LostCosmonaut

Strv m/42

39 posts in this topic

What equipment are you using on this one? We have a friend contest where we're supposed to play 100 games in this one (and 100 games in Lago, which I fortunately finished already - terrible, terrible gameplay down there) and I'm not sure whether it's generally better to use rammer + vents + binocs or switch binocs for optics. I don't think any other combination is suitable here, although some may say EGLD is viable here? What do you think?

5 hours ago, kurcatovium said:

What equipment are you using on this one? We have a friend contest where we're supposed to play 100 games in this one (and 100 games in Lago, which I fortunately finished already - terrible, terrible gameplay down there) and I'm not sure whether it's generally better to use rammer + vents + binocs or switch binocs for optics. I don't think any other combination is suitable here, although some may say EGLD is viable here? What do you think?

EGLD is pretty much a must. Your alpha is great, but aim time and final accuracy both suck, along with penetration. Only fully aimed shots are worth risking exposure beyond 50 -100 m.

Vents are fine, but they add little bit of everything, and you desperately need aim time reduction from egld, and dpm (since you do not have pe-pew gun) bonus from rammer. On T-34 rammer is actually counter-productive, but that is another story...

I suggest rammer, gun laying drive and binos. You probably have bad crew for it, so 10% from optics are not worth it. If you have great crew (BIA+at least full SIA), and stocked food on discount, go with optics.

Binos are better because you can totally dominate a few maps like Karelia, Prokh, Malinovka, Sand River, etc...and rack amazing spotting dmg, even thou your gun is not effective for chai sniping.

I do have female crew from christmas event, so they have SIA. Commander has 6th sense, other crew members have repairs as it felt needed with Lago being constantly tracked by low tier machineguns.

My feeling after 3 battles (rammer, vents, binocs) is that aim time isn't that bad to require EGLD and I do feel vents might be more useful as it provides very slight boost, but everywhere - from mobility to gun handling.

But I'll probably give EGLD a chance and try it in couple of battles too to see what I like better.

I also feel in some maps/battles it could be the best to use rammer, vents, EGLD to maximize gun handling and DPM, but then you'll get vision dependent map with not supportive (braindead) team and you're screwed as you won't be able to see anything...

I'm using rammer, vents, optics with the lady crew. With food that's 430 view range, which is enough at tier 6. Since the crew is female and I don't intend to move up the line, they will reach 4 perks soon enough and I will train situational awareness. Binoculars require to much sitting for this paper turret. The base accuracy, very low bloom and short aim time really means you don't need a GLD - these are tier 9 gun soft stats on a tier 6. This tank is a ridge poker in the style of the Pattons and U.S. mediums. Stack vision, poke, snap repeat.

1 hour ago, CraBeatOff said:

tier 6

Wrong tank Crab! This is the T5! GLD makes a little more sense there, although I'd probably take vents+optics over it.

Yep, I can see that setup working on Strv 74, but this is a different tank ;-)

Still with my rammer+vents+binocs and I still kind of like it. But once I get burnt I'll definitely try EGLD :-)

On 25.01.2017. at 2:18 PM, CraBeatOff said:

Well fuck! Moderate me? I am dumb. 

Tier 5 and tier 6 gun handling is night and day. Aim time is almost double, and base ACC is crap.

grinding this thing from stock is purely cancerous. Aim time take a day. Hit no one. Pen no one. One shot by 105ers all the time. I can't recall any tanks being worse.

20 hours ago, wes said:

grinding this thing from stock is purely cancerous. Aim time take a day. Hit no one. Pen no one. One shot by 105ers all the time. I can't recall any tanks being worse.

Skoda T24?
Chi-Nu?
Renault G1?

On 2017-6-3 at 2:00 PM, wes said:

It is a fine tank. It just has limitations you need to account for, or you will achieve nothing.

Try my advice regarding equipment, and food is great on this one (makes more sense than on Strv 74 since that one has a tier 9 acc gun handling).

Anyway, why you cry for a tier 5 stock grind? It takes just a few games to elite, especially with experience boosters you are getting all the time now, it seems. From events, missions and top of the tree.

Wait for tier 9 stock grind!

On 6/5/2017 at 5:07 PM, Felicius said:

It is a fine tank. It just has limitations you need to account for, or you will achieve nothing.

Try my advice regarding equipment, and food is great on this one (makes more sense than on Strv 74 since that one has a tier 9 acc gun handling).

Anyway, why you cry for a tier 5 stock grind? It takes just a few games to elite, especially with experience boosters you are getting all the time now, it seems. From events, missions and top of the tree.

Wait for tier 9 stock grind!

Well. I play very less each day (<10 games) and F2P, thus any grinding feel very painful. (ok my fault XD)

Stock grind is over now. To be honest the tank is now day and night different just because of the damn stock gun. My DPG jumped from 200 to 800 overnight. Top turret also give HP boost enough to survive one 105mm hit

2 hours ago, wes said:

Well. I play very less each day (<10 games) and F2P, thus any grinding feel very painful. (ok my fault XD)

Stock grind is over now. To be honest the tank is now day and night different just because of the damn stock gun. My DPG jumped from 200 to 800 overnight. Top turret also give HP boost enough to survive one 105mm hit

Using +100% experience boosters bis much more efficient than just doing daily doubles... especially in a tier 5 - you can do 60-65%down there solo, even with shit crew, carry potential of a tier 5 is great...thus you actually save on your nerves. And free exp cost of modules is negligible in tier five...