1,145 posts in this topic

How are you supposed to play a medium with 300-330m view range at T10?

Binocs meta?

This is pretty much the only thing that really worries me.

13 minutes ago, Sapros said:

Binocs meta?

This is pretty much the only thing that really worries me.

Ehh, not all meds have that view range. Most of mediums had 360 - 400 VR on Sandbox. Only RU meds, 121 and E-50M (which is no longer a sniper btw) have that kind of view range you mentioned, but imo atleast RU mediums shouldnt really have 400 metres of view range, anyway.

Lowering VR is WG's trick by making maps feel bigger, without slow tanks actually suffering even more to get into positions. 

Ru meds are very popular and I personally enjoy the 121 quite a bit. :)

I'm up for making lights relevant by reducing everyone else's view range but that much seems a bit excessive to me.

A "medium" isn't a "medium" any more in this new system, the designated roles are the dominant set of characteristics. The RU hovermeds were changed specifically to be bad at long range fighting, their accuracy went to numbers like 0.42 (+sigma nerf, so it's even worse) and view range is 320 turf. They're "cavalry" (or whatever) now, which means their specialization is flanking attacks. So they get superior speed, maneuverability, and fire on the move stats along with decent durability and DPM, but they're inherently terrible at long range because of bad accuracy and view range. Their primary theoretical role is to be a coked-up, juking pain the ass in front/second line positions snap shotting, flanking, and making you waste shots by changing directions way the fuck faster than anything made of metal has a right to.

More traditional mediums are "cruisers", which have a less specialized balance of firepower, speed, armor, accuracy, and view range. These seem to have 370 view range typically. Combined with a lot higher accuracy they can theoretically engage at longer ranges which doesn't actually work unless you spam HEAT because lolpendrop. Their primary theoretical role is to make tomatoes in heavy tanks feel awesome for bouncing 2k damage at 400m so they give WG moneyz$$$$.

WG doesn't want you to have it all anymore, you have to pick between the obnoxious 420yoloblazit rrr gameplay of stronk hovermed soviet tactic or impotent cowardly NATO view range sniping fat bourgeois merchant gameplay.

Understood. It's just hard to imagine driving T10's with what's currently T3 standards of view range. 

2 hours ago, Jesse_the_Scout said:

A "medium" isn't a "medium" any more in this new system, the designated roles are the dominant set of characteristics. The RU hovermeds were changed specifically to be bad at long range fighting, their accuracy went to numbers like 0.42 (+sigma nerf, so it's even worse) and view range is 320 turf. They're "cavalry" (or whatever) now, which means their specialization is flanking attacks. So they get superior speed, maneuverability, and fire on the move stats along with decent durability and DPM, but they're inherently terrible at long range because of bad accuracy and view range. Their primary theoretical role is to be a coked-up, juking pain the ass in front/second line positions snap shotting, flanking, and making you waste shots by changing directions way the fuck faster than anything made of metal has a right to.

More traditional mediums are "cruisers", which have a less specialized balance of firepower, speed, armor, accuracy, and view range. These seem to have 370 view range typically. Combined with a lot higher accuracy they can theoretically engage at longer ranges which doesn't actually work unless you spam HEAT because lolpendrop. Their primary theoretical role is to make tomatoes in heavy tanks feel awesome for bouncing 2k damage at 400m so they give WG moneyz$$$$.

WG doesn't want you to have it all anymore, you have to pick between the obnoxious 420yoloblazit rrr gameplay of stronk hovermed soviet tactic or impotent cowardly NATO view range sniping fat bourgeois merchant gameplay.

This whole concept is just so contrived and limiting. I don't want to fight contrivances, I want to fight other players. 

13 hours ago, leggasiini said:

Lowering VR is WG's trick by making maps feel bigger, without slow tanks actually suffering even more to get into positions. 

I want to start out by saying I dont think your statement is a complaint, but it has made me think. How would (anyone) increase map size without making tanks like the T95, Maus, T28, Jagzilla, Jap heavies etc essentially worthless? I feel like a lot of people would like less tiny maps (and maps that feel tiny due to corridors) but is there really any way to do this?

- Dont increase any mobility: Lemming trains become worse than ever, theres no way to get back to cap in time, but would make flanking more worthwhile and capping much more viable. Plus tanks above become straight shit to play.

- Increase mobility of the slow tanks only: Would still have lemming train issue, slow tanks would be less boring, but would (maybe) become OP on smaller maps.

-Increase mobility of all tanks: Less of a profound effect on lemming train teams. Slow tanks would effectively be the same as they are now. Flanking would still be more worthwhile since you have a better chance of staying out of draw distance. But now smaller maps would be insane, like the hill on Himmels would be even more of a cluster fuck.

so one of the devs made posted this link here on the sandbox (link to post: http://forum-sandbox.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/622-новости-одной-строкой/page__p__57682#entry57682 ) which leads to a website which with the aid of google transate says this: 

Tankers!

10 and 11 September in the historical and cultural complex "Stalin Line" was held Tank holiday dedicated to the anniversary, seventy Day tanker.

For those who have not had the opportunity to attend the event on 11 September at 13:00 (GMT) on the official channel on Twitch Wargaming held broadcast from the very center of events:

Reconstruction of tank battles in the air.
Demonstration performance at tank biathlon involving the T-72 tank.
Details of the restoration and presentation of the KV-1 tank legendary.
Discussion of technology balance changes Murazor.
Future plans and changes in World of Tanks.
And of course, raffle prizes and gifts.
Text version of the broadcast

Meets Alexander Bobko, Project Manager
Sasha, KV-1 - this is not the first tank that was restored with our help?

Yes, this restoration - is not the first experience, it was the T-34-76, the restoration of which took place as the "Stalin Line". Constantly conducted various projects, our historians are helping museums and restorers all over the world to restore the machine. T-34-76 was unique because almost all the items in it - the original from the period.

In 2014, together with the Museum of the Kubinka with Don river bottom we were getting the tank KV-1. The procedure was extremely difficult to get it was only part of the way, the tower was not found. Here is the tower, chassis have been found on the ISU-152, many details had to be done manually. Yesterday, the first presentation of this tank - its first participation in the reconstruction, as he helped make the moment last wedding proposal!

What other projects have been or will be?

The main role played by museums, looking for lost equipment, and we are always happy to help in such projects. For example, the SU-100 is also restored experts "Stalin Line", and today it will participate in the reconstruction.

Very soon be one hundred years since the first combat use of the tank - Tell me more.

Yes, during the First World War, 15 September 1916, has been tested in battle, the British tank Mark I. Today it is the layout of the tank. In London, September 15 will be shown the real Mark I. Recently, we have made a panoramic Video tour of the first tank, so that if could not live to see the tank, be sure to watch the video.

And players can participate in rehabilitation engineering operations?

Yes, there were several cases where the players themselves or offered help, we called them to come to the museum and participate in the restoration of art and simply upgrade museums. In Moscow there is the Central Museum of the Armed Forces, where, thanks to the players about forty tanks were updated. In Minsk, Krasnodar, Kaluga Region also held similar events.

Such shares more planned for the future?

All such actions we announce on the official website, on social networks and on pomnimvse.org site. We now see that the players are particularly interesting, and we ourselves, technologies related to augmented reality. We created Tank100 app where you can learn the history of the first tank, well, the game itself will be a special game mode "Convoy," which kicks off on 15 September.

Sasha, and you yourself somehow managed to ride on the tanks, which were reduced?

Museum - is not a "Disneyland", there is safety, and people from the can not get into the tank or to operate it. But remember, we raised the KV-1 from the bottom of the river Don - it was summer, and all the local guys who know that they will get a tank, very actively helped.

Daniel answered Murazor Paraschin, an expert on special projects
What do you do in Cyprus?

In fact, I am not only in Cyprus, I am often in Minsk - helping guys here and there. I take part in the work on updates: to view, it is ready, it will be released in this update, you need to plan for the next. Something can be done quickly, such as "ups" premium tanks, so they appear in the previous updates.

Cyprus is not boring you?

How to say, in the office I spend most of the time, sometimes I get out of the sea, it is very hot, so spending a lot of time not even want to on the street.

Was it for you something shocking when hit the developers?

Shocking was nothing, but many of the problems could be seen from a different angle. From the side, everything seems much easier than it is in such a big company.

Day tanker prazdnuesh you are now in Minsk. Would you like to meet him here?

Day tanker, I really wanted to meet in Minsk. In Cyprus, there is no such events, so very happy to be here.

As far as I know, your responsibility - a balanced action and "sandbox"?

Yes that's right. "Sandbox" was originally conceived as a platform where you can test large changes, changing the whole class mechanic. We want to make these changes are understood and accepted by the players, so the self-tests are not enough.

We have behind the first stage of "Sandbox", there were big changes, and contradictory impressions of the players, what do you say?

Yes, it was necessary to change all get used, so it was a natural resistance from the players, but we are all accustomed to the tanks, they are, and have much to learn again.

What we learned in the first phase?

It collected a large number of reviews, and we understand that players want to change, but such a big change it is not clear - in fact it is a different game. And now we are going to do in a different way: to produce more detailed changes and listen to player feedback. If approved, we will work on it further, if not - we will not sell.

What will happen to the "sandbox"?

We have selected the changes and mechanics, who liked the players - for example, changes artillery players perceived positively. Stun irritated many, but we are looking at ways to remove it.

A year ago, there was a sense that we have little to do with a positive game. What are your impressions since I started working on "Tank"?

The changes we have planned, will be seen in future patches, until I can not talk about it. From the latter, to which I was involved - it "up" 112, which will be version 9.16.

Recently, a lot of "ups" Premium tanks, tanks and ordinary "apat" will be?

Premium fix easier because researched tanks - it's part of the branches, and do not want to fix a car - it is necessary to fix the whole branch.

You have time to play?

I have time, but not as much as I would have liked that the hotel internet is bad, and the gaming laptop to carry a not always successful. But I will try all the tanks that we produce, particularly premium.

We have a positive trend in the 9.14 update, do you think it will continue?

I believe so, yes. I would like to mention the improvement in the mechanics of "glare" of 9.16 - this problem has been in the game is very large, and fix it require a serious server performance.

Disables the overall combat chat - why?

We have a lot of players complain about the insults in a chat. In all regions, the players do not like it. Much more often rivals write negative comments than positive ones.

During the German "Scorpio" thank you?

Can me.

Traditional questions from players where the balance on the "skill" and ± 1 level?

not necessary The "randomness" to "skill" balance, because it turns out that "skilloviki" play against each other and ponagibat has not come out. About the fact that these different modes are needed - it's a fact.

± 1 level will not do, but the matchmaking are now carried over very large job. It is not sure, but the plans are such that we will show the result in the "sandbox".

Meets Maxim Chuvalov, Project Manager
Max, what are you all doing?

To promote our game - both in our region and in the rest. To effectively do this, close interaction with the developers. I communicate with the media, players, speaking at events.

What do you think, 9.14 and 9.15 - this is a good upgrade?

Yes, I think the players noticed. 9.14 and 9.15 were received positively, and we do not plan to go this way. We have changed the approach to development: become denser to communicate with the players. After the sound and physics, we have collected a huge number of reviews that have helped to improve the sound in 9.15, and improve them even in 9.16.

Tell us about the overall test 9.16. What, in your opinion, the most important of the update?

The mechanics of "light" - one of the major changes that will affect each player. Previously, "lit up" occurred in 1.5-2 seconds, but now detect when leaving the enemy because of the obstacles will be instantaneous.

"Convoy" mode - that we are in it waiting for?

We are waiting for in-game event, dedicated to the First World War tank Mark I. September 15 will celebrate 100 years since the first use of tanks in battle, and we could not support this event. The mode will be dynamic battles. Players will get the atmosphere of the First World War, see dirigible balloons and biplanes. wheeled equipment will be used in the operation - it has become possible due to physics, which appeared in 9.14. Teams will consist of 7 players and one of the teams will be Mark I, which is to accompany the finish point. We first try to improve the mechanics of short-term instruments - you can pick up a game piece, which will significantly improve the characteristics of the instruments at a time. The mode will be fighting the task for which you can get commemorative medals. Players will see a special hangar, dedicated to the same date.

At Gamescom we announced the "Swedes", tell us about the nation more.

Yes, we are really at Gamescom announced the Swedish nation. Swedes historically prepared to defend - prepare for battle in their territories with difficult terrain and the superior forces of the enemy, so they have unique characteristics and technology. Swedish engineers are not afraid to experiment, and to the "top" level will be a lot of know-how. Air suspension on PT-ACS X level will allow the player to adjust the level of the tank rise above the horizon, the speed of movement back is almost comparable with the forward movement.

And when we see the branch?

The nation will come to the end of this year. It will consist of a branch of PT-ACS and branches of RT-CT-CT. Unique voice, crew, logo. The 9.16 premium will tank this nation - VI level with the drum loading and three crew members, the same number of crew members and TT "top".

The air suspension was the same and at the STB-1, what do we do with him?

First, it is necessary to test the technology to see if she likes the players, and if it is convenient and useful, perhaps, then fast forward it and the STB-1.

Is there any news about the second phase of the "sandbox"?

The second stage is not far away. I think in the near future developer diaries tell you all the details.

What are the plans for the balancer?

Now we are working on a new balancer, and it is difficult to tell which version he gets, and even where it will be tested: in the "Sandbox" on internal tests or general test. The main objective of the new balancer - to increase the number of fights for player comfort. Roughly speaking, the number of fights in the top, middle and bottom of the list should be about the same, but the team should be balanced in terms of the number and classes of equipment.

Premium technique will "Nerf"? Players worry about the "Scorpion."

With premium technology is nothing wrong will not happen. You may have noticed that the latest updates, we, on the contrary, "apali" her.

All active in World of Tanks, you can learn from the events calendar.

any thoughts?

Pretty awkward translation, hard to glean much.

Bottom line is they could make a lot of changes that would make sandbox work alright. It wouldn't take much, even just removing the pen drop and it would all be decent even if nothing ground breaking or revolutionary. I've seen a couple of times in Q & A they keep saying they will do "something" about gold ammo, if they did the damage drop they seemed to originally plan on it would all work. If retarded ass pay to win gold ammo went away as part of the changes that alone would be worth whatever downsides came out of sandbox.

Not really holding my breath overall because I keep getting the impression the people at WG who know what the fuck they're doing don't have enough freedom to do their job.

7 hours ago, Jesse_the_Scout said:

Pretty awkward translation, hard to glean much.

Bottom line is they could make a lot of changes that would make sandbox work alright. It wouldn't take much, even just removing the pen drop and it would all be decent even if nothing ground breaking or revolutionary. I've seen a couple of times in Q & A they keep saying they will do "something" about gold ammo, if they did the damage drop they seemed to originally plan on it would all work. If retarded ass pay to win gold ammo went away as part of the changes that alone would be worth whatever downsides came out of sandbox.

Not really holding my breath overall because I keep getting the impression the people at WG who know what the fuck they're doing don't have enough freedom to do their job.

Oh, i still hope / guess (perhaps more hope as guess, but still, im quite good at guessing ^^) that WG will reduce the pen drop a bit, nerf the dmg of gold ammo, buff the pen (APCR has now equal if not less penetration as AP at long range....)

Many tanks will become much worse / better, but for every tank that gets ``ruined`` 1 OP tank gets nerfed, and 2 turds will become playable, killing 5 tanks to fix 20 is imo a good trade off and if the overall trend for tier 10 is nerf, thats also not bad, the gap between tier 10 and 8 is a bit too big anyway...

The gap between an IS3, ISU-152 or 416 is not too big.

The gap between a Cent 1 and tier 10 on the hand is massive. An across the board DPM buff for the tier 8 mediums (plus Caernarvon), to move them from 1.8-2k DPM, up to 2.3k - 2.6k DPM would instantly make those more competitive. 

Still personally say -

1. Nerf the TVP,

2. Nerf the Russian meds (this sandbox brawler style with low view range, poor accuracy etc. seems fine though they should have higher aim times, like 2.4 - 2.5s)

3. Nerf the E5 LFP to E4 LFP. 

4. Nerf the alpha damage on the TDs with compensatory buffs

5. Nerf the pen on the premium ammo, reduce damage.

6. Do the sandbox arty nerfs (no AP, no premium, low HE pen, bigger splash, a tuned variation of the stun with a counter like premium med kit reduces stun duration)

And tier 10 instantly becomes way better. 

The more I play AW the more I hate an idea of one class being able to constantly outspot everything else. It makes game unplayable.

I don't say they shouldn't outspot them at all but not with 50-100m of advantage over other classes. WG should test a game where LT has 30m better view range but without coated optics in current state. I think that 445m limit should be reached only by specialized tanks with superior crews. 

There is basically no reason to go full retard and give lights massive view range advantages over all other classes. SB was literally 430 vs. 370 which is nuts. With superior camo, smaller size, and better mobility lights could easily have a spotting edge with view range numbers on par with mediums or close. 380 vs. 370 would likely be plenty, maybe even still too much. The problem at high tier now is that EVERY tank has 400m view range, which makes every open area a field of death. At mid tier knowing an enemy's view range is useful and important, at tier 10 all you need to know is, "always assume you're about to be lit".

In that long Q&A they did recently they said they did exactly what GM said, which was aim past the mark with the intent to pare back to the right place. That does make sense, as that's long been a way of making major adjustment. Instead of moving small amounts over and over, you make one big leap to establish "too far" and then work your way back once you have the entire range estimated. So if they do pare a lot of stuff back I could see the basic premise working, but they still aren't really addressing the game's actual issues. Arty and gold ammo are number one, MM and maps are close behind, and the pile of other stuff is minor in comparison. Unless they seriously attack those big four the changes they're just going to be "stirring the rubble" to borrow a phrase.

The arty changes are NOT going to work as of yet (stun? Oh, right, let me post the game I just had where the French tier 5 arty permatracked me with 8 consecutive shots despite 80% repair skill and tell me how much fun stun spam looks), gold ammo is "FIRST RULE ABOUT GOLD AMMO, DON'T TALK ABOUT GOLD AMMO", MM fixes are lolwotisMM? and maps are barely on the radar. All of that stuff is way more important than the basic roles and relationships between the vehicles, which are currently not even an issue beyond the usual buffs and nerfs some tanks need. And really, you can't balance the tank roles due to the combined anarchy of MM, gold ammo, clicking, and retarded corridor maps. It makes little sense to focus on tweaking relationships between tanks without first addressing the core broken mechanics.

5 hours ago, Jesse_the_Scout said:

stun? Oh, right, let me post the game I just had where the French tier 5 arty permatracked me with 8 consecutive shots despite 80% repair skill 

I actually think that they said in one of their QAs that low alpha, fast RoF arties will NOT have stun

1 hour ago, leggasiini said:

I actually think that they said in one of their QAs that low alpha, fast RoF arties will NOT have stun

If you believe anything WG says in those I have a bridge to sell you.

1 hour ago, StormCrowReaperManyHats said:

If you believe anything WG says in those I have a bridge to sell you.

WG has serious development problems. 2015 was a year of nothing, 9 months in 2016 we haven't received anything. I don't see them doing anything meaningful in near future. Seems like they go to meetings and then slap eachother with their dicks. After that they shit out another bullshit premium tank / OP tier X and everything is fine.

When WoT came out WG was full YOLO mode, patches every month with something interesting. Now they have lost their mojo. 1 month of Sandbox and they couldn't take the heat, slapped their heads in sand and hurr-durr everything was fine. Yes, Sandbox was controversial, but simply dumping it is like shoving that huge pile of shit under a carpet and pretending it's not there, even though it stinks like... shit?

Arty, MM, goldammo, balance changes on live servers in 2018? 

Still waiting for the Skill rework, which was announced I think 2014. Sixth sense for everyone, like they did with WoWs. But so far. Nothing.

16 hours ago, StormCrowReaperManyHats said:

Revert to patch 8.6. Call it a day.

Fuck. No. 

The TD meta was just as bad as pre 8.6 arty (or possibly worse), and the maps were even more broken.

17 hours ago, Trakais said:

Arty, MM, goldammo, balance changes on live servers in 2018? 

Unlikely. They seem to be heading for development hell, theres no long term vision for the game, which seems to be the root of all these problems. They seem to pick up ideas, run with them for a few months, then drop them again. Unsurprisingly, nothing major ever happens.

Of course last time they actually stuck it out and got a new idea through development, it was rampage mode... And then they threw that out rather than trying to fix it (seriously, fucking rampage would probably have worked with lower tier tanks... if only because it didnt break the bank to play). They seem paralyzed by the idea of messing up their cash cow, even though at this point inaction is just as bad as a wrong action.

All ranting aside, at least 9.16 is a step in the right direction with the spotting fixes. The Swedish tree... well, all will be forgiven if it isnt a broken mess. On the other hand, if it is a broken mess, SP15 will be vindicated and WG's PR will be worse than ever.

25 minutes ago, karl0ssus1 said:

Fuck. No. 

The TD meta was just as bad as pre 8.6 arty (or possibly worse), and the maps were even more broken.

TD meta didn't get going until 8.8ish. 8.6 was the arty nerf accuracy sigma buff, basically the time in which skill was at its most relevant.

4 minutes ago, StormCrowReaperManyHats said:

TD meta didn't get going until 8.8ish. 8.6 was the arty nerf accuracy sigma buff, basically the time in which skill was at its most relevant.

Thats just meta lagging behind the patches. 8.6 arty was exactly the same as 8.8 arty, except bert wasnt a thing in 8.6

Bringing 8.6 back wont cause the same drop off in arty player numbers, because it wouldnt make a functional difference to arty this time around, and the sigma nerf wasnt until like... 9.5? So what makes 8.6 so much more special than the post TD nerf patches?

Pre Brit Arty, Pre Waffle Trolley, Pre Agent Orange. I just found that 8.6 was the highpoint for individual skill in the game.