MetGreDKo

9.16 supertest

127 posts in this topic

So they just posted this announcement. Link at the bottom. Brief synopsis for those not wanting to click right away. Also included a link to the literally 5 second long youtube video they posted about the spotting changes. I'm curious how the changes to spotting will impact play, will hurt scouts the most making it more dangerous to light but at the same time making other maps potentially more broken. If one team doesn't contest the lights middle on Lakeville that means the other team's city push will be much more quickly spotted and decimated. Another map I can see it heavily impacting is Erlenberg particularly North spawns early spots East. Those able to hug the red line will be safe but pubbies will get wrecked even harder.

New tank: Swedish premium tier 6 medium tank Strv m/42-57. The AMX 13 revealed at gamescom.

New paris map

Removal of all-talk. No longer talking with the opposing team in all modes except team training, See a friend on the other team? No more hellos. Some other chat stuff.

In-game retrieval of sold or dismissed tanks so putting in a ticket won't be necessary.

Supposedly improved the spotting system by optimizing the code and allowing vehicles to be spotted faster. Taking this with a salt shaker: 

Comparison view added to garage where you can see basic stats side by side. Looks to be utterly useless given they're using "firepower" ratings and such.

Mods added include multi layered carousel; directional hits received; hit log; visual display of what's been done, spotted, rammed, fires, basically more icons like you just got a perk upgrade in cod.

New minimaps are continued

http://worldoftanks.com/en/news/pc-browser/17/super-test-9-16/

No HD models?

*obj 268 cries in corner for one more patch*

While I hope so, I doubt the tank/crew recovery method will come to EU. Or it's worthless as u can't get tanks back once the 30d have run out.
Sweet changes overall, especially the changes to chat/spotting.

Gib imba NA ticket-tank-recovery now, pls.

I just read whole text, they are putting XVM goodies one by one. Nice. 

20 minutes ago, MetGreDKo said:

Removal of all-talk. No longer talking with the opposing team in all modes except team training, See a friend on the other team? No more hellos. Some other chat stuff.

No more get cancer and ... :( 

Why are they removing the all chat? That seems stupid. I think they would be better off giving a tick box if people want to turn it off like they do with the whole chat.

I'm glad they're fixing the stupid spotting delay though.

2 minutes ago, Inciatus said:

Why are they removing the all chat? That seems stupid. I think they would be better off giving a tick box if people want to turn it off like they do with the whole chat.

I'm glad they're fixing the stupid spotting delay though.

Because no matter what people still write shit.

And by turning cross chat you can't rage, cheat, nice aim bot, WN8 whore, stat padder, polak and so on. Also retards  can't shit in chat where are you because they are incompetent and died before you save them. 

The removal of all chat is... uh, surprising. I can sort of see where they are coming from, but I don't know if removing some of the friendly community aspects of the game is really the way to go. I think allchat should be an opt-in/opt-out instead with more strict enforcement of the rules. I'm a bit biased though - tons of people like to say hi to me. I think most players don't have nearly as much of a reason to care about chat as I do, so I won't be surprised if this goes live as-is.

The retrieval of sold tanks business could be a gamechanger for players like me who have already bought most of the tanks in this game at one point or another. The real question, though, is how the vehicle recovery works. Is it like crews, where I have to do it before a certain time? Or is it like a ticket, where I could get back any vehicle sold at any time? The former is a gigantic loss, a 30d time limit would mean we lose access to virtually everything we've bought. The latter is hugely nice, since no one was going to put in the effort of making a support ticket every time they wanted to rebuy a tank (but now we can!)

Spotting system changes are EXTREMELY IMPORTANT. I think the vid speaks for itself here, it's just too bad we had to wait so long.

Comparison is neat for new players, not extremely relevant to me.

XVM features included are amazing; the carousel and damage logs are two of the biggest things missing from vanilla. I think this is the point where XVM starts to die off.

On 9/1/2016 at 7:25 AM, BlackAdder said:

Because no matter what people still write shit.

And by turning cross chat you can't rage, cheat, nice aim bot, WN8 whore, stat padder, polak and so on. Also retards  can't shit in chat where are you because they are incompetent and died before you save them. 

People are still going to shit up the team chats. It's not like this is actually going to actually change anything except remove some of the friendly bits in the game.

The all chat is not really needed in a match. Sure you can't say "Hi" anymore but you can still do that afterwards. 

The implementation of more goodies might be a sign that WG will ban mods in the future or either restrict their usage heavily.

The update for spotting mechanics is great! I could imagine the random "spot poking" will be dead too now. It is annoying when you only see wheels spotting you.

8 minutes ago, Inciatus said:

People are still going to shit up the team chats. It's not like this is actually going to actually change anything except remove some of the friendly bits in the game.

Camper at D2.

That's more hurtful than get cancer or hello. 

Countless times i was exposed do to noobs that can't stfu. 

I'm gonna miss all-chat, no more hi's and witty banter at the start of the match :(

Hmmm... 

So, how are we supposed to spam chat now if we're promoting a tank for WG, your stream, etc?

48 minutes ago, Rexxie said:

XVM features included are amazing; the carousel and damage logs are two of the biggest things missing from vanilla. I think this is the point where XVM starts to die off.

I still adore the crew management features that XVM provides, but I'm happy to have fewer and fewer reasons to use it. 

Now if only WG would give us options to engage auto-aim in a cone instead of a ray.

now please just remove nicknames from battles and we're set, you can still use all the xvm features but no more yoloing 46% fucktards just because "hurr durr must kill gud playur"..

it's just annoying, and i'm not even purple...

I read that earlier tonight.

I think the chat change is dumb, I orgasmed over everything else.

(seriously, the spotting change is a MASSIVE thing for someone who plays on my ping)

1 minute ago, Assassin7 said:

I think the chat change is dumb, I orgasmed over everything else.

Why? I don't see why that feature is important, other than saying some nice words to clickers.:minglee:

13 minutes ago, Tarski said:

Now if only WG would give us options to engage auto-aim in a cone instead of a ray.

Imo ability to click autoaim while driving, avoiding fire, angleing or whatnot is a skill.  Its fair for those who are better at it to use it to their advantage and thats why i think that autoaim plus or just larger area that autoaims would give an unfair advantage

For old players this is way too late but for new players its good ...wait do they even have new player cuz last time l saw this server was dead.

44 minutes ago, TheMarine0341 said:

Hmmm... 

So, how are we supposed to spam chat now if we're promoting a tank for WG, your stream, etc?

good point, or those "kill me for gold" sheriff announcements.....

Also shouldnt their whole five strike policy or whatever it is take care of the chat problems? I thought that was like the whole point of it.

No more chat banned :). Also big thumbs up for spotting changes.

1 hour ago, Rexxie said:

The removal of all chat is... uh, surprising. I can sort of see where they are coming from, but I don't know if removing some of the friendly community aspects of the game is really the way to go. I think allchat should be an opt-in/opt-out instead with more strict enforcement of the rules. I'm a bit biased though - tons of people like to say hi to me. I think most players don't have nearly as much of a reason to care about chat as I do, so I won't be surprised if this goes live as-is.

Agree. Chat builds community, even if it is sometimes dysfunctional. Personally, I use all-chat to say hello, to complement red players, and to joke around.

The other changes are generally really good.

Enemy clickers can't gloat anymore when they land a 1/10000 shot on my light going 60kph? 

I don't really have a problem with that.