Never

Expected Values updated to v27

111 posts in this topic

My overall went up from like 2056 to 2088, good I guess, My recent went down but I can fix that.

When I stop being a shitter.

1 hour ago, Assassin7 said:

But are you taking into account that the average skill level of people playing the 907 is MUCH higher than the 140?  

Yes, the primary point of expected values methods is to adjust for population skill. The WN8 method is half-arsed, but the interval method is pretty solid. There are weaknesses related to crew skills, but that makes little difference at tier 10.

Other tanks with strong player bases don't benefit in the interval results. The M60 comes out >150 dpg below the M48, and the T95E6 even lower. VK72 is well below the E-100, while the IS-5 is clearly inferior to the IS-3. Of the reward tanks, it's only the 907 that gives a controversial result.

Still no Chieftain/T95 expected values, I cri ;_;

Looks like the Patton KR took a hit as well.

Did the IS-4 get touched?

39 minutes ago, RichardNixon said:

Yes, the primary point of expected values methods is to adjust for population skill. The WN8 method is half-arsed, but the interval method is pretty solid. There are weaknesses related to crew skills, but that makes little difference at tier 10.

Other tanks with strong player bases don't benefit in the interval results. The M60 comes out >150 dpg below the M48, and the T95E6 even lower. VK72 is well below the E-100, while the IS-5 is clearly inferior to the IS-3. Of the reward tanks, it's only the 907 that gives a controversial result.

the 7201 is, in damage expected, slightly above the E100 on Wotlabs at least. 1972>1931. the others, sure.

I still dunno about the 907 though. I respect your statistics but I don't feel like it deserves the expected increase because IMO its not noticeably better than the 140. 

Very weird that the 72.01 has higher damage expected values, most other sources put it well below the E-100. Did something go wrong with the expected values for it? I cant think of a legitimate reason why the 7201 would be higher.

2 minutes ago, Assassin7 said:

the 7201 is, in damage expected, slightly above the E100 on Wotlabs at least. 1972>1931. the others, sure.

That's the WN8 method, and it gets all those tanks the wrong way around, mostly due to recency bias. Interval method is WN9.

The 907's advantage (if any) is down to survivability, but the detailed API stats are incapable of measuring it properly. Here's a hint from raw average survival rates though:

dmg_dealt dmg_taken survival
Object 907 2447.9 1663.6 0.374
Object 140 2014.9 1652.2 0.281
M60 2342.4 1687.4 0.349
M48A1 1983.9 1732.9 0.285

6 hours ago, breeeze said:

0RNOgQM.png

+73:serb: I dare anyone to beat that

Source for finding the difference?  That seems like a website's output... or spreadsheet. Either way, I'd love to see my changes comparitively...

Through digging I found I jumped from 1933 to 2062 overalls... 129 points, yeow.

That's the WN8 method, and it gets all those tanks the wrong way around, mostly due to recency bias. Interval method is WN9.

D'oh! That makes more sense.

Holy shit, just realized my overall jumped 46 points

Anyone know some of the tanks that had their expected damage reduced? I already checked my tanks with super-uni stats and nothing has changed noticeably, so I have no idea where to look.

2 hours ago, Errants said:

Source for finding the difference?  That seems like a website's output... or spreadsheet. Either way, I'd love to see my changes comparitively...

Through digging I found I jumped from 1933 to 2062 overalls... 129 points, yeow.

where can I find this specific chart type? no luck on efficiency website 

Went down few points with last update, went up some 15 with this and no clue about how recent changed, since its shit atm I don't bother that much about it. But now im deep purple overall by first non-WG metric and still feel pretty blue-ish tbh.

1 hour ago, Vindi said:

where can I find this specific chart type? no luck on efficiency website 

Id like to know too

9 hours ago, Orrie said:

There are in total at least 44k Obj 907 in use on EU, RU and NA, which is pretty much the same amount as Obj 430 and more than AMX 30 B.
The amount is high enough for it to get dedicated values imo.

Of course you could get the ID's of those owners and calculate the WN8 of them and compare them to 44k random Obj 140 owners or the Obj 430 owners, but I don't think the average WN8 wont be that much different.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/12497046/wot/clan/fame/fame-wn8-spreadshit.html

12 guys from FAME would like a word with you :^)

Fuck you artapidar :doge:

2-3 updates like this and our clickers will be legit purple. 

1 hour ago, Errants said:

Glorious link and program, but EU only, in so far as I can tell...  Patiently awaiting when he's got NA support.

Makes a change something working on EU and not NA. I'm always sad that the damage whores site only shows NA players.

On a positive (negative?), I am now 1 WN8 away from being XVM target numero uno by being dark purple overall. Yay (I think) me!

23 hours ago, TheMarine0341 said:

You know nothing, John Snow

23 hours ago, RunninKurt said:

Is in-game XVM already reflecting these changes?

I have hit blue, finally. RIP Arty focus. :feelsbad:

Lmfao! You guys just made my morning.

Arty and blue stats - the focus has only just begun. Saddness, frustration, anger... so many more emotions will intensify. Movie Qoute: "At last you know what it means to hate..."

1 hour ago, HighProbability said:

Lmfao! You guys just made my morning.

Arty and blue stats - the focus has only just begun. Saddness, frustration, anger... so many more emotions will intensify. Movie Qoute: "At last you know what it means to hate..."

Im just waiting for WN9, I'll be 395+ (or about 2650 WN8 equivilent) overall

1 hour ago, TheMarine0341 said:

Im just waiting for WN9, I'll be 395+ (or about 2650 WN8 equivilent) overall

Ooh, is there a site for that too? All the numbers!