SirKnumskull

Rheinmetall Skorpion G

412 posts in this topic

Yes, but if you platoon with somewhat competent player in a med or a heavy, and support him... this thing is a beast. But yeah, solopubs can be painful, hence my 40% win rate session yesterday :(

and sadly enough, most of the matches I was actually top tier.

1 hour ago, tajj7 said:

Great damage farmer when the going is good, but won't do much on it's own. That prevents it from being OP IMO, most bobs I've seen in it just camp at the back doing very little. 

So basically Grile15 with T8 MM :D

That's pretty good in my books.

BTW i downloaded shit ton of replays with 5k+ and i'm gona lurk while waiting for my 9/11 ban lift and APCR madness photo.jpg

This is probably (almost certainly?) the wrong thread in which to make my first ever wotlabs post, but...

I've seen statements in this thread that this (and presumably other bought-for-real-money-premiums) couldn't be nerfed because of legal reasons - is that actually the case?  Or does the clause in the EULA about WG being able to apply patches/change rules without prior notice give them wiggle room here?

The replays posted here are amusing as hell.  I try to learn from them, but the skills on display are way beyond me right now.

Edited by Tanager
Trim excess verbiage not relevant to thread.

Haven't read the EULA personally but fom what i heard you can't sue them if they ake change to the game or you're premium. 

With that said if they do (And they have) nerf à premium it will be à shitstorm like when they nerf the SP and they refunded the players for that move in the end.

9 minutes ago, Tanager said:

This is probably (almost certainly?) the wrong thread in which to make my first ever wotlabs post, but...

I've seen statements in this thread that this (and presumably other bought-for-real-money-premiums) couldn't be nerfed because of legal reasons - is that actually the case?  Or does the clause in the EULA about WG being able to apply patches/change rules without prior notice give them wiggle room here?

The replays posted here are amusing as hell.  I try to learn from them, but the skills on display are way beyond me right now.

Super Pershing case. WG has nerfed it and gave owners a choice - sell it for full price in gold or keep it. They did to avoid epic shitstorm. 

14 hours ago, stagnate said:

What you are describing is the impact of an OP tank.  If it is only OP in the hands of 1% of players then the effect on the overall game is less than if it was OP for every player.

No. What I am describing is a situationally powerful tank that has deficiencies in other situations. Overpowered would be, if it outtanks the heavy tanks, outruns the mediums, outcamos the lights and outguns the TDs. Does it do that? Nope. There are more powerful guns in tier. Vehicles with better camo, better mobility and it falls apart when someone sneezes at it. What you see is a TD-medium hybrid, so it has a good gun and good mobility, Mediums are traditionally vehicles that do well in the hands of good players only, so it's only natural that this trait translates into the Skorpion, because it is a hybrid that takes best of both worlds and this is what we should expect if we get a medium-TD-hybrid and not the bullshit medium-TD-hybrids we got with 4005, 4004 and (pre-buff and possibly post-buff as I haven't played it since it got buffed) Challenger.

7 hours ago, TheMarine0341 said:

Butt fucking hell, teams were 80% TD's anyway

You're telling me you don't enjoy campfests due to teams that are 80% TDs? You're telling me that's not fun and dynamic gameplay? WHAAAAAAAAAAAAT?

3 hours ago, Madner Kami said:

No. What I am describing is a situationally powerful tank that has deficiencies in other situations. Overpowered would be, if it outtanks the heavy tanks, outruns the mediums, outcamos the lights and outguns the TDs. Does it do that? Nope. There are more powerful guns in tier. Vehicles with better camo, better mobility and it falls apart when someone sneezes at it. What you see is a TD-medium hybrid, so it has a good gun and good mobility, Mediums are traditionally vehicles that do well in the hands of good players only, so it's only natural that this trait translates into the Skorpion, because it is a hybrid that takes best of both worlds and this is what we should expect if we get a medium-TD-hybrid and not the bullshit medium-TD-hybrids we got with 4005, 4004 and (pre-buff and possibly post-buff as I haven't played it since it got buffed) Challenger.

Wow, are you really trying to defend that Skorpion is not overpowered? Please get out. This thing is overpowered as fuck.

So, in regards to a nerf. Apparently WG is Buffing the signal range of the radio from 400m to 700m.
Jesus

5 hours ago, Madner Kami said:

No. What I am describing is a situationally powerful tank that has deficiencies in other situations. Overpowered would be, if it outtanks the heavy tanks, outruns the mediums, outcamos the lights and outguns the TDs. Does it do that? Nope. There are more powerful guns in tier. Vehicles with better camo, better mobility and it falls apart when someone sneezes at it. 

You'd actually argue the 2J's fine because it's slow or the E 25's fine because it has no armor? 

22 hours ago, BlackAdder said:

So basically Grile15 with T8 MM :D

That's pretty good in my books.

Yeh basically that is what it is.

Still on fence IMO whether this is OP, seems too situational and soft IMO to be OP in the current meta, expecting the skill adjusted WR graphs to show the crap players struggle with it but who knows.

I've seen quite a few players claim that crap players will still do more damage than normal, but whilst that is true I'm pretty sure that is true of all alpha based TDs, but still means they are camping in useless positions with it doing an extra shot or two of damage before they get swarmed in the base.

I am very on the fence with this one. I loved the Hellcat and it seems the Scorpion is basically a Hellcat. However the game currently sucks for anything below tier IX imho if you want to platoon and I am at ships till WG can pull through with their long time promised gameplay changes.

And that is exactly the question - where will the Scorpion (or really any prem tank) stand after "global rebalance"?

29 minutes ago, Jaegaer said:

I am very on the fence with this one. I loved the Hellcat and it seems the Scorpion is basically a Hellcat. However the game currently sucks for anything below tier IX imho if you want to platoon and I am at ships till WG can pull through with their long time promised gameplay changes.

And that is exactly the question - where will the Scorpion (or really any prem tank) stand after "global rebalance"?

If they nerf any of my premiums i gonna ask for refund. 

18 hours ago, Madner Kami said:

Overpowered would be, if it outtanks the heavy tanks, outruns the mediums, outcamos the lights and outguns the TDs.

Regardless of the Skorpion, this statement is just flat out stupid wrong. You suggest, that only one characteristic of each class is important. According to your logic St. Emil is the best tier 7 TD because it has a gun with 490 alpha and 231 pen. :look:

22 minutes ago, TAdoo87 said:

Regardless of the Skorpion, this statement is just flat out stupid wrong. You suggest, that only one characteristic of each class is important. According to your logic St. Emil is the best tier 7 TD because it has a gun with 490 alpha and 231 pen. :look:

Not to forget best gun depression.

26 minutes ago, BlackAdder said:

If they nerf any of my premiums i gonna ask for refund. 

This will not be so easy because if the stats/roles really change that much, it will be very hard to actually claim that a tank was nerfed.

For instance they could decide to buff the HP over all tiers except tier X to even out tier balance. In turn they will nerf turret traverse and, of course, implement the global new mechanics for pen (drop off over range), less pen for prem ammo.

Will that be a nerf for the Scorpion?

3 hours ago, Jaegaer said:

Skorpion is more like a Hellcat on steroids. It is probably the only premium tank in the game that doesn't give a flying fuck about T10 games etc, it will do even better in those probably than in T8 due to more HP etc.
Get it, you won't regret it.

What are people's dpg in this tank ??

If there à few unicum with a décent amount of game in it that would be interesting

6 hours ago, Jaegaer said:

This will not be so easy because if the stats/roles really change that much, it will be very hard to actually claim that a tank was nerfed.

For instance they could decide to buff the HP over all tiers except tier X to even out tier balance. In turn they will nerf turret traverse and, of course, implement the global new mechanics for pen (drop off over range), less pen for prem ammo.

Will that be a nerf for the Scorpion?

Nevertheless i want same tank that i bought, same goes for GF, WZ111, JT88, FCM and other premiums. 

On 23/08/2016 at 3:45 PM, Tanager said:

In the EU the commission promulgated (MEMO/11/675). This is a directive protecting consumers online rights. Basically it means that if you purchase digital content (using real money), the provider owes you certain statutory duties. So whatever WG put in the EULA got crushed by the juggernaut of consumer rights legislation. They can change free tanks all they like, but ones purchased for money are protected now from the nerf bat. WG by the way (a) sells digital content into EU countries, and (b) has it's corporate headquarters in Cyprus, a member of the EU.

I am not sure if USA has similar online consumer rights legislation? Nor do I know whether USA citizens could rely on the EU legislation for goods and services purchased on NA servers.

4 minutes ago, arthurwellsley said:

In the EU the commission promulgated (MEMO/11/675). This is a directive protecting consumers online rights. Basically it means that if you purchase digital content (using real money), the provider owes you certain statutory duties. So whatever WG put in the EULA got crushed by the juggernaut of consumer rights legislation. They can change free tanks all they like, but ones purchased for money are protected now from the nerf bat. WG by the way (a) sells digital content into EU countries, and (b) has it's corporate headquarters in Cyprus, a member of the EU.

I am not sure if USA has similar online consumer rights legislation? Nor do I know whether USA citizens could rely on the EU legislation for goods and services purchased on NA servers.

JXVLg.jpg

14 hours ago, DHP said:

If there à few unicum with a décent amount of game in it that would be interesting

Finally I was able to play mine yesterday. Gun is good, rest is not special. I am both rusty and outdated, so my DPG was 2200 for 9 games. By comparison I have 2400 in Charioteer (1.5 years ago).

Noob here,

I am one of those players who turns this tank into a Lowe 2.0. I dont have much experience playing TD, in particulary the glass canon type. I T hink the hyping by Quickybaby and others got to me and thus I bought it. And now I quite struggle with it. I had some good games with it (good for me, 2-3k damage. I think 3.5k is my highest, on a loss that was), but many more 400 damage games where I get obliterated. But for some reason this feels like the derpiest German gun I ever experienced. It does not feel like 0.3(?) accuracy at all. The ammount of trackshots or just blatantly missing tanks is insane. Also the constant module damage is annoying.

I think I am doing something horribly wrong, and perhaps glass canons aren't my thing at all. I have had much more fun in the Jagdkitten 8.8, which is probably much more tomato friendly too. Maybe not helping too is that I did not play for a good 2-3 months.

1 hour ago, favorius said:

Finally I was able to play mine yesterday. Gun is good, rest is not special. I am both rusty and outdated, so my DPG was 2200 for 9 games. By comparison I have 2400 in Charioteer (1.5 years ago).

1 hour ago, favorius said:

I have ~2.5k dpg with ~60% WR less than 50 games so far. I played all games solo and without gold spam. I am usually terrible with TDs, but this one just feels good.

@Denizzje

If it is derpy for you, then you either don't aim in fully, or your perception is biased. Can it be that you don't position yourself well, and you have very few shooting opportunity per game? If you have 2-3 shoots per game from 500m and one doesn't pen, then that feels proportionally a lot.