Okeano

Bat.-Chatillon 25 t Appreciation Thread

504 posts in this topic

2rcve9u.gif

This is my setup for it. It fits my playing style of vision control orientated combat. I have not found the lack of repair to be too big of a problem since Bat's track repair speed is very fast.

2hh154z.png

Below are some pointers I gave to rrw that I'll repost here as well.

• Don't be the one that enemy have attention on i.e. don't stay spotted for extended periods of time, always drop lights after engagement. You're #1 target on the field and you don't want to let them know where you're stuck at so they can rush you.
  • Always have an exit route before you start an engagement. You're a Bat, you get to pick the engagement 99% of the time.You should never drive into a situation, shoot your 5 shots, and say to yourself "shit, now what?". At the end of your 5th shot, shit around you should be dead or you're driving around a corner where they can't chase you.
  • Ideally you don't want to engage your own targets but ones that are looking away or distracted. I do make exceptions when it's key target.
  • At between 350 to 400 meters, you can spot your own target and usually not be spotted while shooting.
  • Stay on the move during reload, especially right after you get a kill, because people will see that you got a kill and try to get you during reload. Use reload time to scout.
  • Relocate as often as possible between clips if that flank doesn't have opportunities. From the view of the enemy, they should see you teleporting all over the map.
  • Your first shot of the clip should be aimed in from stealth - do not start the engagement when people see you and gun pointed at your direction, unless they're hurt tanks of very good players that you need to soak up a shot to take out of the game.
  • Try to track+damage with first shot (shoot front/rear sprockets).
  • Flank as much as possible. You can frontally engage lower tier after they fire, but it's best to flank 10s.
  • Vert stab, Vents, optics.
  • You can peek a boo with this tank (wait til they fire, poke out and unload 2-3 rounds), but it takes a while to master and is not recommended for beginners.
  • Your HP is the most valuable of the team, conserve them as much as possible. It's very tempting to take a hit from an 8 and clip him, and I do it often, but it really should be avoided. You're the most powerful tank at late game where tanks are thin and damaged.
  • Do NOT start a close quarter engagement with a full HP tier 9/10 medium if you have the choice.
  • Most importantly, scout like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otc3_hnSLsE

I guess I'll host Bat replays here instead of my replay thread. As mentioned, I'm very heavily camo and vision orientated when playing my Bat, and you'll see that from my replays. These are in chronological orders.

Murovanka - Going to write about this game in more detail later.

Steppes - Bad side for fighting the east flank, and our E-100s were idiots so yeah... couldn't do much to win.

Sand River - Was able to get some good angles for shots. I stayed at the reverse slope of the sand dune because it's a very hard spot to push on, while able to cover multiple flanks.

Ruinberg - A bit hard earned. Not really a carry but had to work to get the angles.

Komarin - Derp moment against the Foch 155, didn't really do much this game.

Tundra - Decently smooth game, was a bit hard to crack and I was a little indecisive at times. Was in control for the most part except when that IS-4 started pincering me.

3 games ran with sr and Aga

Redshire - Typical vision control, cross fire, easy win.

Pearl River - Not the best map for our setup, but luckly they didn't have all the tanks at the choke point so we broke through that and focused them down.

Airfield - Could have gone better I suppose. I shouldn't have ate that E3 shots on purpose, thought it would be an ok trade if I could finish him but I failed. It does show this type of snap shot peek that I tend to take at 13:45, where I use the rocking of my suspension to bring my gun barely beyond cover then back and timing my shot with it.

Fisherman's Bay - A VERY close game, came down to 2 vs 2, could have gone either way, especially when their Bat took the center hill at the end. Backs were sore after this game. Midway through the game where I was back to back on that rock against the 155, I tried to back away enough to get out of proxy spotting range then get out of there, because I know the 268 is watching. But I left a couple of seconds too soon and was still lit so I got hit hard. It wouldn't have been that close of a game other wise.

Serene Coast - Mostly spotting for arty, not much damage done myself.

Ruinberg - Their meds didn't even try west town, possibly discouraged by XVM? Pretty easy win if west is left open.

Komarin - Shit map is shit.

Sand River - They were pretty bad so wasn't too hard to rack up some damage. My platoon mate favored south, but I always believed that north is far more important and flexible.

Murovanka Encounter - We had vision control the entire game and sniped them at will. That A1 B1 spot is really broken and needs to be nerfed. I think a helpful thing to point out is the way I pulled my Bat out of the cover while I was there, reverse back out at the right slope so that I'm hull down. If you go to 3rd person and zoom out to swing the camera around, you can see how little of my tank is exposed to the direction I'm aiming at.

Ensk - Err not really sure what went wrong here. Too many tanks not doing much I guess. Our other Bat gets one shotted by FV183 even tho I spotted them switching east... -_-

Erlenberg - Thank god some action. Although it goes to show how shitty this map is, since the push force from both side died. They had overall more better players, but loss because they committed (and therefore loss) more tanks on their push. Didn't help that their best players were in E-100 for this map yet not holding down bridges. (Also lol @ our 47% Panther II saying MM picked the winner already, scrubs)

Serene Coast - Pretty good game. Everything moved slowly so I had a lot of time to clip out quite a few tanks.

Westfield - Many people are afraid to fight in the town with med against heavies. There are actually enough bushes through out the town that you can remain hidden at least until you fire. At good places with proper bush placement you can shoot a heavy ~100 meters away and remain hidden.

Karelia - Typical medium game play on Karelia.

Severogorsk - A couple of tight spots that I had to scramble to recover into my "safe zone" - where I'm not panicking and feel in control.

Himmelsdorf

Redshire - They were pretty TD heavy, so predictably on the hill. I wanted to clear out the 1 line first so I won't get shot on the side as I go light them. Couldn't get the T32 so said "fuck it" and went in anyways.

Abby - One of my least favor maps for Bat.

Murovanka Encounter - Rare Encounter mode game.

Himmelsdorf Encounter - aLarge2 and his damn Encounter mode.

Northwest - Taking the A2 B3 spot seems to be the key for this map to break the stalemate north.

Mountain Pass - Spotted them crossing and quite a few of them died or got really hurt at the start. The rest was pretty easy. Derped at the end on that JT.

Tundra - Their Bats early rush to the riverbed distracted big portion of our team so I had to try to get rid of them. I couldn't finish them from the hill so I left it trying to look for ways to get them. It didn't feel safe going into the riverbed so I didn't continue with that plan and won west flank instead.

Severogorsk - I kept their hill tanks lit so our arty can wear them down while my platoon works the other path with gun depression. Once most tanks on the hill died we pushed in and focus fired the T57. Once east side is won it gets easier, but wasn't a sure win yet.

Arctic Region - We have another ok Bat player on the team and enemy team only has one fast mover, their lone Bat. I avoid the stalemate around the north corner by pushing far up with the other Bat, killing their Bat on the way. I took a shot from Foch 155 on the way to the safety of their reverse hill, but it was well worth it - soon after, their tanks on the hill started vaporizing from snipers and arty. Rest was easy.

Erlenberg - Yeah... forgot to change out of CW loadout. Ironically WC was on this map. Made the dumb mistake of pushing up too far without being loaded at the end and so it came closer than it should have been.

Batch - The game where I had CW loadout sucked. HEAT couldn't aim for LFP for shit and couldn't pen UFP.

This shows that west flank of this map really isn't that important if you have control of the center hill. There's really no way for the enemy team to advance on you or your base unless they vastly out number you. After 1stTanks died trying to hold west, I made the decision of helping to crush the city flank, to free up our tanks. Towards the end of the game when tank count was close, I used the mobility of Bat to move to their back field. The AFK T30 at their base prevented me from doing a full flank, but I was still able to do some damage while playing with camo.

5379734d9c81a5089f010000.jpg

In this game my team leaves west right open... I'm not sure why my platoon mate derped into the 430, I think he had enough shots in his clip but bounced a lot.

5378e08a9c81a544ea010000.jpg

Ran out of shells for this game. Had I had 10 more shells, I would have camo snipped them and probably won.

5378e1659c81a54805010000.jpg

Red team was pretty dumb here.

537abc3d9c81a55d09010000.jpg

The Batchat really is a legendary death dealer by now. Not many tanks have been so deadly for so long in the game. It's easily one of my favorite tanks. Can't wait to get back to grinding it for fun when I'm done with a couple others.

The Batchat really is a legendary death dealer by now. Not many tanks have been so deadly for so long in the game. It's easily one of my favorite tanks. Can't wait to get back to grinding it for fun when I'm done with a couple others.

So it's worth the Lorraine grind? There's a light at the end of the tunnel?

So it's worth the Lorraine grind? There's a light at the end of the tunnel?

Best tank in the game

Hands down. 

No ifs and bats

So it's worth the Lorraine grind? There's a light at the end of the tunnel?

Actually it's still a medium at the end, but yes it's a wonderful tank.

That said, I free experienced past the Lorraine to get it.

My favourite tank and one I love to YOLO in.

Quite capable of carrying a game if played right and is probably the only tank that every other tank is scared of

My favorite tank right now in my garage, its loads of fun to play  :smallsmile:

The lorraine 40t can go die in a hole though.

My favorite tank right now in my garage, its loads of fun to play  :smallsmile:

The lorraine 40t can go die in a hole though.

bcuz u suk init

u ned lessins?

Im looking forward to the bat, 80k till the bat, got the credits and equipment waiting  :thumbup:

I find it to be a fun tank, but i still have not got it down.  I either over play it and get blasted after the first clip, or do good in it.  I enjoyed and did pretty good in the lorry.   

Free xp'd past the Lorraine. I heard enough horror stories about it and didn't have the silverz to pay for both the Lorraine and the Bat when unlocked. \

One of my very favorite tanks. With this mission going on for the free GLD, I've really focused on staying alive late in the game and with that, reacquainted myself with the power of the BatChat late in the game! Just last night, I got my 2nd Patrol Duty ever. 4200 dmg, and 3800 spotting dmg, and a GLD lol

Strangely enough, my first Patrol Duty was earned while in my Foch 155...

Lorraine pretty much stinks. It used to be a powerhouse at tier 8, but then they upgraded it to a 9, with the only rebalancing being a bit extra HP, it went downhill.

I strongly feel Batchat is the tank I can most often carry in. It's vision and area control early in game, coupled with the ability to be devastatingly deadly in the endgame make this tank the most fun and enjoyable to play.

It still suffered from major accuracy problems, but after 8.6 that is no longer a problem. Averaging 69% solo winrate in about 250 games since 8.6, 2.1 frags, 3.1k damage. This thing is a beast, and it saddens me to see all the retardos suiscout in it.

Lorraine pretty much stinks. It used to be a powerhouse at tier 8, but then they upgraded it to a 9, with the only rebalancing being a bit extra HP, it went downhill.

I strongly feel Batchat is the tank I can most often carry in. It's vision and area control early in game, coupled with the ability to be devastatingly deadly in the endgame make this tank the most fun and enjoyable to play.

It still suffered from major accuracy problems, but after 8.6 that is no longer a problem. Averaging 69% solo winrate in about 250 games since 8.6, 2.1 frags, 3.1k damage. This thing is a beast, and it saddens me to see all the retardos suiscout in it.

It helps keep the wr% down, which is good for good players in the batchat.

Also my stats in mine are saddening, 3k DPG, mainly losses.

sold mine to get the 50b, good decision at the time (I failed @batchat, see 40% WR).  bought it back and am doing much better.

Suffered through the Lorraine 40t grind because I'm a scrub. Also because I'm poor and a scrub.

Very relieved that the BatChat 25t is very well worth the grind as highly praised by many players.

I respect it and I fear it. But I suck it in.

In most pub matches I play with my BatChat 25t, I suffer the effect of what people call the "BatChat 25t syndrome" in which most enemy players will always focus down me in my BatChat 25t.

It's a very good tank and I love mine but I feel neglected because it's skill requirements are too damn high for me.

Scrub for life.

Suffered through the Lorraine 40t grind because I'm a scrub. Also because I'm poor and a scrub.

Very relieved that the BatChat 25t is very well worth the grind as highly praised by many players.

I respect it and I fear it. But I suck it in.

In most pub matches I play with my BatChat 25t, I suffer the effect of what people call the "BatChat 25t syndrome" in which most enemy players will always focus down me in my BatChat 25t.

It's a very good tank and I love mine but I feel neglected because it's skill requirements are too damn high for me.

Scrub for life.

Stay hidden.

Kinda want a bat,but I'm horrible in the 1390 and figured I probably wouldn't enjoy the Bat cat.

Also lorry in the way.

Effective Batchat play is, IMHO, all about effective vision control and area denial, and then knowing how/when to start finishing off enemies with one clip and going back to cover/invisibility.

Effective Batchat play is, IMHO, all about effective vision control and area denial, and then knowing how/when to start finishing off enemies with one clip and going back to cover/invisibility.

Agree. The striking of the Bat should be unexpected, deadly and from stealth. It's the ultimate ninja tank.

Agree. The striking of the Bat should be unexpected, deadly and from stealth. It's the ultimate ninja tank.

Yikes. True, I just lack a lot of ninja potential.

Hold on, gonna use my genjutsu. Now you can't see me.

Still on the stock gun, but I got the Mastery Badge surprisingly fast (Less then 15 games). Makes you wonder just how much most players suck considering its one of the most popular T10s...