Covalent

Another T8 French Premium

72 posts in this topic

On 6/24/2016 at 5:03 PM, hazzgar said:

You missed the point. We may be thinking that 2 shots is your "real" clip but have in mind that a ton of tomatoes MUST empty their whole clip. You can't yolo and destroy one tank to then die in this. Which will mean idiots will perform worse in this.

 

Honestly, I don't really care about the tomatoes. If anything tomatoes would make this tank a statpad dream.

That being said I agree that the full clip reload is a bit excessive, something like 35 to 37sec would be my ideal in-between point between the long french reload and the short Cz-reload (on par with the american autoloaders iirc).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, neokai said:

Honestly, I don't really care about the tomatoes. If anything tomatoes would make this tank a statpad dream.

That being said I agree that the full clip reload is a bit excessive, something like 35 to 37sec would be my ideal in-between point between the long french reload and the short Cz-reload (on par with the american autoloaders iirc).

You missed my point in my first post ffs. You should care about tomatoes because it's thanks to them not being able to handle the long intraclip this tank will probably get buffed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, hazzgar said:

You missed my point in my first post ffs. You should care about tomatoes because it's thanks to them not being able to handle the long intraclip this tank will probably get buffed. 

Which makes a potentially decent tank even better...? I wish the same care was given to Super Sherman. And yes I'm missing the point - thought we were discussing the relative merits/demerits of the tank as is with average to good players on it. Getting a buff will just make this tank better..?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, neokai said:

Which makes a potentially decent tank even better...? I wish the same care was given to Super Sherman. And yes I'm missing the point - thought we were discussing the relative merits/demerits of the tank as is with average to good players on it. Getting a buff will just make this tank better..?

This is one of the merits. A decent tank that will get even better because of pubs. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Remember when this was supposed to be a tech tree tank?

110gioh.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, hall0 said:

Bringing this old thread back to life. It seems like WG is giving out this Somua SM on the russian server to some players, maybe CC, I don't know. 

It comes with a special feature. Camo 2.0 :kappa:

 

Another video with it in the enemy team

What?

Some funky server lag or something? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, hall0 said:

Don't know. Maybe he is using this region changer mod so he can use one client for EU and RU server. And the EU client doesnt have the Somua SM in the files.

 

You'd think something would show up though, nothing is even on the mini-map, plus the game is telling him it's SM both in the team list and damage log. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, no idea what exactly happend. But I do know WG RU is selling it for ~ 45$ right now. 

https://worldoftanks.ru/ru/news/special-offers/somua-sm/

Characteristics 
Hitpoints - 1450;
Top speed - 37/20 km/h;
Turret armor - 120/60/60;
Turret traverse - 26 deg/s;
Signal range - 750m;
View range - 370m;
Hull armor - 140/90/70;
Weight - 60t;
Engine power - 700 hp;
Power-to-weight - 12,5 hp/t;
Hull traverse - 32 deg/s;

Armament -
Damage per shot - 300/300/400;
Penetration - 232/263/50;
Accuracy - 0.4;
Aim time - 2,4s;
Shells in clip - 5;
Intraclip reload / drum reload time - 2,25s/37s;
Gun elevation- -10/+15

https://www.tracks-up.com/home/commanderswhat-is-the-peculiarity-of-the-french-strings-drummers-the-ability-to-inflict-a-huge-amount-of-damage-in-a-short-time-and-at-the-same-time-cardboard-armor-and-how-about-combining-the-advantages-of-the-drum-with-the-booking-safer-now-it

And since a German CC already released a video, we can probably expect it on EU server soon as well. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What is with WG and their hate of accuracy? They really want all of us to fight at 50m. FFS. Even my t62a misses a ton of fully aimed shots so gg. Still it looks like a good tank. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Armor looks semi reliable against T6 and 7. So basically never.

 

12.50hp/t with no armor ?? 

 

It does have one thing. It get 1 more seconde of reload for 1 extra sh'll compare to lorr40t which with better intraclip sounds pretty dank.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, DHP said:

Armor looks semi reliable against T6 and 7. So basically never.

 

12.50hp/t with no armor ?? 

 

It does have one thing. It get 1 more seconde of reload for 1 extra sh'll compare to lorr40t which with better intraclip sounds pretty dank.

0.14 turret traverse though .... ugh. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/20/2018 at 9:18 AM, hall0 said:

Turret traverse - 26 deg/s;

Weight - 60t;
Engine power - 700 hp;
Power-to-weight - 12,5 hp/t;
Hull traverse - 32 deg/s;

Armament -
Damage per shot - 300/300/400;
Penetration - 232/263/50;
Accuracy - 0.4;
Aim time - 2,4s;
Shells in clip - 5;
Intraclip reload / drum reload time - 2,25s/37s;
Gun elevation- -10/+15

Armor looks vaguely usable, wow!

But that turret traverse slower than hull burns my eyes.

And the EPIC MATH FAIL OF 700/60 = 12.5 WHAT THE HELL

Gun looks usable except for elevation, but then again FRENCH...

Good luck to those that play this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Armour looks only useful against tier 6/7s and troll bounces, once people realise it's a 50b and that most guns will pen the turret the armour value will diminish a lot.

Only looks valuable if you want to trade mobility for a faster clip and one extra shell, otherwise the Lorraine looks more useful overall. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, tajj7 said:

Armour looks only useful against tier 6/7s and troll bounces, once people realise it's a 50b and that most guns will pen the turret the armour value will diminish a lot.

Only looks valuable if you want to trade mobility for a faster clip and one extra shell, otherwise the Lorraine looks more useful overall. 

It will be better for worse players though only if because it will be more survivable and that yolo will mean more dmg one

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.