SirKnumskull

Rheinmetall Skorpion G

412 posts in this topic

Will get it. Couple of clanmates were playing it earlier and it really is good tank.

So what does make this tank so much more desirable than the Charioteer? According to tanks.gg, they should be pretty close in performance, with the Charioteer getting tons of better mobility, while the Skorpion gets Alpha and technically better gun-handling, (except for the turret bloom, where, of all tanks, Charioteer mops the floor with the Skorpion).

Why is one OP and the other barely played at all?

Because 490 is vastly superior to 390 alpha ?

Also .3 sec better aimtime, 60kph vs 53 only accélération is not as good but it's still very nimble for a td

9 minutes ago, Madner Kami said:

So what does make this tank so much more desirable than the Charioteer? According to tanks.gg, they should be pretty close in performance, with the Charioteer getting tons of better mobility, while the Skorpion gets Alpha and technically better gun-handling, (except for the turret bloom, where, of all tanks, Charioteer mops the floor with the Skorpion).

Why is one OP and the other barely played at all?

I think Charioteer is actually very good and I have a good performance with it (for my standarts). Therefore Skorpion is an insta-buy for me as both of them are very similar.

Perhaps people are still clinging the old idea of premiums being subpar version of comparable tanks, so having a better/equal one makes it automaticly OP.

I feel this tank should be compares to the borsig. It's basically the borsig gun but on a very fast medium chassis. So...

Any buyers. I got mine, but acc is locked. Whole day pinging support but they are tough to crack. @Ectar?

How prone to fires is it? Can you drop the extinguisher for food, or does it burn from the front?

I played the Grille 15 w/o a fire ext. and that was a questionable decision. 

I saw Niall pretty much 4k dpg this thing on stream today... seems broken indeed

2 hours ago, BlackAdder said:

Any buyers. I got mine, but acc is locked. Whole day pinging support but they are tough to crack. @Ectar?

gift me one pls, so i can share my impressions :happyfish:

2 hours ago, BlackAdder said:

Ectar is no longer part of WG.

It's only been out a few hours and t8 fights on NA already have like 5 of these fuckers per team. They all camp too. Fun times.

I played a few matches in it earlier on NAE around 5 hours ago and was getting in matches with 5+ per side. I want to like the tank but with so many retards wanting to just camp with tds couples with people not knowing how to spot and getting nuked when they invariably fuck up it was frustrating.

I eventually just brought out the Chariot and was having fun outspotting and nuking the Skorpions with HESH.

1 hour ago, MacusFlash said:

Ectar is no longer part of WG.

I know, but maybe he have hooks inside :) 

Played the rental a few times, and as long as you make absolutely certain you are not spotted before you fire, you can usually just nope the fuck back behind cover. Shits credits like you wouldn't believe. I can't say enough how much I love this tank.

1 hour ago, nonsense said:

It's only been out a few hours and t8 fights on NA already have like 5 of these fuckers per team. They all camp too. Fun times.

Play in T49 and GF toons.

48 minutes ago, Razavn said:

I eventually just brought out the Chariot and was having fun outspotting and nuking the Skorpions with HESH.

You know that you do not need hesh to nuke them...Panther chassis my ass, it is paper as a Grille. About 30ish effective armor. Gun of any caliber equal or higher than the 85 mm is worth using HE (especially the russian 85 mm, with AP 180 and HE 300 alpha...), and of course, HE from 128 mm themselves...same speed as AP helps, too.

I just had a very good game in it:

have a look if you care :) wotreplays.com/site/2885621

45 minutes ago, Felicius said:

You know that you do not need hesh to nuke them...Panther chassis my ass, it is paper as a Grille. About 30ish effective armor. Gun of any caliber equal or higher than the 85 mm is worth using HE (especially the russian 85 mm, with AP 180 and HE 300 alpha...), and of course, HE from 128 mm themselves...same speed as AP helps, too.

I'm aware of it. I just like the Charioteer quite a bit and don't carry any standard HE in it due low capacity.

I also mentioned it as both tanks are fairly similar.

kek this thing is nothing like other prems, and the type 59 is supposed to be too good!?

Did they just abandon their prem tank plan for this tank only?

Good for fun (fast and lolgun)

Good for winning

Good for cash

This is possibly almost as good as rhoomba before nerf.

It's way, WAY better than silly chariot.

Comparisons to the Roomba really don't apply. In almost every game I played today there were Scorpions who thought they were in RHMs, sat at the back, got spotted because the camo is horrible and nuked because it's enormous. It needs to be close enough for the turret to give it an advantage, or you might as well be in a JPII with some armor and a better reload. 

2 hours ago, 3MAJ86 said:

I just had a very good game in it:

have a look if you care :) wotreplays.com/site/2885621

Watching your replay, why did you go with QB setup? I didn't see camo and binos in use?

What crew you running?

45 minutes ago, jodgi said:

kek this thing is nothing like other prems, and the type 59 is supposed to be too good!?

Did they just abandon their prem tank plan for this tank only?

Good for fun (fast and lolgun)

Good for winning

Good for cash

This is possibly almost as good as rhoomba before nerf.

It's way, WAY better than silly chariot.

They tested the water with the Berlin tanks, and now they're going full cashgrab. Shit prems must be selling poorly at this point in the game's life span.