SirKnumskull

Rheinmetall Skorpion G

423 posts in this topic

27 minutes ago, TAdoo87 said:

Maybe you guys are shit. :PogChamp:

Redline is boring, especially when you are lit from triple bush instantly after every single fucking shot.

Tank is good for tier 8 sh and thats all.

52 minutes ago, TAdoo87 said:

Maybe you guys are shit. :PogChamp:

touche

@Vindi @BlackAdder I have to say in this meta, sometimes you can't do anything, and I am biased, because I like the tank. Simply because the gun just make shit happen. Also the camo is not a problem, because outside the spotting circle I have infinite camo. :serb: My opinion is mostly personal bias so it is not to be taken too seriously.

Just imagine if the view range meta will make a come back at some point.:MingLee:

28 minutes ago, TAdoo87 said:

Just imagine if the view range meta will make a come back at some point.:MingLee:

CAMO or not, a problem is this tank (too) often hits dirt instead of center mass, and being fuckin glass canon you end up lit as fuck. But you can always rely on SkorpG and drivers missing poke shots :D

I love it in the first place but with brawl meta, accuracy is less important because the bloom is like you driving arty again with a paper tank. 

Imo to play the skorp consistently you have to look closely at team lineups and where your team is going. Also right now I think the best equipment layout is optics, rammer and gun paying drive (instead of binocs). With the new scouts I find that I rarely spot things on my own and the gun laying drive is quite noticeable and occasionally gives you enough time to aim for a road wheel shot instead of center of mass.

On 7/1/2017 at 7:03 PM, furrystrawberry said:

Imo to play the skorp consistently you have to look closely at team lineups and where your team is going. Also right now I think the best equipment layout is optics, rammer and gun paying drive (instead of binocs). With the new scouts I find that I rarely spot things on my own and the gun laying drive is quite noticeable and occasionally gives you enough time to aim for a road wheel shot instead of center of mass.

Ditto on the GLD, although I am sticking with binos vs. optics for now.  Accuracy isn't so much an issue for me on this tank, it's shell velocity - at least it feels slow to me (I'll have to check this to see if I'm remotely correct).  Leading shots at distance seem to miss more often than not.  I will admit, though, for a gun with a listed accuracy of (IIRC) .30...it does seem derpy at times.

43 minutes ago, Tanager said:

Ditto on the GLD, although I am sticking with binos vs. optics for now.  Accuracy isn't so much an issue for me on this tank, it's shell velocity - at least it feels slow to me (I'll have to check this to see if I'm remotely correct).  Leading shots at distance seem to miss more often than not.  I will admit, though, for a gun with a listed accuracy of (IIRC) .30...it does seem derpy at times.

920 ap, 1150 apcr; significantly slower than the 1334 apcr on 215b/50b, or ~1500 ish apcr for the meds. Leading shots will feel difficult if you are used to the higher t10 shell velocity.

3 hours ago, Hally said:

920 ap, 1150 apcr; significantly slower than the 1334 apcr on 215b/50b, or ~1500 ish apcr for the meds. Leading shots will feel difficult if you are used to the higher t10 shell velocity.

is it just me or does apcr have a flatter shell trajectory? i feel its more accurate at long range because of that; AP goes all over the place long range if im leading a moving target

11 hours ago, furrystrawberry said:

is it just me or does apcr have a flatter shell trajectory? i feel its more accurate at long range because of that; AP goes all over the place long range if im leading a moving target

I don't think so, in fact both of shells for me are dipping down. Maybe is because of turret placement or placebo i don't know.

25 minutes ago, BlackAdder said:

I don't think so, in fact both of shells for me are dipping down. Maybe is because of turret placement or placebo i don't know.

I experience a similar thing as well. At vision snipe ranges I find it quite derpy at times (not bento box type 4/5 levels) but somewhat derpy. 

18 hours ago, furrystrawberry said:

I believe some website/app can display "gravity effect on shell" (not sure how to call it short :P) stat, not sure which one though. Maybe tank inspector? 

Perhaps you can check it there.

Edit: well, the stat is in tank inspector but it's the same for every tank (I didn't check every single one but T10 med APCR and T4 derps with 350m/s velocity have the same so I assume everything has the same), only arty varies.

However, from that I can conclude that the slower the velocity is, the more shells "drop" and vice versa. 

The slower your shell velocity, the more the shell arcs. The apcr shell, having higher velocity, does not arc as much. You normally wouldn't notice the shell arc unless you are trying to lead a shot against someone running on top of a ridgeline 500m away, such as a scout in middle of prokhorovka. The ap shell, at 920m/s, will typically end up arcing way overhead into the horizon, while the apcr is flat enough to make the shot. (You need about 1000 m/s for a flat enough shell for this shot).

For a much more clear example, compare obj 268 ap and obj 263 apcr on the same ridgeline shot.

I have an Jg Pz E-100 crew (only German TD crew I have) that I could use for this, but it only has 60% camo as 4th skill (yeah... well...).

Should I drop skills and get full camo or it doesn't matter so much for this tank?

44 minutes ago, ogremage said:

I have an Jg Pz E-100 crew (only German TD crew I have) that I could use for this, but it only has 60% camo as 4th skill (yeah... well...).

Should I drop skills and get full camo or it doesn't matter so much for this tank?

I have full camo and it’s like 20% or something, not worth it essentially you’ll be spotted in 445 range if you fighting decent tanks (i’m not counting IS-3 and other bat blind tanks). It’s nice addition but imho not that much worth especially on JPE100 crew.

On 7/5/2017 at 7:55 PM, Hally said:

The slower your shell velocity, the more the shell arcs.

Yep, that's basic physics.  Both shells drop at the same rate along the Y axis, but the higher velocity shell travels further along the X axis in the same amount of time...flatter trajectory.  True in real world and the game (assuming they have gravity modeled as acceleration and not constant downward velocity).

On 2017. 09. 29. at 9:18 AM, BlackAdder said:

I have full camo and it’s like 20% or something,

WG should allow us to apply regular camo on the prem tanks with clown camo. It would be a very nice option on the Skorp and the M41 GF.

2800 target dmg on vbaddict for 3MOE, seems low?!

Anyone 3MOE it? What was your DPG and assisted? 

I got the 3rd mark recently, and I'm pretty sure it's was well over 3k combined. 

https://imgur.com/a/6BGe3

Honestly though, fuck the Skorpion. Playing aggressively is rarely possible because you're big, armorless, and can't snapshot. Sniping sucks balls because of the terrible shell velocity and it's not a good way to win consistently anyhow. 

I'm finding the Revalorise similar but more flexible and infinitely more comfy/enjoyable to play. 

1 hour ago, Sapros said:

I got the 3rd mark recently, and I'm pretty sure it's was well over 3k combined. 

https://imgur.com/a/6BGe3

Honestly though, fuck the Skorpion. Playing aggressively is rarely possible because you're big, armorless, and can't snapshot. Sniping sucks balls because of the terrible shell velocity and it's not a good way to win consistently anyhow. 

I'm finding the Revalorise similar but more flexible and infinitely more comfy/enjoyable to play. 

I feel you, but I manage to do well last few days with occasional arty hits. 

I need money, so this might be possible. 

21 hours ago, TAdoo87 said:

This worked out way too well, but this is why I like the Skorp. You don't always have to snipe with it.

http://wotreplays.eu/site/3867566

Westfield is a pretty good map for Skorpion TBH, i always go to mid, and houses create the cover for me and an opportunity presents itself. 

Capture.png

Also sniping is rather weak, shells are too slow (leading target, but bot decides to swirl or stop) APCR is pretty much shit after 200m. This thing is perfect in a platoon (all games above are 2xSkorion). 

IMHO to enjoy this tank completely i need some kind of buff, bloom, shell velocity or camo. One of those things could supercharge Skorpion G into the really fun machine. 

kOwWpaK.jpg

When it works it works but most of the time I get spotted and insta dead or I miss 10 shells in a row.

50 minutes ago, Siimcy said:

When it works it works but most of the time I get spotted and insta dead or I miss 10 shells in a row.

Bumped mine to 58%, I MIGHT push it to the 60% this week if RNG dont shit on me.

Also i noticed big drop of pen on APCR (chai distances). :(