Covalent

Another T8 French Premium

72 posts in this topic

If anyone ever played the Type 61 with the small gun (4 second reload with 240 alpha, OP as fuck with goldspam actually) it's exactly how you play this.

Peek for your shots very rapidly, use that still decent reload to trade 2 shells for 1 if you absolutely have to, also allows you to trade 2 for 0 if enemy shot someone else etc.. 

Gun handling should allow you to hit most of your shots and with a high standard pen for a tier 8 you should also be able to pen most of them. 

I'm actually considering this, it'll be the first prem I buy in a very long time (got the M46 KR gifted) and it'll be a 50 100 but with better soft stats. That reload might actually help you in the end... anyone that played the 50 100 knows how fucking horrible it is if 2 of your shots in the clip don't go where they should've because gun handling didn't allow them to. 

1 hour ago, Necrophore said:

I'd just as soon see them remove the Lorraine it from the tree and bring it back as a premium rather than just duplicating the 50/100. (The Lorraine started out as a tier 8 way back when.)

And was HT project IRL too.

This seems less geared towards YOLO CLIP UNLOAD LOLOLOL vs the AMX 50 100 and more geared towards using gun depression and good aim time to slap out 600-900 damage and then retreating.

For that matter the only real way the AMX 50 100 seems better is when you're just rushing someone and unloading as much as you can as fast as you can. This thing honestly seems like it might end up being better, depending on if and how map meta changes with sandbox changes.

Seems fine to me. At first I thought it was terrible, but -10 gun dep with good gun handling on an autoloader should allow it to be a much better generalist than the 50 100. The lack of quick burst combined being gigantic and badly armored is going to be a real killer, though - one of those "wait and see" tanks. Considering that the 50 100 itself is quite bad, this thing has a lot of weight to pull to make it good.

3 minutes ago, FavreFan4ever said:

Sooo we can get a crapton of French premium heavies but no 2nd French heavy line? Ugh.

Define crapton...? I only recall this, the 49 (which is still not finalized) and the FCM.

Unless it gets murdered, I can see myself liking this, unlike the 50-100.  This Somua SM, while fat, can manage being fat because the gun handles a lot better, you have gun depression, and you have some armor.  All of that is worth the crappy intra-drum reload in my opinion, because now you're not struggling against your own tank more than the enemies.

17 hours ago, no_name_cro said:

TBH I think they are putting way too many premiums in game, these have potential to be in tech tree... WG please.

And this here is why people are saying new prem tanks aren't exciting anymore.  We're seeing more of them than we're seeing normal tanks it seems.

5 hours ago, Rexxie said:

Considering that the 50 100 itself is quite bad, this thing has a lot of weight to pull to make it good.

How so Rex?

47 minutes ago, TheMostComfortableTanker said:

And this here is why people are saying new prem tanks aren't exciting anymore.  We're seeing more of them than we're seeing normal tanks it seems.

I think their logic of no full branch - no tanks logic is stupid. So many tanks could've been added into tech trees without it.

6 hours ago, Rexxie said:

Considering that the 50 100 itself is quite bad, this thing has a lot of weight to pull to make it good.

:kjugh:

To me it's probably the best T8. To each his own I guess but... 

:damn:

1 hour ago, Sapros said:

:kjugh:

To me it's probably the best T8. To each his own I guess but... 

:damn:

well as for tonight please play with me I only get prokhorovka / malinovka / etc when 3 shells goes 4m away from 6 shots - i can't sinpe with this, gun handling is pure crap

Well, it I think reload between shells is good. This thing won't be able to jump you and just clip you but it's still gonna be trouble if he tracks you on open or something stupid like that. Compared to TVP or T57 who can just go yolo you, dump a clip into you and you're fucked for rest of the game.

9 hours ago, Tupinambis said:

This seems less geared towards YOLO CLIP UNLOAD LOLOLOL vs the AMX 50 100 and more geared towards using gun depression and good aim time to slap out 600-900 damage and then retreating.

For that matter the only real way the AMX 50 100 seems better is when you're just rushing someone and unloading as much as you can as fast as you can. This thing honestly seems like it might end up being better, depending on if and how map meta changes with sandbox changes.

Would be alright if it didn't have that gigantic 43sec clip reload. 

11 hours ago, neokai said:

Define crapton...? I only recall this, the 49 (which is still not finalized) and the FCM.

I guess three French premium tier 8 heavy tanks is a bit much considering there is only one heavy line. I wish WG would finish the 2nd line before adding two more French premiums.

I'd hate to lose the 2nd line because too many viable candidates for that line were turned into prems.

4 hours ago, FavreFan4ever said:

I'd hate to lose the 2nd line because too many viable candidates for that line were turned into prems.

Somua likely wouldnt have been at 2nd line, anyway, considering 2nd line is especially about non-autoloaders.. I can see what WG is doing: AMX M4 49 is crew trainer for 2nd line, Somua SM for current one. Bear on mind that FCM will be removed from premium shop very likely, and seem like they have already replacement for remaining pref mm tanks (IS-6 -> Kirovets 1, SuperP -> T-25 Pilot 1, FCM 50T -> Somua and M4 49. Lower tier prems with pref mm will probably just get removed from prem shop without replacements like TOG II).

Technically its still possible to make two more French HT lines. One isnt full branch, but instead starts from AMX M4. Basically current french heavies without oscillating turrets (and no autolaoders) but thicker frontal armor. Much thicker. And then its possible to make super heavy line from tier 4 to maybe even tier 10, if WG uses same trick as they did with Jap heavies (split same tank into two tanks; for example, Type 4/5 were literally same tank expect type 5 had lowered engine deck). My guess atm is though that WG is either bringing super HTs only up to tier 7 and they will continue to M4 194X line, and there is optional research path from AMX M4. I just wish that they bring full super HT line and then minibranch from AMX M4. 

19 minutes ago, leggasiini said:

SuperP -> T-25 Pilot 1

I insinuated that on the NA forums and The_Chieftain piped in implying against that idea

So some other US medium will be dug up it seems >_>

While it might be good for better playerss i see it getting buffed soon after implementation as a soft autoloader with bad interdrum = death for bad players so overal wr might be rather low

4 hours ago, hazzgar said:

While it might be good for better playerss i see it getting buffed soon after implementation as a soft autoloader with bad interdrum = death for bad players so overal wr might be rather low

Depends really. With a 4sec-intra reload you are looking at a tank with medium tank rof rather than a true autoloader. So think of each pair of shots (8sec) to be your standard "clip" and you should be fine.

7 hours ago, neokai said:

Depends really. With a 4sec-intra reload you are looking at a tank with medium tank rof rather than a true autoloader. So think of each pair of shots (8sec) to be your standard "clip" and you should be fine.

You missed the point. We may be thinking that 2 shots is your "real" clip but have in mind that a ton of tomatoes MUST empty their whole clip. You can't yolo and destroy one tank to then die in this. Which will mean idiots will perform worse in this.

On 6/22/2016 at 9:44 PM, Kolni said:

If anyone ever played the Type 61 with the small gun (4 second reload with 240 alpha, OP as fuck with goldspam actually) it's exactly how you play this.

Peek for your shots very rapidly, use that still decent reload to trade 2 shells for 1 if you absolutely have to, also allows you to trade 2 for 0 if enemy shot someone else etc.. 

Gun handling should allow you to hit most of your shots and with a high standard pen for a tier 8 you should also be able to pen most of them. 

I'm actually considering this, it'll be the first prem I buy in a very long time (got the M46 KR gifted) and it'll be a 50 100 but with better soft stats. That reload might actually help you in the end... anyone that played the 50 100 knows how fucking horrible it is if 2 of your shots in the clip don't go where they should've because gun handling didn't allow them to. 

Yes except the Type 61 is not completely exposed for over 40 seconds. 

If it has a like a 20 second drum reload you might have a point, but it doesn't, it has none of the benefits of an autoloader (fast burst) whilst still having the drawbacks, long reload.

5 minutes ago, Yurra said:

Speaking of 2nd French heavy line: https://thearmoredpatrol.com/2016/06/24/supertest-amx-65t/

Somehow I thought Sweden would come sooner

Well we knew Sweden was the next tree in line unless they wanted to spoonfeed the Polish "tree" made entirely out of low tier premium tanks, but French heavies were also on the table for this year

4 hours ago, tajj7 said:

Yes except the Type 61 is not completely exposed for over 40 seconds. 

If it has a like a 20 second drum reload you might have a point, but it doesn't, it has none of the benefits of an autoloader (fast burst) whilst still having the drawbacks, long reload.

Ever heard of redlining like a fgt? :serb: 

As far as wasting tanks on premiums go, this one is no harm, no foul. It and the AMX M4 1949 apparenty aren't stopping the 2nd French heavy line from coming out.

Im guessing: 

9.15.1 - random crap and HD models (soon, in few weeks)

9.16 - balance 2.0, or parts from it (august/september)

9.17 - 2nd HT line (october/november)

9.18 - swedes (around christmas/new year)

If Chinese TDs are actually legit then it might be also something for near/semi-near future. Seems like after Balance 2.0 they will start to spam new tank lines just like in 2012 - 2013. 

Im hoping they bring tier 8 Jap HT prem...even if it is coming completely out of their arse.