HeartMiner

HeartMiner's Artillery Q&A

65 posts in this topic

Could not find advice for SPGs in purple center? Ask me ANYTHING you want about artillery and artillery only. 

Achievements:

First NA server GC 3rd mark

Highest DPG obj261 NA

All tier10 arty 3rd marked

tumblr_oah6zvQsZD1vqakdxo1_500.png

tumblr_oah6ywR1cL1vqakdxo1_400.png

(I am done playing arty forever after the GC grind. I am only tutoring.

Once upon a time there was a general avoidance thread, which also happened to hold imgur links to all my three marks.

I think i lost 50 points from that thread.

Heart dog :yuefei: big jj

Edited by jackquerudo

11 minutes ago, jackquerudo said:

Heart dog :yuefei: big jj

i was expecting this 

I'm conflicted

I want to kill it with fire

but marks thou :rabble:

You are a brave, brave man sir, but those triple MoE marks doe... :wow:

Anyway, serious question tiem: With your experience in arty, especially top tier ones, and WG trying to do something about arty in the sandbox, what do you personally think is the best way to rebalance them?

By rebalance I mean less of a RNG shitfest and less cancerous to gameplay.

26 minutes ago, jackquerudo said:
7 minutes ago, FreddBoy said:

You are a brave, brave man sir, but those triple MoE marks doe... :wow:

Anyway, serious question tiem: With your experience in arty, especially top tier ones, and WG trying to do something about arty in the sandbox, what do you personally think is the best way to rebalance them?

By rebalance I mean less of a RNG shitfest and less cancerous to gameplay.

SB server does a good job offering a different role to arty, even tho it is pretty much a useless role in pub and even more so in clan war. 

Bigger splash and reduced damage makes it quite less RNG dependent and so much less "cancerous".

I would like WG to rebalance arty as it is in SB server, since everyone is crying for skycancer and I want WG to save the goddamn game (since total war arena has not come out yet). 

Personally I think both the current arty and the SB server arty are fine. But for the good of WG I would like it rebalanced. 

Is your purpose to farm negs on wotlabs?

1 hour ago, HeartMiner said:

All tier10 arty 3rd marked

nXPruDN.gif

unfortunately OP, you probably won't get much respect here.

as to your question, what positions do you use on Pilsen?  I can never seem to find somewhere that I can get shots

22 minutes ago, Strigonx said:

Is your purpose to farm negs on wotlabs?

no. I'm here to answer questions.:)

4 minutes ago, Tedster59 said:

unfortunately OP, you probably won't get much respect here.

as to your question, what positions do you use on Pilsen?  I can never seem to find somewhere that I can get shots

slow arty stay line 3 and rest consider 0. use arty view mod for a few games to find out where you can get shots. usually you get yoloed by LTs in this map so you wanna stay safe, which is why I prefer staying on line3. set up your arty on line 3 before 20sec so you get one guaranteed early shot on enemies down this line from 30-50sec, then do whatever you need to survive LTs from the field... if field is guaranteed safe, get to line 0 and nuke the meds in their face, then go to E0 to rain down on enemy heavies at E2.

also I use wotlabs map stats to rig city maps like kharkov and pilsen out of my games so I am not so worried about dropping marks in these maps...

@HeartMiner Would you consider loading AP for your first shot with a 203mm gun down Pilsen 3-line? :doge: I always do that whenever I click and I get a pen 70%+ of the time :doge: 

Just now, _Steve said:

@HeartMiner Would you consider loading AP for your first shot with a 203mm gun down Pilsen 3-line? :doge: I always do that whenever I click and I get a pen 70%+ of the time :doge: 

never ap for any gun

Favourite skycancer / least favourite skycancer?

Out of curiosity where do i get the other arty view and how do I install it, and when is a good time to use to and not to use it? Always been a fan of arty on my bad days just to relax and have some giggles. Also which arty line is the most "forgiving" (cancerious) cheers man! :happyfish:

12 minutes ago, Pyr0freak said:

Favourite skycancer / least favourite skycancer?

obj261 is best in every way / GC or bat58 are POS

3 minutes ago, minerguy1 said:

Out of curiosity where do i get the other arty view and how do I install it, and when is a good time to use to and not to use it? Always been a fan of arty on my bad days just to relax and have some giggles. Also which arty line is the most "forgiving" (cancerious) cheers man! :happyfish:

download website and direct link:

http://worldof-tanks.com/battle-assistant-best-modification/

http://worldof-tanks.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/Battle-Assistant.zip

download and copy script folder into red_mods' current patch folder. default button is middle mouse button or g.

use it all the time for stationary target if you can. 

GWE is probably the best for beginners. then the 261. if you are still at lower tiers, please ask specific lines. 

13 minutes ago, HeartMiner said:

download website and direct link:

http://worldof-tanks.com/battle-assistant-best-modification/

http://worldof-tanks.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/Battle-Assistant.zip

download and copy script folder into red_mods' current patch folder. default button is middle mouse button or g.

use it all the time for stationary target if you can. 

GWE is probably the best for beginners. then the 261. if you are still at lower tiers, please ask specific lines. 

Alright thanks man, guess I can do either the 261 or gw e-100 as im started in both lines. Thanks again :D

Do you XVM snipe by targeting better players? Arty focus is a big frustration point among blue/purple players.

1 minute ago, minerguy1 said:

Alright thanks man, guess I can do either the 261 or gw e-100 as im started in both lines. Thanks again :D

261 has the most miserable low tier grind, all POS except for 14-2.

GWE line are all decent. use 100% crew  and run food if you can.

as a matter of fact t92 has the best grind. all low tiers are above average except for m12.  

2 minutes ago, Trumpetah said:

Do you XVM snipe by targeting better players? Arty focus is a big frustration point among blue/purple players.

I have no xvm and I never do xvm snipe. I shoot at pretty much anything whenever I can. I do focus people at the advantageous position more, regardless of their xvm. usually it's the position that matters the most, not xvm. 

With that said, tho, I do remember every purple players in my mind, which is why I don't need xvm. And purple players are usually in the good positions. 

-369c954de1b74e72_zpsfn7ibtkj.gif HeartMiner -369c954de1b74e72_zpsfn7ibtkj.gif

Any advice on how to counterbattery?  I usually only attempt it on a few maps where arty positions are really predictable like Mines. 

7 minutes ago, lt_lolcat said:

Any advice on how to counterbattery?  I usually only attempt it on a few maps where arty positions are really predictable like Mines. 

I would advise you to never do cb. cb is a waste of time with little return on average. NA games are so fast paced that I feel like there is no time to do cb. time is just too precious. 

in today's game format arty does not contribute much to a victory, making it even less meaningful to do cb, plus any reasonably good artillery would dodge a counter shot immediately, which means you would not be countering the useful arty anyways. Trying to hit a spotted tank is so much easier, if it is damage that you want. 

I have no real advice to cb, since cb is a simple task that's been in the game since the beginning.

Thanks, yeah it's usually not worth the effort.  I only try to do it for personal missions.