SirKnumskull

Rheinmetall Skorpion G

443 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, hazzgar said:

1. Just use bushes properly.

2. Base acc is 0.3. There is no super duper hidden stat that makes the gun miss, you were just unlucky

3. Shell is slowish but it's not horrible. It's t8 not t10. 

You have mobility + Turret + Alpha + not shit pen. The gun isn't great but come on. Conway a trier higher has worse move and track traverse for less alpha and lower base acc. You just expect it to be a medium tank with 490 alpha. That would be broken. Hell the CDC has a gun that's not really much better for less alpha, pen and dpm.

Post few of your replays. I'm interested :) 

7 minutes ago, BlackAdder said:

Post few of your replays. I'm interested :) 

That would prove nothing given I'm way worse than you and I hover around 55% overall if I grind tanks and usually get above 60% only on select tanks (Skorp wasn't one, 57-58% was all I could pull over 150 games. Can't find it as the buyer changed the name).  You would only see it doesn't work but that's because of my skill beong lower than yours. Look for replays of other purples on Wotlabs. There should be a few. It worked for me around 6 months ago. That plus I sold my Skorp acc to stop playing this game. I still have one acc I grind for some dweeb but no Skorp here.

Dude, there's no "r" in "tier."  

And I don't know about hidden stats, I just know that way too many fully aimed shots on the Skorp miss. 

30 minutes ago, Griphos said:

Dude, there's no "r" in "tier."  

And I don't know about hidden stats, I just know that way too many fully aimed shots on the Skorp miss. 

Sorry I'm a retard.

As for the skorp. Because turret, track and movement bloom is rather big and the tank is fast. Use server reticle. There is no reason why WG would have a hidden sigma for one tank specially. Because that is what you both are basically suggesting. That the official stat pulled from the game is not true and given the final aiming circle is rather small the only thing that could force your shots missing is sigma. It's a conspiracy theory on level with saying "hakz". 

I'm just telling you what happens when I play it.  We've had this argument before.  You are arguing from memory, since you don't even have an account with a Skorp on it.  I'm arguing from current experience.  You put faith in numbers given to you by WG.  I am just saying what happens, and I'm not the only one saying it.  

But, you don't even like playing tanks, you just like arguing about them on the forum.  

Personally I have no problem hitting stuff like you would expect from that gun. Shell velocity is of course a bit bad, maybe that makes it look like inaccurate to you? APCR is a bit better, and to be honest I have been using that quite a lot :) It's not perfect, but for T8 TD, or even for T8 tank generally, it's pretty good I think. It does lose some carry-ability to T8 mediums or heavies in T8 match, but in my opinion makes it up for not being nearly as useless in T10 games as most T8 mediums for example are. I admit that it is a bit annoying that WG makes all the obvious stats look really good to sell it, and then balances it by things like shell velocity and camo values that most people don't consider when buying.

12 minutes ago, Griphos said:

I'm just telling you what happens when I play it.  We've had this argument before.  You are arguing from memory, since you don't even have an account with a Skorp on it.  I'm arguing from current experience.  You put faith in numbers given to you by WG.  I am just saying what happens, and I'm not the only one saying it.  

But, you don't even like playing tanks, you just like arguing about them on the forum.  

No. I am arguing from stats. Using current experience or memory leaves you susceptible to confirmation bias.

Can you please tell me which numbers in game are wrong for the Skorpion? Because I am really open to the idea of Skorpion not being super accurate but I need some decent reasoning here. Not it's inaccurate "because I say so and Magic". Personal experience is a deeply flawed form of argument. Using personal experience Jesus, Santa, Big Foot and the Loch Ness monster are all real and the earth is flat. Also the sun revolves around the Vatican so please don't use it in an intelligent discussion unless you are talking about opinions, not disputing facts.

PS. Trying to discredit my argument by saying I don't like to play tanks is a low blow ad personam try. It's not offensive but it shows you have no arguments. I have a love hate relationship with Wot but I still play it. So maybe instead of going after me we find why you keep missing in your Skorp?

PS2. HS5 has a good argument. Slow shell speed may be the issue here. That and maybe the shell arcs more than expected but if 900 kills you don't try the new German light. 

PS3. Plz get more than 33 games in the Skorp to form an opinion. The tank takes time to get used to. 

buying this tank worst decision ever

arty loves it

and the worst problem is how tall it is so everyone can shoot you above the gun when u cant even see them

really hate it thus far

i was told it's playstyle was similar to revalorise which i love,  but so far i struggle more than with any tank in my garage, my games are either 3-3.5k dmg or dead within 2 minutes

3 hours ago, HS5 said:

Personally I have no problem hitting stuff like you would expect from that gun. Shell velocity is of course a bit bad, maybe that makes it look like inaccurate to you? APCR is a bit better, and to be honest I have been using that quite a lot :) It's not perfect, but for T8 TD, or even for T8 tank generally, it's pretty good I think. It does lose some carry-ability to T8 mediums or heavies in T8 match, but in my opinion makes it up for not being nearly as useless in T10 games as most T8 mediums for example are. I admit that it is a bit annoying that WG makes all the obvious stats look really good to sell it, and then balances it by things like shell velocity and camo values that most people don't consider when buying.

Shell speed aside, problem of this tank is that stupid accuracy and no protection whatsoever (camo or armor), so you really need pick opponents when they are highly distracted. That only works if you have really good team or platoon. And arguably is best T8 medium, but T8 medium isn't something great to begin with. 

I could swear that this thing will hit less than M58 on 103. And i'll do some testing tomorrow in training room. 

So you really claim that there is some secret accuracy parameter in the game? Not saying that is impossible, but it is pretty big claim with no proof at all...

Interested to see your test results, please upload replay somewhere. And make sure that you test with equal crews, equipment and consumables. 

1 hour ago, HS5 said:

So you really claim that there is some secret accuracy parameter in the game? Not saying that is impossible, but it is pretty big claim with no proof at all...

Interested to see your test results, please upload replay somewhere. And make sure that you test with equal crews, equipment and consumables. 

I'm not saying there is some magic formula for Skorp, just sayin in 150 games this shit hits target less often than some "less" accurate guns. But maybe this is placebo. But lack of results indicate this... at least for me.

22 minutes ago, BlackAdder said:

I'm not saying there is some magic formula for Skorp, just sayin in 150 games this shit hits target less often than some "less" accurate guns. But maybe this is placebo. But lack of results indicate this... at least for me.

Reticle seems to be too large for a 0.3 accuracy gun. Does anyone compared the reticle of E50 or Swedish TDs?

1 hour ago, Manic_Wombat said:

Is it possible people are confusing the American scorpion with the German one?

Yeah I'm confusing 490 alpha german with wheelbarrow + gun.

1 hour ago, favorius said:

Reticle seems to be too large for a 0.3 accuracy gun. Does anyone compared the reticle of E50 or Swedish TDs?

0.27 to be exact with "upgrades" i'll look into. Nice notice.

2 hours ago, BlackAdder said:

It missess because of dispersion + speed but please post the experiment results. Use server recticle too. Also do you get good ping? I remember I moved a little fast "after" shooting on some tanks and IRL when I had a shit connection I moved "while" shooting. I get that the Skorp misses. I'm just trying to find a reasonable reason why. 

1 hour ago, HS5 said:

So...do we have test results yet? 

Played zero games since, I'm working on some new deal with big foreign company so I didn't have time. But i'll try today if i scrap some time. 

To be honest my experience is completely different. I get very consistent ok'ish damage, but rarely mega-games. I think it makes sense, because you can't push or play aggressive in the beginning so there should be not that many early death 0 damage games, but then because of no protection in camo, hp or armor, it's more difficult to to have really high damage games either. And even if you have no team and it's 3 minute loss, you should still get few shots of damage, and with that alpha it's not that bad. But I don't have that many random battles in it, about 40 I think.

4 hours ago, HS5 said:

To be honest my experience is completely different. I get very consistent ok'ish damage, but rarely mega-games. I think it makes sense, because you can't push or play aggressive in the beginning so there should be not that many early death 0 damage games, but then because of no protection in camo, hp or armor, it's more difficult to to have really high damage games either. And even if you have no team and it's 3 minute loss, you should still get few shots of damage, and with that alpha it's not that bad. But I don't have that many random battles in it, about 40 I think.

If you get a semi open map and the enemy tanks are heavies monster games are easily doable. Though I find it's easier to get a ton of late game kills vs dmg when you have retards in 1 shot meds rushing you. 

I thought I would love this thing, first game I just excitedly pressed battle and top tier in Ruinburg just blasted 2k damage. Forgot repair and med kit and became useless after I got hit by a HE 122mm shell. From then on I've absolutely struggled to play it, imo it's not a special tank. Only thing the Skorp G has going for it is that laser gun and half decent handling.

IMO it's a German TD that tries to be a Charioteer, but it's nowhere near as good. It may have better DPM and much better Gun Handling but the Charioteer has better Pen, Shell Velocity, Mobility, has armour that can't be overmatched by practically anything, camo rating that's leagues ahead, and most important of all, the Charioteer can hit 450m view range with optics and a good crew.

The Skorp G may have the Alpha and the .29 accuracy, but it lacks the platform that allows it to outplay opponents. Initially I thought the Skorp G was unbalanced, but after playing it, I realise how high the skill cap is.

7 hours ago, SpicyPotato said:

I thought I would love this thing, first game I just excitedly pressed battle and top tier in Ruinburg just blasted 2k damage. Forgot repair and med kit and became useless after I got hit by a HE 122mm shell. From then on I've absolutely struggled to play it, imo it's not a special tank. Only thing the Skorp G has going for it is that laser gun and half decent handling.

IMO it's a German TD that tries to be a Charioteer, but it's nowhere near as good. It may have better DPM and much better Gun Handling but the Charioteer has better Pen, Shell Velocity, Mobility, has armour that can't be overmatched by practically anything, camo rating that's leagues ahead, and most important of all, the Charioteer can hit 450m view range with optics and a good crew.

The Skorp G may have the Alpha and the .29 accuracy, but it lacks the platform that allows it to outplay opponents. Initially I thought the Skorp G was unbalanced, but after playing it, I realise how high the skill cap is.

Skorpion has the worst 0,29 accuracy I have ever seen :)

59 minutes ago, Vindi said:

this shit cant hit shit

:MingLee:

24 minutes ago, BlackAdder said:

No shit :doge:

Maybe you guys are shit. :PogChamp: