leggasiini

ISU-152 appreciation thread

99 posts in this topic

y da fuq there is no ISU appreciation thread.

This thing kicks ass. Platform is poopy but one word: BL-10. 750 alpha, 286 pen AP and 325 pen APCR, with still having good DPM. stronk balance comrade xaxaxaxaxaxax)))))))))

Sold shitty Object 268 to get this thing back. Man i fell in love quickly, even though the trollcannon was worthy its name and trolled me first two matches. Having 750 alpha is just so awesome on tier 8. Its probably my favorite TD now (2nd after pre-HD Wolverine, i miss you :feelsbad:).

One question though, what equipment you use on Stalin's ultimate super railgun platform? I use basic bushwanker set, aka rammer/binocs/camo net, but im considering to swap camo net for vents. Wont use optics over binocs because ISU has too low view range to reach 445 even with optics (i think?).

 

 

RASSSHAAAAAAAAAAA

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Deusmortis said:

it exist.  Just buried on page 17 or so.

have you got the whole forum memorized? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rather than buying more storage, Never just plugged the forum data into my brain.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well there can be never too many appreciation threads for trollcannon, right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i appreciate the feeling i get when i kill one... in arty :trollface:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, saru_richard said:

i appreciate the feeling i get when i kill one... in arty :trollface:

I hope you also appreciate when suddendly half of your HP is gone :trollface: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rammer, vents, gld if you plan to use it in competitive gameplay or only in platoons with people spotting for you..

rammer, vents & binocs for randoms or solopubbing.. I'd rather have a little buff in everything than having only my aim time buffed..

I played it as a pure support tank blapping people in the face from less than 100m..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I use GLD on all tanks with 3 or more seconds aim time, thus ISU should always have GLD.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, WhatTheSkara said:

Rammer, vents, gld if you plan to use it in competitive gameplay or only in platoons with people spotting for you..

rammer, vents & binocs for randoms or solopubbing.. I'd rather have a little buff in everything than having only my aim time buffed..

I played it as a pure support tank blapping people in the face from less than 100m..

 

Why ditch GLD/VSTAB in favor of crappy equipment? That's essential with RAMMER. FOOD instead of VENTS :doit:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I use rammer, gld, and binocs.  I just got the bl-10 and man does it bring the pain. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I use rammer, GLD , vent

ISU is blind as a bat, so no point in binos, it also aims slow, so GLD is nice, and vents give a nice all round buff (bit reload speed, bit mobility, bit faster aim)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, WhatTheSkara said:

Why not food + vents?

Mandatory is GLD + RAMMER everything else is optional :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess that considering i mostly solo rammer/vents or gld/binocs is best way to go? I kinda want to have good VR and i have 3 skill crew + foods so my ISU actually hits max VR with binocs, even without vents. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, leggasiini said:

I guess that considering i mostly solo rammer/vents or gld/binocs is best way to go? I kinda want to have good VR and i have 3 skill crew + foods so my ISU actually hits max VR with binocs, even without vents. 

 
 

With BIA, SA, RECON, FOOD, VENTS, it's only 400m according to tanks.gg

 

I don't see useful boosting VR with optics because of brawling meta and insane T9/10 VR anyways. So if you have to play on vision you are already dead man shooting. 

I would run without optics/bino(especially because no turret) to maximize everything else. 

 

TL;DR: it's not like you gonna outspott bat/obj and other hybrids. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, BlackAdder said:

With BIA, SA, RECON, FOOD, VENTS, it's only 400m according to tanks.gg

 

I don't see useful boosting VR with optics because of brawling meta and insane T9/10 VR anyways. So if you have to play on vision you are already dead man shooting. 

I would run without optics/bino(especially because no turret) to maximize everything else. 

 

TL;DR: it's not like you gonna outspott bat/obj and other hybrids. 

I were talking about binocs, not optics.

Im afraid to not have as good VR as possible since like i said i play mostly solo and i honestly never can trust pubbies, you know...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, leggasiini said:

I were talking about binocs, not optics.

Im afraid to not have as good VR as possible since like i said i play mostly solo and i honestly never can trust pubbies, you know...

 
 

I know, but tier 7 scout have more camo and more VR than you, so if you think you'll outspot tanks you are wrong. Plus binos works when stationary and after 5s, and that is big issue for turretless TD imho. You cant solo play on vision/camo in TDs anymore. That is thing of great past :D 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I bought it back to trivialize TD missions a while ago and stole the obj 268 crew. Only took about 40 solopub battles to go from 0% to 3 MOE.

I ran rammer vents binocs. I had no trouble outspotting tier 7 lights. You still can play vision, you just need a much bigger view range and camo advantage than back in the vision control meta. My ISU is at 505m view range with binocs, that get the job done, even against RU meds. You do need that much view range to play vision control nowdays; 455m view range will not cut it against tier 9/10s.

Binocs activation time isn't much of an issue, since that's about how long you need to aim anyways. You just pre-aim a spot, and by the time you aim, binocs come active. If you need to turn to engage a different position, what you spotted will stay spotted for another 10 seconds, more than long enough to re-aim and engage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has the same view range as SU-100 and I've done pretty good in SU-100 with GLD, Rammer and binos. Binos work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This tank is awesome.  Even in a bad game, you can easily pick up 2k damage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

+EGLD and rammer are mandatory...and this is too soft tank for 5 seconds exposure if you run without EGLD.

P.S. RHM is a worse platform.

1)ISU at least does not burn

2)you can not penn it with HE

3)does not get engine knocked out every time

4)it has gun depression

5) it is quite fast, not only faster than RHM, but faster than most heavies in initial deployment.

6) armor is good if you hide left 45% of the tank and have 150 m+ distance

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Felicius said:

EGLD and rammer are mandatory...and this is too soft tank for 5 seconds exposure if you run without EGLD.

P.S. RHM is a worse platform.

1)ISU at least does not burn

2)you can not penn it with HE

3)does not get engine knocked out every time (although drivers die often)

4)it has gun depression

5) it is quite fast, not only faster than RHM, but faster than most heavies in initial deployment.

 

Where is doesn't have turret :serb:

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, BlackAdder said:

Where is doesn't have turret :serb:

 

 

Yup. I like the turret so much...if it were for only half of those above mentioned, RHM would be better. But 6 advantages are less than one, no matter how huge.

besides, i have not mentioned the better gun. and APCR>HEAT.

7) it is not so long that you have trouble poking out...just stick the mantlet side (right one) out and cover the vulnerable area on the left. Drivers are gonna thank you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Felicius said:

Yup. I like the turret so much...if it were for only half of those above mentioned, RHM would be better. But 6 advantages are less than one, no matter how huge.

besides, i have not mentioned the better gun. and APCR>HEAT.

7) it is not so long that you have trouble poking out...just stick the mantlet side (right one) out and cover the vulnerable area on the left. Drivers are gonna thank you.

Dunno i like to have turret, it's more versatile too play. And two thing, I don't get hate towards HEAT and second who uses 150 on RHM anyway??? :D

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.