MightyBalls

Wn8 Efficiency Expectd Values Question

16 posts in this topic

Hi guys, does anyone know when the expected values is going to be updated?

Its been a very long time.

I only ask because my website is giving hugely wrong values because of this.

Is the lack of updates related to the WN9 which is coming soon or is the chap who develops it unwell.

I hope its not the latter.

oh my fucking god these shitthreads are like Bob's Army

@PityFool@Private_Miros

My first sentence in the thread describes the situation; my last, you.

I opened a thread not demanding anything but asking if everything is ok or is it because of the wn9 which is coming soon.

I think your reply and lack of composure over an Innocent enquiry insulting and I will be reporting you for this to admins.

I am not demanding anything, as I know that after patches there are delays because of gathering data etc.

I simply asked if the person doing the wnefficiency website is ok, or is it because of the wn9.

Instead you make me look like an idiot and then close the thread so I can not defend myself for something that I did not intend!

You are too kind, I did not have to put any effort in at all.

Fine, I'll repoen the thread and allow you to publically defend yourself and point out where the Q&A fails to answers your questions. This will then by added to the Q&A if relevant.

@Solono

3 minutes ago, Private_Miros said:

Fine, I'll repoen the thread and allow you to publically defend yourself and point out where the Q&A fails to answers your questions. This will then by added to the Q&A if relevant.

@Solono

:popcorn:

13 minutes ago, Private_Miros said:

@Solono

I wanted to know about what is happening because its never been so long since a last update to values.

If its because the person who gathers the implementation is unwell then I wish that person is not going through anything life threatening.

If it was because of the wn9 which is looming round the corner, then I need to start to think about updating my website.

I was only intrigued because I have been asking around the war gaming community for a while, and hesitated here because of snide comments all the time from members.

But with little luck I decided and wrongly by the looks of it, to ask here.

I can understand people getting pissed of the same topic over and over again.

But try using a sticky and not closing and putting every thread to garbage.

People come here to get information from people who are in the know how, but one thing I have noticed a lot on here is people attacking others who ask simple questions.

I have not come here because of a patch, I have come here because its been months and multiple patches, and  I wanted to know if I need to update my website for wn9 to be honest as I know that this has been in development for a while and must be somewhat close for launch.

25 minutes ago, MightyBalls said:

But try using a sticky and not closing and putting every thread to garbage.

that's the thing... there is a sticky

No one is attacking anyone here. This forums has helped alooot of ppl with all kinds of issues and questions. 

The reason you might feel attacked is becouse you and many others are demanding something that some guys here are kind enough to do in their free time for free. If they decide to never update any kind of wn metric again yku still wouldnt be entitled to say a word about it. 

And lets be honest here. You asking if someone is unwell cuz update is not up is demanding and not friendly concern for their health. 

"Hello, there is nothing out of the ordinary stopping work. The guys working on this are doing as fast as they can. Please check this thread: XYZ for a more detailed explanation."

Bang, question answered, one happy customer

Bang, nobody feels insulted

Bang, nobody complaining to anyone via PM

Diplomacy it's called.

This reminds me, a lot of years back, I had a rather complex issue that required odd modifications to the Windows routing table, which I knew little about at the time. So, I browsed around the net, found nothing, except an IRC channel where some of the folks seemed to know about that stuff.

So I make an account, log on, introduce myself and ask my question clearly and politely: "Hey, I'm xyz, I have been looking for information and can't find any, I was hoping you may have the answer. I'm trying to do xyz and I'm not sure how to setup the routing table. Can anyone help?"

One of the admins promptly replies:

"We're not here to do your homework you little bitch. Hire a pro and gtfo"

*You have been permanently banned. Reason: Fuck off*

Point is, that was like 10 years ago and I still remember it. I can't be sure what the OP's intentions was, but if it was really just an innocent mistake, cutting him some slack would go a long way.

1 hour ago, Gr1nch_1 said:

No one is attacking anyone here. This forums has helped alooot of ppl with all kinds of issues and questions. 

The reason you might feel attacked is becouse you and many others are demanding something that some guys here are kind enough to do in their free time for free. If they decide to never update any kind of wn metric again yku still wouldnt be entitled to say a word about it. 

And lets be honest here. You asking if someone is unwell cuz update is not up is demanding and not friendly concern for their health. 

Again where did I demand anything?

I asked a question and was in good will.

If wn stopped his amazing contribution, then fair enough I would accept that and carry on.

I am not asking people to do more work or work faster, I am asking a simple question as I have a website which uses wn8 and wanted to make sure that either the person/persons are ok or if its related to wn9.

Again I can understand if people are pissed about the number of topics.

But my question could have been answer by simply saying it is still in development just delayed or such and such is ill or busy with exams etc etc.

I was not asking for it to be updated or demanding anything!

10 minutes ago, NThirtyTwo said:

"Hello, there is nothing out of the ordinary stopping work. The guys working on this are doing as fast as they can. Please check this thread: XYZ for a more detailed explanation."

Bang, question answered, one happy customer

Bang, nobody feels insulted

Bang, nobody complaining to anyone via PM

Diplomacy it's called.

This reminds me, a lot of years back, I had a rather complex issue that required odd modifications to the Windows routing table, which I knew little about at the time. So, I browsed around the net, found nothing, except an IRC channel where some of the folks seemed to know about that stuff.

So I make an account, log on, introduce myself and ask my question clearly and politely: "Hey, I'm xyz, I have been looking for information and can't find any, I was hoping you may have the answer. I'm trying to do xyz and I'm not sure how to setup the routing table. Can anyone help?"

One of the admins promptly replies:

"We're not here to do your homework you little bitch. Hire a pro and gtfo"

*You have been permanently banned. Reason: Fuck off*

Point is, that was like 10 years ago and I still remember it. I can't be sure what the OP's intentions was, but if it was really just an innocent mistake, cutting him some slack would go a long way.

Exactly what a lot of newbies are feeling.

I waited for months and multiple patches to come to here and ask a simply honest question because of being belittled like an idiot on display.

Manors cost nothing in life and I personally try and treat people the way I would expect people to treat me!

1 minute ago, MightyBalls said:

Again where did I demand anything?

I asked a question and was in good will.

If wn stopped his amazing contribution, then fair enough I would accept that and carry on.

I am not asking people to do more work or work faster, I am asking a simple question as I have a website which uses wn8 and wanted to make sure that either the person/persons are ok or if its related to wn9.

Again I can understand if people are pissed about the number of topics.

But my question could have been answer by simply saying it is still in development just delayed or such and such is ill or busy with exams etc etc.

I was not asking for it to be updated or demanding anything!

If thats really the case then i apologise for being harsh. You have to understand that similar topic pops up every week which is why tensions are a bit high regarding that subject.

Well then, I think everyone's made their point, tension seems to have come down, questions are answered... Feels like a perfect time to close this thread before it turns to shit again! ;)

@Private_Miros

Glad we talked it out.

WotLabs generally doesn't bother with stickies. This is one subject where we did, because the same question does indeed pop up that many times.

The answer is simply it's done when it is done. The development on WN9 you can follow in the WN9 thread btw. It is close to being finished.

You should also be able to follow the update thread, even though you are not allowed to post in it.

While I stick to the point that you could easily have read the stickied thead and the two threads dealing with updates instead of posting this question, my apologies for treating you like a whining pubbie with the intention to whine.

Banning Miros for life.

You hear that, Private?  If you ever manage to get one of those Life things, you're banned for it.

Hi, if you want intermediate values then please check the WN8 updating thread. I've got a preliminary v27 in my Dropbox linked there. I'll be uploading the final v27 hopefully by the end of the week. 

10 hours ago, MightyBalls said:

Is the lack of updates related to the WN9 which is coming soon or is the chap who develops it unwell.

WN9 isn't related to the delay. I'm entirely responsible for WN9, while Kitten is the anointed maintainer of WN8 expected values.

However, I can provide versions of the WN8 expected values with new tanks added on request, as I maintain my own. Obviously that's not much use to users, but website developers should feel free to ask. Technically you can also rip that data from the WN9 site (jaj22.org.uk/tankdata/exp_alldata.js).

As for the meta-argument, if you provide a service, then people will want to communicate with you about that service and receive development updates. A static FAQ doesn't cover that demand. If you don't want people creating threads then just have a user-facing WNx update thread in addition to the Mathlab one.