OnboardG1

0.5.9 Changes (Public Test)

46 posts in this topic

http://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/public-test/public-test-059/

Cliffnotes:

• New co-op mode (assault)
  • Divisional VOIP
  • Smokescreen borders incorporated into vanilla client
  • Smoke now obscures you if you're going <12.5kt but makes you visible if you're going faster. No more "puffing" in and out of cover.
  • Back to the beta state of free situational awareness for all
  • Changes to aircraft and torpedo visibility
  • Increased detailing (minor buffs) to USN BBs and Warspite armor model.
  • German BBs and Dunkereque added to client for testing (I guess Dunkie will be released with the hitlerboats).

• Smokescreen borders incorporated into vanilla client
  • Back to the beta state of free situational awareness for all

<3 these changes.

I was just about to post this, beat me by a minute

Anyways, yay German BBs coming soon!

I'm looking forward to the new coop mode although it won't be much fun with the XP and silver stay the same.

Looks like their going out of their way to eliminate modders lol

If they removed incoming fire alert I'd be even happier, but these are great.

I love playing a WG products where the devs not only listen but actually solve problems in less then 3 years.

looking forward too the new PvE mode

3 hours ago, How_Terrible said:

I love playing a WG products where the devs not only listen but actually solve problems in less then 3 years.

there are more mods in WoWs after not even a year then there ever will be in WoT

Looks like this game might be heading in the right direction, I'll probably reinstall it when French ships get released.

16 minutes ago, FavreFan4ever said:

Looks like this game might be heading in the right direction, I'll probably reinstall it when French ships get released.

You might be waiting a while then. So far the only French ship we know of for sure is Dunkerque. For all we know the first french line could be coming in the next 2 -3 patches or the next 15 - 20 patches.

6 hours ago, Crossfader said:

there are more mods in WoWs after not even a year then there ever will be in WoT

WoT has had thousands of mods over the years, so it must be quite a few :doge:

I tried to like WoWS a lot but the kind of play style you had to enforce to not become a scout - even in BBs - was too much.

9 hours ago, How_Terrible said:

You might be waiting a while then. So far the only French ship we know of for sure is Dunkerque. For all we know the first french line could be coming in the next 2 -3 patches or the next 15 - 20 patches.

hopefully it goes: German BB's, British cruisers, French something

3 hours ago, Zinn said:

WoT has had thousands of mods over the years, so it must be quite a few :doge:

i mean mods that the devs implemented into the game

The value of PVE mode is in the highest tiers in my experience.  You will find people in tier 8,9 and 10 ships that have botted their way up the tree, but have no skill or map knowledge what so ever.  They will bring in the appropriate mirror ship by the AI, plus 3-5 lower tier cruisers and DD's driven by the AI on your side as well.  The AI for the bots on your team is first gen, they will rush at the enemy 3rd gen AI, never attempting to angle properly or avoid torps.  They will die immediately, and within the first 3-4 minutes you will be down to 4 ships versus 7 ( not 8 v 8 ).

Your high tier "bot" humans will then mange to either hide base line CHAI sniper style - minus the skill, or YOLO and get focused down rapidly.  In the next two minutes, it becomes 2 v 6, normally unwinnable in PVP, but still winnable in PVE.  If you choose it, you can learn how to carry against unwinnable odds - sure it's unlikely in a real match, but it is good practice for the 2-3 % of games where your human team is JUST THAT BAD.  Learning to hide and cap, to set up the enemy for deadly broadsides while rapidly angling off to defend.  Figuring out how to isolate ships for better engagement results while staying alive, it's all possible and actually kind of fun. 

The AI is no contest versus an intelligent, strategic human opponent, but it's still capable of sharpening some of your survival skills, particularly at the highest tiers.  If you think about it, it's like an advanced Training Room, one where you have less control over the engagement but the same ability to control parts of the match.

If anything, PvE is good for not suffering with stock ships in PvP and I'm really liking what they're doing now. From the screens it looks like there are at least twice as much enemy ships as there are frendlies so it should be pretty challenging at least. If it turns out to be a success maybe they should consider increasing the XP and $$$ from the standard PVEs.

Smoke borders finally :sunbro:

What's the point of putting KM BBs in the public test if they won't let :fish: test them??

Still no unified gold..... (almost-3rd-world-country and have hoarded gold from tonks) :wut:

Still no armor viewer as well. Tho Warspite is fixed at last.

2 hours ago, Yurra said:

If anything, PvE is good for not suffering with stock ships in PvP and I'm really liking what they're doing now. From the screens it looks like there are at least twice as much enemy ships as there are frendlies so it should be pretty challenging at least. If it turns out to be a success maybe they should consider increasing the XP and $$$ from the standard PVEs.

What's the point of putting KM BBs in the public test if they won't let :fish: test them??

Still no unified gold..... (almost-3rd-world-country and have hoarded gold from tonks) :wut:

Well you know why KM ships are't playable don't you? Probably most of them are subpar ,pre T8. (Some of the WW 1 BB's might be nice if they had 1920's to 1930's upgrades, but they were scrapped)

Isn't the purpose of public test to, well, test stuff? If they give plebs the opportunity to test new boats they would have a substantially larger stats sample that could help in balancing, regardless of ships' performance.

4 hours ago, Yurra said:

2 hours ago, Jarkorsis said:

Well you know why KM ships are't playable don't you? Probably most of them are subpar ,pre T8. (Some of the WW 1 BB's might be nice if they had 1920's to 1930's upgrades, but they were scrapped)

48 minutes ago, Yurra said:

Isn't the purpose of public test to, well, test stuff? If they give plebs the opportunity to test new boats they would have a substantially larger stats sample that could help in balancing, regardless of ships' performance.

They are adding the German BB's for supertesters only because they feel that they need more data on them for balancing before they release them for regular public testing. Given that the WoWs developers have thus far managed to avoid releasing anything that is as badly balanced as some of the WoT vehicles have been on their intitial release (auto-loading tanks in general have all been unbalanced when released) I fully support their current cautious approach to initial vehicle balancing.

This team is much better at balancing initial releases. Even the mistakes they made (USSR DDs) was a 1 time thing.

Don't they always add ships for supertesters, then for the public. As in, the patch they are added for supertesters, the public will get them next patch.

5 hours ago, Yurra said:

There's probably not enough of a population that plays the test server to get good performance/balancing data on a new shipline from the PTS. For how trivial it is to get to high tiers, there are plenty of people on the PTS that YOLO or don't know what they are doing and would skew the results. Other videogames can get around this by having a large PTS population, dedicated E-sport level of players to test new patches, and testing over a much longer period of time than WoWS typically have. I think the supertester way of getting balancing data through live server would give you much more reliable data than letting everyone test it on the PTS. 

i think the real problem with the WG test servers is everyone jumps to the top tiers and just screws around there instead of actually testing things.

They would probably be better off expanding the number of super testers across all the server clusters so they could get more/better stats for the new ships.

5 minutes ago, Jarkorsis said:

They would probably be better off expanding the number of super testers across all the server clusters so they could get more/better stats for the new ships.

They just recently did this on the NA server, I can't speak for the others.  In my brief experience, the SuperTester program is providing some pretty good feedback on the ships, and it's a lot more extensive watching 24 Scharnhorsts duke it out on the PTR because Joe Everybody wants to Try It Before You Buy It.  There's a wide skill spectrum among STs, so don't fear that the results are skewed up or down by skill level.

12 hours ago, How_Terrible said:

thus far managed to avoid releasing anything that is as badly balanced as some of the WoT vehicles have been on their intitial release

imperator_nikolai_i.jpg

ZU9gWQ4j_400x400.png

i also love how the WoWs devs are going the complete opposite of the WoT devs and adding pref MM to normal tier ships.

• Tenryu/St. Louis/Bogatyr/Kolberg: battle levels changed from 3/4/5 to 3/4 (preferential MM)
  • Clemson/Isokaze/Izyaslav: battle levels changed from 4/5/6 to 4/5 (preferential MM)
  • Phoenix/Kuma/Karlsruhe/Svetlana: battle levels changed from 4/5/6 to 4/5 (preferential MM)
  • Ryujo/Independence: battle levels changed from 6/7/8 to 6/7 (preferential MM)
  • Hiryu/Ranger/Saipan: battle levels changed from 7/8/9 to 7/8 (preferential MM)
  • Lexington/Shokaku: battle levels changed from 8/9/10 to 8/9 (preferential MM)

5 minutes ago, Crossfader said:

imperator_nikolai_i.jpg

ZU9gWQ4j_400x400.png

i also love how the WoWs devs are going the complete opposite of the WoT devs and adding pref MM to normal tier ships.

• Tenryu/St. Louis/Bogatyr/Kolberg: battle levels changed from 3/4/5 to 3/4 (preferential MM)
  • Clemson/Isokaze/Izyaslav: battle levels changed from 4/5/6 to 4/5 (preferential MM)
  • Phoenix/Kuma/Karlsruhe/Svetlana: battle levels changed from 4/5/6 to 4/5 (preferential MM)
  • Ryujo/Independence: battle levels changed from 6/7/8 to 6/7 (preferential MM)
  • Hiryu/Ranger/Saipan: battle levels changed from 7/8/9 to 7/8 (preferential MM)
  • Lexington/Shokaku: battle levels changed from 8/9/10 to 8/9 (preferential MM)

I forgot about the Nikolai, and the Gremy, but even in the case of those two they are even all that OP. They just simply have slightly above average skill floors and really really really high skill ceilings.

You forgot that the tier 3 BB's also get pref MM. Also, when did the tier 4 cruisers and destroyers get pref-MMing?

3 hours ago, How_Terrible said:

I forgot about the Nikolai, and the Gremy.

You forgot that the tier 3 BB's also get pref MM. Also, when did the tier 4 cruisers and destroyers get pref-MMing?

i really want a Gremy, i got the stupid Sims instead...  well there are few normal tanks that have pref MM (tier 4 hvys) what i mean  is that they are adding them, instead of WoT retarted position of not doing that because it somehow breaks the MM

the pref MM should be in 0.5.9