leggasiini

ISU-152 appreciation thread

101 posts in this topic

On 16.06.2016 at 0:29 AM, BlackAdder said:

Dunno i like to have turret, it's more versatile too play. And two thing, I don't get hate towards HEAT and second who uses 150 on RHM anyway??? :D

Soft + slow doesn't make for a versatile tank, even with a turret. 

17 hours ago, _Violence_ said:

I always fire on the move (maybe stop a few seconds and shoot). So APCR is a must because trollcannon decides when the next miss shot is.

Yep, cheap and dirty for the marks, and worth it.

Cheapest APCR in the game, only 3x more expensive than AP. Way cheapest per dmg dome.

21 hours ago, Archaic_One said:

So yeah first 15 battles:

93% WR, 2200 DPG

lol, this is the most easy-mode tank ever - just follow the heavies and give no fucks.

Shoot 3 times and you've done your part in the ISU. That tank is stupidly effective.

Sold Obj 268 (for 2nd time :serb: ) and moved its crew to ISU. Havent played it for ages. Click a battle, and i wasnt dissapointed at all. 

It feels like that ISU's gun is better than 268's gun. For real. 

3 hours ago, leggasiini said:

Sold Obj 268 (for 2nd time :serb: ) and moved its crew to ISU. Havent played it for ages. Click a battle, and i wasnt dissapointed at all. 

It feels like that ISU's gun is better than 268's gun. For real. 

Gun arc/depression?

On 10-6-2016 at 10:14 PM, leggasiini said:

This thing kicks ass. Platform is poopy but one word: BL-10. 750 alpha, 286 pen AP and 325 pen APCR, with still having good DPM. stronk balance comrade xaxaxaxaxaxax)))))))))

Good  OK as I am I rarely ever get shot by ISU152, but when I drive my kv4 it is sometimes out of my control. And sometimes when they bushkemp and snipe from 300+ meters while being unspotted you cant always know for sure where they are

I consequently UC report every ISU152 who ever manages to hit me, except that one of yesterday who shot my T25 AT's track without damage ... two times in row.

I cannot appreciate 750 damage with 286 pen in tier 8, especially if it has such retarted OP rate of fire with it as well. With a 15 sec reload time he can dish out 3750 damage in 60 seconds.

Why people like to play this abbomination will always be a mistery to me

1 hour ago, bask185 said:

Good  OK as I am I rarely ever get shot by ISU152, but when I drive my kv4 it is sometimes out of my control. And sometimes when they bushkemp and snipe from 300+ meters while being unspotted you cant always know for sure where they are

I consequently UC report every ISU152 who ever manages to hit me, except that one of yesterday who shot my T25 AT's track without damage ... two times in row.

I cannot appreciate 750 damage with 286 pen in tier 8, especially if it has such retarted OP rate of fire with it as well. With a 15 sec reload time he can dish out 3750 damage in 60 seconds.

Your description suits you well.

If it was up to bask the game would be World of M4 Improved . . . 

On 10/29/2016 at 11:31 AM, bask185 said:

So you are that shitlord that reports everybody that shoots you?  FFS, the tank is blind, it traverses like a beached rowboat, it has no armor, and it derps 1/2 its shots in the ground unless you are close enough to shove the gun into their tank.  You are truly a credit to the game bask, truly you are why the name and shame forum exists.

On 10/29/2016 at 0:31 PM, bask185 said:

Is everything that kills you OP?

On 10/29/2016 at 11:31 PM, bask185 said:

So autoloaders are broken to him, TD are broken to him, arty are broken to him. What's next, all tier 10 MT are broken because any decent player in them can rekt him?

On 29/10/2016 at 5:31 PM, bask185 said:

I bet you also turn around and complain about the reporting system being broken too. People like you always do.

On 1-11-2016 at 5:09 PM, woe2you said:

I bet you also turn around and complain about the reporting system being broken too. People like you always do.

Nah man, I love report system, I spend 90% of me reports on dem arties. I do this in the hope they get banned for a day so tommorow is a better day to play wot. I miss the old system that was the best : )

On 1-11-2016 at 4:30 PM, EthanDuong said:

So autoloaders are broken to him, TD are broken to him, arty are broken to him. What's next, all tier 10 MT are broken because any decent player in them can rekt him?

No dumbass... only TD with broken mega alpha damage, ISU152, SU100 w 122mm, deathstars that kinda crap.
Those TD, autoloaders and arty all do the same, with their broken mega fire power they promote/enforce camping too much. Especially when dem shitters go red line hugging or sit on the highests vantage points they can find, turning half maps into no-go-zones.

So, you try to get a player banned because he plays a tank that WG has put in the game to be unsportsmanlike conduct?  29K games and your average tier is lower than mine, I'm surprised you ever see ISU . . .

What is funny is how his most played tank is overpowered tier 2 that has combination of good armor, depression, okay mobility and autocannon that can cut 3/4 of tier 2's HP in less like one second, yet he reports ISU-152 players which sacrficises everything for that gun and even still it cant do same to its own tier tanks...

This guy has lost all of his creditibility.

7 hours ago, leggasiini said:

What is funny is how his most played tank is overpowered tier 2 that has combination of good armor, depression, okay mobility and autocannon that can cut 3/4 of tier 2's HP in less like one second, yet he reports ISU-152 players which sacrficises everything for that gun and even still it cant do same to its own tier tanks...

This guy has lost all of his creditibility.

Not really I have touched my pzII 23 whole times over the past 8000 battles. When we got our +2 tier MM instead of +4 tier MM I kinda stopped with my one and only tank which had PREFERENTIAL MATCHMAKING when every other tank was put against +4 tiers. When your M6 was put against maus and Is7 without any gold ammo...it was sometimes less frustrating to play tier II. And besides.. half of tier I and II can wipe their selfes out in few seconds. That is deemed normal and well balanced by WG

Sorry I clubbed seals once, but I was also a seal. And the PzII was one of the two tanks I wanted when I started WOT. I got 3 models of it back home.
But that ISU152 is just an abomination, unlike my PzII, this thing has one of the most overpowered alpha damage and penetration values. Where it is perfectly "normal" in tier II that you can 2 clip eachother only if you are close by, it is insane that the ISU152 can 2 shot wipe out it's own tier from any range at freaking tier 8.

Sure, it can two shot Tier 8s. So can the Rhm with the 15 cm gun and 334 pen HEAT. And it gets a turret. It can actually brawl at close ranges.

The only thing the ISU is good at is kempbush/unfairplane.

On 11/01/2016 at 4:30 PM, EthanDuong said:

Don't forget that derps gun are also broken...

Thread with mt25

6 hours ago, cwjian90 said:

Sure, it can two shot Tier 8s. So can the Rhm with the 15 cm gun and 334 pen HEAT. And it gets a turret. It can actually brawl at close ranges.

ISU's APCR > Borsig's HEAT :serb:

ISU also is faster, doesnt get penned by HE, has better DPM, much much more useful AP shell and much better shell velocity, so there is that.

Borsig's only advantage is camo and turret, although latter is quite significant advantage indeed.

2 hours ago, leggasiini said:

ISU's APCR > Borsig's HEAT :serb:

ISU also is faster, doesnt get penned by HE, has better DPM, much much more useful AP shell and much better shell velocity, so there is that.

Borsig's only advantage is camo and turret, although latter is quite significant advantage indeed.

Don´t forget the gun depression.

IRL feels like the ISU has a lot more, maybe because of the gun position?

Also, RHM burns like shit, and crew dies all the time, even from hits by pew-pew guns. If you simply NEED to take a hit, I have a feeling I play Russian roulette - you never knows are you gonna burn+get engine destroyed, lose gunner and loader or something else.

ISU has almost no module damage at all (alongside about 40% frontal area being the mantlet in a hull-down), unless someone gets on your side - than it burns (rarely), or gets yellow ammorack. But you are dead anyway with that traverse, so who cares?  You have your hitpoints and predictable outcome of trades/hillpokes. Even arty does not fuck you too much, side armor is decent protection against splashes (and you can kinda sidescrape on your right side). Driver dies often if you expose the left side, and that is where enemies like to shoot, since non-mantlet area is much larger than on your right side.

ISU can run food to alleviate a bit of its derpiness, RHM can not for above mentioned reasons, you need like 4 consumables to use all of your hitpoints without crippling module damage.

Also, RHM has a tantalizing gun choice - 15 cm is lighter, and packs alpha, but it looses a good deal of DPM, accuracy (almost as bad as ISU), and shells are painfully slow.

128 was much better back in the vision meta, but now it suffers when forced into trading shots.

Overall, ISU has aged well, while the RMH was hurt by the meta, but also by the great TD vision nerf (ISU was always blind, RHM used to see 400 m. you can still camo snipe, but before the view range nerf turreted TDs could outplay the meds in their own game).

9 hours ago, Felicius said:

--

Most important, ISU has fear factor, even the biggest moron wont shot trade with you, wont push you when you aim at him, or try something stupid in general

Ppl keep trying to hit your Rhm, and no armor means always dmg, incase of an ISU, they might bounce, and take 750 in the face

ps: manditory ISU footage (yes, i go up the hill on mines, and im brawling on the streets of Himmelsdorf, i wanna see the fear in their eyes when they get smashed by 152mm of russian bias)

19 hours ago, cwjian90 said:

Who the hell kemps bush in ISU?  Follow the heavies, shoot what they shoot, crush their dreams.

a0f894e4fa5b3526339fe2ae25e62aae01ff362d