SirKnumskull

Rheinmetall Skorpion G

443 posts in this topic

I suspect there are a couple things in play. First are the skorp's magnetic tracks which must be where i hit the things (because T49 precision aiming). The above is the oddity around HE which i suspect acts like this...

Non pen - apply HE based on their splash mechanic (ie reduced damage).

Pen to HP portion - do full HP damage.

Pen to non HP portion (eg gun/view ports) - do zero (you'll know about this if an arty has ever hit your borsig's gun for zero damage...).

20 minutes ago, MacusFlash said:

Show me your replay.

I doubt I still have it, I did a full reinstall a couple of days ago because of errors and I don't think i uploaded that game anywhere.

I stopped firing HE at this after brawling one from full HP and having done 0 damage by the time I died. I felt pretty stupid after that one. I think my shells were just being magnetized to his barrel, though.

HE in general lets me down constantly, and for many guns I feel like the damage increase is not worth the risk.

2 hours ago, Rexxie said:

I stopped firing HE at this after brawling one from full HP and having done 0 damage by the time I died. I felt pretty stupid after that one. I think my shells were just being magnetized to his barrel, though.

HE in general lets me down constantly, and for many guns I feel like the damage increase is not worth the risk.

After 50 battles in mine, I can honestly say its armour is a lie. I've been hit by tier 10 arty (gwe100 for 800 etc) T49s for 400 more times then i can count

So on how much money this tank makes, i'll compare it to the Type 59 and wz111 as i feel it would be best make the comparison to a low alpha tank and a high alpha tank.

All games are done with only AP shell with small repair/small med/Automatic fire extinguisher set up.

Skorpion:

0oj3NxQ.png

92907 revenue/game

19670 cost/game

73273 Profit/game

Type 59:

WY7r4MS.png

94346 revenue/game

13432 cost/game

80914 profit/game

Wz111

LdN9DOQ.png

86259 revenue/game

18747 cost/game

67512 profit/game

Despite having significantly higher dmg output than both 59 and 111, Skorpion does not seem to make as much revenue as either of them, suggesting Skorpion might indeed have a lower credit coefficient than other premium tanks.

Skorpion also have a very high cost of operation compared to type 59, nearly 20k/game due to largely expensive shells, but compares favorably towards 111, who also has expensive shells.

Profit wise 59 is still king, i guess the key is keeping the cost low, 59's cheap shells is what makes it possible, but while skorpion does not win the profit war, it is still insanely overpowered and is just generally fun to play compared to most tier 8 premiums.

3 hours ago, Rexxie said:

I saw gypsy firing HE on other Skorp doing only like 200hp, instead of always pen 490 :D people are greedy and this tank punishes that :kappa:

3 hours ago, Rexxie said:

HE is simply unreliable, as seen from Cent7/4202.

Even against weakly armored targets, it would be better to stick with APCR since the odds of HESH hitting track/gun/mantlet/skirt is just way too high.

Only HE that i really use often is the 85mm soviet HE due to its abnormally high HE damage for its caliber and the german 90mm HE since ru/4190 is really good at getting to someone's ass. 

39 minutes ago, CarbonWard said:

Skorpion also have a very high cost of operation compared to type 59, nearly 20k/game due to largely expensive shells, but compares favorably towards 111, who also has expensive shells.

Any thoughts on the hit rate differences? Purely range?

HE is just too hit and miss unless you are behind someone with RU/M41GF or something like that with absurd HE pen. Even 1v1 against another similiar tank you are better off with AP than HE, too many 100 damage shots against another one of those and enough lost 1v1s...

But I also have to agree that for whatever reason, with the 30mm of armor the Skorpion seems to be way resilient to HE. Do the tracks really cover that much of the side or what? I have had RUs and GFs shoot HE at me with very little success.

Just now, Ezz said:

Any thoughts on the hit rate differences? Purely range?

Yeah, lots of tier 10 games forced me to be pretty passive most of the times, plus speed on this thing afforded me a lot of freedom to run around and blind fire bushes.

Also i would bet you are more inclined to hit long range shots on the Sorp G from target you don't actually spot yourself wich means less xp/credit.

I received quite a lot LT yolo rush and focus fire compare to initial run, looks like this thing is gettting much more attention than the week before. My DPG is going down but still winning games, earning healthy credits even I'm not in premium time

I picked it up yesterday and played like 11games. It was late on EU server so i got only one tier 8 and one tier 9 battle, rest was tier 10.

Im sitting at 2k dpg atm and only 53% wr or sth like that. Hope it goes up today. My question is does the food make enough difference to take it or not?

Also are binos viable or am i better off with optics? I have 3 skill crew. Cammo, bia, ss+gunnery.

1 hour ago, Gr1nch_1 said:

I picked it up yesterday and played like 11games. It was late on EU server so i got only one tier 8 and one tier 9 battle, rest was tier 10.

Im sitting at 2k dpg atm and only 53% wr or sth like that. Hope it goes up today. My question is does the food make enough difference to take it or not?

Also are binos viable or am i better off with optics? I have 3 skill crew. Cammo, bia, ss+gunnery.

If earns credit (net) food is always good choice. 

fuck binos, its not a borsig

you want to use your mobility a lot => optics ftw

I run it with food, but I barely shoot any gold with it so it earns enough for me. Its more fun with food (better gun handling)

On 8/29/2016 at 1:32 PM, CarbonWard said:

Only HE that i really use often is the 85mm soviet HE due to its abnormally high HE damage for its caliber 

The Rudy/T-34-85 HE in SHs against all those lights is pretty funny, 300 damage every 5 seconds. 

What dpg are we looking at for 2nd and 3rd moe in 100 games? 

Probably 3K, i can't check vbaddict.

Say hi to DeLagano ;) 

3 minutes ago, BlackAdder said:

Probably 3K, i can't check vbaddict.

Say hi to DeLagano ;) 

Yeah its not working for me either... Doesnt show any new values on my accounts even tho i have at least 5 new tanks that are not there.

I will, later today ;)

Just bought one for myself as an early birthday present.  It's so badass that 4135 damage and 8 kills is only worth a 1st class.  :kjugh:

IMHO this thing is a fucking monster...its stupid good at tier 8. Getting a 2k+ dmg game is a breeze and since it does so much damage it basically prints credits. I have no complaints about it as of yet

I'm regretting the purchase a bit. Granted, I've "randomly" gotten possibly the best tier 8 teams I've ever seen (which is pretty amazing considering I've been playing since the game came out), which is harming the performance some. 

Also getting some of the most amazing "R"ng I've ever seen, including but not limited to bouncing off a Leopard PTA, missing 3 shots in a row from 50 meters, bouncing off the side of an M46 at maybe 30 meters, bouncing off the ass end of an IS-3 from point blank, etc. 

Fair and balanced they said..

:minglee:

8jWJhJd.jpg

E5FM9QE.jpg

0gsfpTw.jpg

Obj 140 yelled at me the whole game because he yoloed and nobody gave a damn about him..