SirKnumskull

Rheinmetall Skorpion G

412 posts in this topic

As you may have noticed there is a new premium tank coming, the tier 8 TD Rheinmetall Skorpion G. It has changed quite a bit since we saw it first a year ago, so I made a new thread.

You can see the detailed stats for yourself on tanks.gg: http://tanks.gg/wot/tank/skorpion-g

In short:

- mobility very similar to the 263

- slightly less DPM/RoF than Borsig/Ferdi/JP2

- more accurate and faster aimtime than any of them, but with bad bloom

- 6° depression to the front, 7° to the sides

- absolutely no armor whatsoever coupled with low HP (1150) and a fairly large chassis, but fairly slim turret

- retarded crew layout (Commander, Radio Operator, Driver, Gunner)

- ghetto viewrange (360m)

- the gold price datamined from the game files (10900 Gold) suggest a 40+ $/€ package

Here is a video from some russian youtuber that was uploaded today showing the Skorpion with its current stats:

To be honest this looks like a decent machine to me, kind of like a tier 8 version of the Grille 15. Too bad it will be shit for crew training since it lacks a loader and it will be expensive.

The Loader is the crew-member with the least useful skills overall, so it ain't that bad, I'd say.

Most german high tier TDs have two loaders, training a radio operator isn't exactly more helpful than a loader.

10 minutes ago, SirKnumskull said:

Most german high tier TDs have two loaders, training a radio operator isn't exactly more helpful than a loader.

True, can`t argue that.

Depends how skilled your crew is, if it's already 4 skills it's not really an issue because you only really need Safe stowage, BIA, repairs and camo for one loader and BIA,repairs, camo for the other.

Also both the Grille 15 and JpE100 have a radioman.

Bit like the IS3A, once loaders have 3 skills they don't really need training much more.

On current crew skills you only really need to train Commanders, Gunners and Drivers past 4 skills as they are the only ones with more useful skills aside BIA, Camo and repairs.

Will pick this up, looks like a Borsig/Charioteer cross over. 

Its insulting to the intellect how this and the KJP can be considered equal in WG's eyes.

This tank actually looks too good. Better than the Rhoomba in every relevant way, other than camo and actual size. Powercreep intensifies, the Lowe sheds a lonely tear in the deep corners of the garage.

54 minutes ago, Pyr0freak said:

This tank actually looks too good. Better than the Rhoomba in every relevant way, other than camo and actual size. Powercreep intensifies, the Lowe sheds a lonely tear in the deep corners of the garage.

To be honest I agree, Mutz and Ripper Patton are good examples of premiums, good competitive tanks about on par with their main tree counterparts, but this just seems a better Borsig aside the fact it can't mount a 15cm. 

Aside the paperness, it has no weakness, it's a better sniper than any of the other German tier 8 TDs, it's more mobile than them as well, with better aim time to off set the worse dispersion. 

Tier 8 Grille with full turret. 

WG's way of nerfing prems is removing them from the game.

So a nerf isnt likely imo. Esp when you'll have idiots who nuke the W/r to the ground like the Russians with the grille.

Foch's review with gameplay: 

Looks like it's gonna be a seriously annoying little bastard in the hands of competent players. 

Wait a minute. So WG wants my buy this tank so I can make dank credits in strongholds. 

Now I have 2 fastboi tier 8 tanks.

Black Doge + Skorpion = :PogChamp:

23 minutes ago, TheMarine0341 said:

If I were pouring my own $ into the game, Id probably pick this up. No, I would pick it up. That alpha on that platform? Yes please

....would it be a good contender for knocking down high DAMAGE for those pesky TD 15.x personal missions?

Seems that way.

And as far as I can tell it is better then both the Charioteer and the Roomba. I would gladly trade some camo for actual mobility and the ability to poke in the Borsigs case and better gunhandling and Alpha in the Charioteers case.

3 hours ago, Tupinambis said:

Its insulting to the intellect how this ANY TIER 8 and the KJP can be considered equal in WG's eyes.

FTFY

Just got mine from WGNA - I'm a bit wet looking at the stats. Tier 8 Grille 15...mmmmm

So basically a better charioteer, is that right? Or tier 8 Grille 15, whatever floats your boat.

Essentially a tier 8 hellcat, I guess. Minus bouncey mantlet.

Just watching the worlds best WoT player (QB ofc :doge: ) playing this thing, it is right between a Hellcat and a Grille 15. With premium income. Nice balance, WG! :serb:

I also checked QB just after reading this thing. Holy fuck that thing seems extremely broken. Imagine prenerf Hello Kitty with -8 depression and no mantle but T32's 105mm instead. JESUS CHRIST

3 hours ago, Trobs said:

But what does Rita think?

That "WG NA IS GOING ROGUE" :wao:

Wait.. No wrong subject.. 

1 hour ago, Trobs said:

Just got mine from WGNA - I'm a bit wet looking at the stats. Tier 8 Grille 15...mmmmm

Strim this shit ! 

Foch made a video about it : 3.1k over 10 games.. This thing is clearly too good to be true, we will start seing this tank in Sh soon i think.