Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TheChang

Where to put female crew members

Question

Starting off with some background info, I've acquired eight female crew members so far, and have used four to fill the Obj. 140, and four to fill the AMX 30 1er. I plan on doing all of the missions including arty to be able to get all of the female crew members possible. I don't want to waste the advantages of having female crew members, so I don't want to leave any tank with a mix of male and female crew members, so I've tried to plan out which tanks I want to put female crews in. Out of the twenty female crew members possible, I have 12 left to earn. I was initially planning on putting 4 in the TVP 50/51, 4 in the AMX 30B, and 4 in the STB-1. However, I already have some females ready to collect, but don't have the tanks researched to collect and train the females, to be able to progress on with the missions. On the TVP grind, I'm only at tier 6(almost 7), only at tier 4 for the STB-1, but I can almost research the AMX 30B. Although, I'm not sure I want to put a female crew in the AMX 30B, even though it's not a "bad" tank, it just seems that the Leopard 1 is better. My requirements for a tank to warrant putting a female crew in it is, it needs to have CW/SH use or good for pubs (if not both), and it's a tank that could use the free BiA and first perk/skill in order to get to four/five skills asap. (i.e. arty doesn't have many important perks/skills, so definitely doesn't need a female crew). I have the heavy and spg girls to collect still for the T28 HTC, and I can't do the heavy or SPG missions for the T55A until I collect them, so I kind of want to collect them sooner than later, which is my problem. To fix it, I started looking at tanks that I could consider putting female crews in that I can get sooner. I nearly have the T110E4 researched, and could begin putting a female crew in it (using five girls). I nearly have the Lor. 40 t researched, and by the time I research the B-C 25t, I should have the T110E4 crew filled, and could put three females in the B-C, leaving me with four potential crew members left for my TVP. I decided that although the STB-1 could certainly use the female crew, I won't need it as I can just put the crew I used grinding up the line in there, as I don't plan on keeping any of the tanks grinding up to it. I plan on keeping the crew used to grind to the TVP in the Skoda T50, and putting a female crew in the TVP. I can buy a T-62A, but if I do, will probably just move my T-54 crew into it instead of females, as I never play my T-54 anymore. I was initially planning on selling my T30 and putting that crew in the E4, but reading more on the T30 on these forums, I decided I might keep it. Basically, I want to know what you guys would suggest putting female crews in. If the T110E4 and AMX 30B are not worth putting a female crew in, I can wait until I get the TVP. I want to know from you guys if I should put females in the T110E4, B-C 25 t, and TVP to be able to continue the missions asap, or if I should wait to grind the TVP and put the last 8 females in other tanks, possibly tanks that you guys chose to put your female crews in as long as all eight of the females can find a slot somewhere. If any of this doesn't make sense, feel free to ask me to clarify. If I put this in the wrong place, I'm sorry, this is my first topic. :P

8 answers to this question

The best suggestion I can give you is to put your female crews in tanks from nations with a large selection of gud tanks, in order to make them meta proof. Germany would be a good nation to consider, but unfortunately many of their t10's have 5 or 6 crew members. The US and Ruskie lines also have many good tanks, since those make up the first three trees. 

As of now, you can re-purpose a crew member to almost anything from where they started, other than a cross nation transfer. That free SiS perk is an amazing trait, and one I wouldn't want to see gone to waste just because the meta changed. 

The remainder of your selection process will be down to personal taste. The T110E4 is not a tank I would personally pick, but it also has a crew configuration that is compatible with almost any other US tank which means you can easily change your mind. 

Why do you insist on putting female crew directly into Tier 10? If you don't have TVP (or any other tank you want to have female crew for) researched, put them in the tank from that line that you currently have (even if that's Tier 6 or 7) and go on grinding that line. Even if you don't spend gold, 10% primary skill loss on retraining is not that big of a deal - by the time you reach Tier 10, your girls will have at least one additional skill fully trained, probably more.

To add to what Jacg was saying, tanks which benefit from high-skill crews derive more advantage from ladykrewes than tanks which can make do with 2-3 skill crews. For example, you really only need a 2-3 skill crew to make an E5/E-100/IS-7 work: BiA/6th+repair/repair+whatever. Something like a Batchat, on the other hand, can make use BiA (or SiS)+ camo+ repair+ vision skills and/or gun handling skills.

Alright, thank you for your responses. I know that the E4 is not a tank that needs a girl crew, and is apparently not a tank that is regarded as a key/good tank such as an E5 or E-100 for clan wars and/or pubs. I could put a crew in the E4, but I think I'll just use the 100% crew from the T28 HTC (once I accept at least one female crew member for some tank, in order to get the HTC) to start a crew for the E4, and save the crew members for tanks that could use them more. (I tried to touch on what sr was saying a little when I said arty doesn't have many skills needed to be competent, I get the idea of making the most of the free skills/exp from the females a little.) Atm, I will continue to grind the TVP, and see how I feel about putting a female crew in it. I will also save the last 8 crew members for tanks that could use them more as I continue various tank grinds. isterija, I want to put the crew that I'm using to grind in the Tier 9 Skoda, as I think it is a tank worth keeping, then put the girls in the tier 10. Thanks again for everyone's input, you've potentially helped me from having wasted crews in the future. Just out of curiosity, may I ask what tanks all of you put your females in?

Mine are in the 215B, M48A1, T49, 13 90, and currently filling the Skoda T 50.

Clan Wars medium tanks benefit from girls more than heavies, tds, or clickers.

EU specific (may differ on NA servers)

Present meta CW tanks are Object 140, T62a and Bat chat at tier X.

At tier VIII good clans hardly use mediums but instead use T54 ltwt, and if locked WZ 132 in it's place.

So the 4 in the Object 140 stay.

The 4 on the 20 Ist AMX, swap to the Lorraine (use gold), grind them through the Lorraine and they should rack up nice exp getting to the Bat Chat, and then you have a high skill Bat Chat crew to use in CW. Because only 3 crew in Bat Chat it benefits from a high perk crew as you can get vision control skills, camo skills and gun handling skills as well which all help its role in CW.

The next 4 can either go to the T62A for when the 140 and Bat are locked, or to a tier VIII if you or your clan play much tier VIII. Bear in mind that you can purchase occassionally one or all of the "Berlin" quartet of tanks (Cromwell B, T34 Rudy, IS2, and ISU-122S) these come with a special male crew with a similar perk to girls (you could call the Berlin crews transvestites). I purchased a T34 Rudy and used the special crew in the T54 ltwt, for tier VIII CW. The crews make those tanks particularly cost effective (almost paytowin)

http://worldoftanks.com/en/news/pc-browser/31/berlin-quartet-16/

If you don't play much CW then put them where you like, but Russia has Object 140, T62A and Object 430 all very good tier X mediums.

Personally I can't see going through the effort of getting and training these crews for CW. Maybe for tournies, but not CW. It just isn't that crew dependent or rewarding enough to be worth it, not to mention 90%+ of your game time will be spent in pubs. Put your crews where you'll have fun!

Kitchen?

That aside I agree with sr260 mostly - these female crews are good for LTs or autoloaders (maybe not T-57).

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0