OnboardG1

0.5.9 Changes (Public Test)

46 posts in this topic

Just now, Crossfader said:

i really want a Gremy, i got the stupid Sims instead...  well there are few normal tanks that have pref MM (tier 4 hvys) what i mean  is that they are adding them, instead of WoT retarted position of not doing that because it somehow breaks the MM

the pref MM should be in 0.5.9

I'm so glad that I bought the enough pre-order set of ships.

I guess 5.9 will give me a reason to buy the Clemson again. It will also make my phoenix the most broken thing possible. That ships is already great, and not seeing tier 6 cruisers will only make it better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would prefer the Nikolai got 4/5 mm instead of the current 4/5/6 mm it sees now.  Maybe it's just the time I choose to play it, but recently I have been the lone tier 4 BB in tier 6 matches every time.  I do well with the guns damage wise even in those matches, but it's hard to get into effective range without getting stuck in and focused down due to the slow speed.  As previously mentioned, the high skill players do so much damage and have such a curve breaking win rate in it, I doubt that will happen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, BiggieD61 said:

I would prefer the Nikolai got 4/5 mm instead of the current 4/5/6 mm it sees now.  Maybe it's just the time I choose to play it, but recently I have been the lone tier 4 BB in tier 6 matches every time.  I do well with the guns damage wise even in those matches, but it's hard to get into effective range without getting stuck in and focused down due to the slow speed.  As previously mentioned, the high skill players do so much damage and have such a curve breaking win rate in it, I doubt that will happen.

Yeah, the Nikolai just doesn't up tier very well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Giving pref MM to carriers is a horrible idea because it stops them being platooned with other ships of the same tier. You're going to see a lot of T7s divisioned up with T8 carriers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, OnboardG1 said:

Giving pref MM to carriers is a horrible idea because it stops them being platooned with other ships of the same tier. You're going to see a lot of T7s divisioned up with T8 carriers. 

Or it will just discourage people to divisioning with carriers at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On other news, I tried the assault/defend co-op mode last night on the PTR. It's definitely an improvement over the stale mirror co-op matches but the mode is still mind numbingly easy; at least in tier 4 bracket. 

In assault the team starts together and basically advance and knock down AI ships as they come, but there seems to be x2? more ships on the AI team. There's a cap in the middle that you can cap to help speed the win. Key here seems to be just to not yolo and aggro the entire enemy fleet at the same time and you'll win. 

Defense is more interesting in that the team starts at the center of the map. You get vague warning on where the AI is going to come and they typically come from two separate direction and you have to def 2 caps. 

Regardless, I think this will make my co-op stock ship grinds much more enjoyable. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sounds like the WOWS devs are taking more serious attention to Armored Warfare than the WOT devs are by at least trying to do something with co-op

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Psycodiver said:

Sounds like the WOWS devs are taking more serious attention to Armored Warfare than the WOT devs are by at least trying to do something with co-op

I think the WoT devs paid very close attention to the ruin that adding a ton of PVE content brought down on AW as a whole and wisely kept a lid on that can of worms. I'd be very disappointed to see the same happen here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, OnboardG1 said:

Giving pref MM to carriers is a horrible idea because it stops them being platooned with other ships of the same tier. You're going to see a lot of T7s divisioned up with T8 carriers. 

The tier 6 carriers have needed this for awhile.  AA power has constantly crept upwards, while plane health hasn't moved much and the tier 6 carriers still have their low hangar numbers.  There's currently no experience in the game that's as frustrating as being a tier 6 carrier in a tier 8 game.  I'm not sure that the tier 7 carriers need preferential MM, but I guess WG thinks that they do.

3 hours ago, Psycodiver said:

Sounds like the WOWS devs are taking more serious attention to Armored Warfare than the WOT devs are by at least trying to do something with co-op

I feel like the idea of expanding Co-Op playability is a terrible one, so I hope that they at least don't buff Co-Op rewards.  When a server only has 10k players online at prime time, further splitting them up into separate groups can only lead to MM problems that make the game worse.  I highly doubt they'd pull enough extra people into the game for Co-Op play to make it worth it.  I hope that the new game mode is just enough to satisfy the small minority of PVE die-hards that already play, and not something that is going to move more of the population away from PVP.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The rewards for various in game missions are spread across three groupings - Ranked Battles only, Ranked and Randoms only, and finally any battle including PVE.  Want a Kamikaze R or Mikasa - you need to play the first two choices.  Want to win some random flags or xp bonuses - choice 3 works for it.

The best rewards require you to play the non PVE parts of the game, and so it keeps the PVP server pop high enough to keep from going full AW desertion mode.  The cash, xp and free xp in PVE are severely reduced, so serious players may dabble in it for easing module grinds, but won't stay in it in order to keep advancing up a tech branch to the next ship.

Some of the people I have seen in PVE matches are either very elderly, very young or just really bad at the game.  It's better they have a separate place to feel challenged without quitting.  They will buy gold and Premium ships from time to time, helping keep the WoWs experience afloat with little negative foot print.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I understand, I'm just one of those players that likes variety, I find myself playing most games for about a year and a half at most before moving on if there isn't any variety. I sometimes go back for a short time but that's it, is why I don't play WOT anymore. I stayed with Battlestar Galactica Online the longest, but I was with a good fun clan that screwed around more than actually seriously playing the game. I have yet to find out game let alone clan like that. 

 

Tl;tr I would like to have some variety, it doesn't have to be daily or even weekly, but something happening enough to give me something to look forward to and give me a reason to grind

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Adjusted battle tiers:

  • All tier I-IV ships, as well as tier V CV’s now have +1 tier maximum matchmaking

 

imperator_nikolai_i.jpg

0Q6wAtu0.png

my body is ready

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Imperator Nikolai is now the KV-1 of WoWs, not the 122mm Derp version, bit the old 152mm death star of the earliest days.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Crossfader said:

Adjusted battle tiers:

  • All tier I-IV ships, as well as tier V CV’s now have +1 tier maximum matchmaking

 

imperator_nikolai_i.jpg

0Q6wAtu0.png

my body is ready

Mere clubbing is not enough, there needs to be  v7BcFBS.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/20/2016 at 2:25 PM, Mesrith said:

I feel like the idea of expanding Co-Op playability is a terrible one, so I hope that they at least don't buff Co-Op rewards.  When a server only has 10k players online at prime time, further splitting them up into separate groups can only lead to MM problems that make the game worse.  I highly doubt they'd pull enough extra people into the game for Co-Op play to make it worth it.  I hope that the new game mode is just enough to satisfy the small minority of PVE die-hards that already play, and not something that is going to move more of the population away from PVP.

I actually think it's a pretty good idea to throw a bone to the primarily Co-op players. I want to discourage people that doesn't want to be in competitive mode from joining competitive modes and ruining the experience for everyone else on their team. I mean I've seen plenty of times people in WoT that would just YOLO repeatedly so they can advance to the next tank without actually playing.

PVE players in this type of game is also a relatively untapped market. My wife, for example, never played WoT with me because she doesn't want to play PVP, but I've manage to get her to play WoWS simply because there is such a mode in WoWS. So contrary to what you predict, I would think introduction of PVE mode would actually result in a net increase server population, as small as it may be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think what happened in Armored Warefare is that PvP mode was mediocre at best. It was/is just missing something. (Maybe it just isn't WOT) PVE mode was at least fun from time to time.

As long as PvP and PvE mode are fun for the respective user communities, what is the problem? The larger the player base, the more money WG makes and the more resources they will be willing to allocate to expand the game. It is a win/win situation.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Additional things that occur to me: it's now really important to division up with a good carrier player for max carry at T8+ since 1 carrier per team guarantees a same-tier carrier match and a good CV player.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

AHA, more clubbing in Nikolai. Though I never had problems with NMs, I didn't like Fuso's, since I couldn't land 15k salvos of partial pens.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.