HoPe

DETOX

251 posts in this topic

On 9/7/2016 at 11:33 AM, JOC469 said:

I knew I should have taken a screenshot from 5 days ago where the highest ranked DETOX player was outside of the rewards. I didn't want to gloat then in case there were some DQs, but you just keep that dream alive where you think that you were competitive. @neokai actually did a good analysis/synopsis on the tank distribution on the official forum looking at top clans per front against the proportion of reward tanks won. Except you've been banned from there. LOL.

@FeeTFooD VPA were playing the western front. It was them throwing matches on the east that they got caught out for, but they were not in the running for tanks on that front.

I presume you meant my monopoly ratio analysis. Just to share the original text showing the data.

Using Volkn's site, the top 5 clans by clan fame as of 3rd Sep and their respective tank allocation:

Eastern

1. VAE (43 tanks, with 9-10 close to the mark)
  2. CHE (48 tanks, with 7 close to the mark)
  3. PYRO (45 tanks, with 6 close to the mark)
  4. ANZAF (2 tanks, with 26-28 close to the mark)
  5. VN-F (24 tanks, with 10-11 close to the mark)

% of tanks monopolized by top 5 = 40.5% (56.0% counting potentials)

Western

1. VPA  (54 tanks, not accounting for last night's suspensions - a lot of these players have forfeited their rewards)
  2. CROWN  (51 tanks, and 3 more close to the mark)
  3. STRV (28 tanks, and 4-5 close to the mark)
  4. GVN-D (49 tanks, and 7-12 close to the mark)
  5. CUB (38 tanks, with 5-6 close to the mark)

% of tanks monopolized by top 5 = 22.0% (24.6% counting potentials)

% of tanks monopolized by top 10 = 34.6%

% of tanks monopolized by top 15 = 44.3%

- For those wondering, I consider "close to the mark" anyone within 1,400 fame of the award position. So it ranges from really close to the "bloody unlikely unless you get x5 fame battles non-stop" close.

- Monopoly ratio is a measure of how competitive a particular front is; the more competitive, the lower the % enjoyed by the top dogs.

- Western has 3 monopoly ratios, partly to benchmark against East (top 15 is roughly equivalent to top 5 in terms of player-to-tank allocation, as well as to check the falloff as we distance from the top, e.g. 5-10-15 gradient).Falloff of 1.6% from expected values indicates a highly competitive playing field in terms of personal fame with teams in top 10 on roughly equal terms with the top 5, and top 15 closely following that of top 10.

2nd bit is analysis server wide analysis

3rd Sep analysis

EAST monopoly ratio is 40.5% owned by top 5 clans

WEST monopoly ratio is 44.3% owned by top 15 clans.

There are 2 ways to read the monopoly ratio.

• Dominance of top clans (aka overlord status) with everyone else being peons
  • Sufficient numbers of tanks allocated to the front

To eliminate the dominance factor, we can look to the falloff of clan fame as we go down the rankings. Both East and West fronts show remarkably similar fame falloffs across the top 15 clans, so it's not like VPA/CHE are lording it over the rest and ramming whatever it is they ram down your throats.

The monopoly ratio of WEST's top 15 compared to EAST's top 5 is to benchmark tank/player ratio. Technically it should be top 12.5 for WEST, but I don't have my original data... As a rough guess I would say factoring just top 12/13 clans would bring the monopoly ratio down to 41-43%, which is remarkably similar to EAST's monopoly.

I don't think it's a coincidence.

Tan disclosed before that tank allocation is based on CW activity during the season. So to increase your front's allocation have more battles in East during season 4.

Another way to look at it is how can we grow the pie for all? Answer to that is to encourage more clans to join CW, by forming alliances and the like. The International union succeeded in more than just breaking the VN hold on tier X CW back in season 3. It actually pulled in several clans that would have sat out the season or CW altogether into the fray.

Having participated in every event here are my thoughts.

Eastern Sector was too short on tanks. It costs nothing to allocate more and looking at the mid rate clans their lack of getting players across the line just wasn't right. To me this number should have been 500 (600 being a bit generous but in the spirit of keeping the server alive maybe needed). From the start of this campaign I had players not wanting to try cause 400 just made it too hard. The top clans got the added bonus of gold and resources, don't be too stingy on the rest of the clans re tank allocation.

What changes are being made to the next season? Every season the rule changes have made it worse and worse so I hope they ask a few random clans (high/mid/low ability) their thoughts on what we the actual players want. If it's another screw up I for one will not bother any more.

6 hours ago, JOC469 said:

Fingers crossed for WG screwing up the next cumpain

if not holding thumb, would there be any other outcome ! lets be honest, the past have proven that instead of holding thumbs, holding a dong is more often then not the case !

On 9/8/2016 at 9:46 PM, JOC469 said:

Fingers crossed for WG screwing up the next cumpain

On 9/9/2016 at 10:51 PM, JOC469 said:

You may also have to start creating random shitter clans.

A shitter like you could never create as you are not a leader. Continue padding your stats at low tiers and getting others to pad your stats. Much LOL given.

54 minutes ago, Nutkase said:

@HoPe JOC told me you allow tree down mod in your clan.

Is that true?

Like every clan there is no way of knowing or checking but in general we use tools that we assume other clans use.

And last night we mapped CHE. RIP team CHE as they were one of the few clans I assumed used no illegal mods. Respect.

2 hours ago, HoPe said:

Like every clan there is no way of knowing or checking but in general we use tools that we assume other clans use.

And last night we mapped CHE. RIP team CHE as they were one of the few clans I assumed used no illegal mods. Respect.

It is no secret people use illegal mods, and players/clans hide under the excuse, "we use them because others use them so that's ok" and even tell themselves that it's not *really* cheating, refer to cheats as "tools" and inflate their egos, telling themselves that by cheating they are actually getting better, yet complain as the Global Map shrinks each season - you beat CHE by cheating even though you respect them and don't think they cheat -  respect for admitting it Hopey, really. It's common knowledge you use them anyway, so no use pretending anymore - about time someone manned up and said, publicly, "I am a cheat and I am proud" - well done Hopey - Go You!

I dream of a day when WG finalises a detection for these cheats and perma bans every fucker who uses them with no warning whatsoever. Doubt it will ever happen but the forums will be filled with salt if it does.

3 hours ago, HoPe said:

Uses dubious mods. Still only green.

6a2.png

What a victory - beating a retired clan with one member...

R6SGcgF.png

3 hours ago, stewiejp said:

It is no secret people use illegal mods, and players/clans hide under the excuse, "we use them because others use them so that's ok" and even tell themselves that it's not *really* cheating, refer to cheats as "tools" and inflate their egos, telling themselves that by cheating they are actually getting better, yet complain as the Global Map shrinks each season - you beat CHE by cheating even though you respect them and don't think they cheat -  respect for admitting it Hopey, really. It's common knowledge you use them anyway, so no use pretending anymore - about time someone manned up and said, publicly, "I am a cheat and I am proud" - well done Hopey - Go You!

I dream of a day when WG finalises a detection for these cheats and perma bans every fucker who uses them with no warning whatsoever. Doubt it will ever happen but the forums will be filled with salt if it does.

ATM I know quite a few clans ie Lancers still use mods but I decided awhile back to follow a couple of clans I compete with into the light so no, we don't cheat. I too look forward to the day when all mods are contained in the game and others are blocked/banned.

I still find it funny how bad most Thai players are who live next door (presumably with better computers) to a bunch of gods of the game.

4 hours ago, JOC469 said:

Uses dubious mods. Still only green.

What a victory - beating a retired clan with one member...

R6SGcgF.png

Considering your better stats are piloted by others, you constantly plat with better players than yourself and you seal club as well as probably using dubious mods I wouldn't be too upbeat about anything.

49 minutes ago, HoPe said:

Considering your better stats are piloted by others, you constantly plat with better players than yourself and you seal club as well as probably using dubious mods I wouldn't be too upbeat about anything.

Is this the time when you tell us you could re roll purple? ;)

1 hour ago, HoPe said:

Less than 300 games which have all been clearly documented which works out to be ~0.5%

And an average tier of 6.78

I see statistics are not your strong point. But then we already knew that.

Seriously, do you actually read what others say hopey? 

9 minutes ago, HoPe said:

So as an example, the marks of excellence on you e-75 all yours?

31 minutes ago, JOC469 said:

Less than 300 games which have all been clearly documented which works out to be ~0.5%

And an average tier of 6.78

I see statistics are not your strong point. But then we already knew that.

Everyone knows val did that because he posted it on the forums so players could follow his progress. 

Clearly documented means SFA to me as I don't follow him (or Val) around looking for what he does. I just noticed the E-75 was out of place compared to the rest of his stats.

So yes, I read but don't necessarily get it from others POV. Fact is he looks no better player than me.

Just now, HoPe said:

Fact is he looks no better player than me.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA

That literally made me laugh in real life. Holy fuck thats gold. 

signature.png signature.png 

Who's who?