MetGreDKo

9.16 supertest

127 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, tajj7 said:

Auto-aim + is fine, it's exactly how the in game auto-aim should work, instead of the fiddly system currently in place.

Its not broken in pubs. Its broken in organized play, where you're able to all, as a group, lock onto the same target with complete safety. 

18 minutes ago, TheMarine0341 said:

Its not broken in pubs. Its broken in organized play, where you're able to all, as a group, lock onto the same target with complete safety. 

Not to mention there are so many different versions claiming to be auto aim+ that whenever I think of it I think of the russian version that leads for you like an aimbot or the german version that autoaims where you aimed it on a tank. All called auto aim+ and I have parkinsons so naturally I should want a mod like auto aim +, but I find no difficulty at all using standard auto aim.

Next Patch:

All Chat Ability:

Pay 10 gold per message to trigger plebs.

Cross team chat turn off can't come soon enough.. The gold crying plebs are back out.. It's like when someone complain about gold you can almost bet money on the fact that it's some yellow/green player, you won't see blue or purple complain about it(rarely).. 

On 9/6/2016 at 9:29 AM, DHP said:

you won't see blue or purple complain about it(rarely).. 

Because that would be quite hypocrite. At least I spam my share of gold, would look like an idiot to complain about it, of course that doesn't stop some people (remembering one E100 yesterday yelling me being gold noob in my tier 8, when he himself fired full HEAT through the game).

Their head is so far up their ass if they dont realize most of the issues with Global Chat involve XVM

Ok, improved spotting system changes gameplay for real. No more poking and using that one sec of invisibility.  Bad news is that test server is lagging all the time and I'm afraid it's caused by spotting. Everything is so unreliable that there is no point in playing TS for now. 

Day 1 - LTs are dead. Like the third time in this year. First retarded physics, second maps and now losing this one sec of invisibility. Light moving slower than 50 km/h is dead if spotted. Firing from a bush and a (even an immediate) withdrawal is pointless because enemy sees you without a delay and with current average aim time on X tier 3 seconds (till 6th sense gives a signal) is more than enough to hit and destroy this uber UP IX MT.

This is how hit log looks like in a battle.

Also video that shows how bad is server. Look at wrecks' gun direction and how my turret is turning 180 degrees without a reason.

2 minutes ago, Hokum15 said:

Is the turret turning when turning the hull in sniper view a bug or intended?

According to WG every bug is a feature.

---

New damaged engine sound

Oh god...the turret turning with the hull would be a sodding nightmare. I really hope this is something related to them testing the new swedish tank "sieged" mode or something of the sort and not an actual functionality which you can't turn off.

That would be a nightmare.

And yeah - yet another passive nerf to light tanks. Not fun. Not fun at all.

On ‎9‎/‎9‎/‎2016 at 8:20 PM, MacusFlash said:

Also video that shows how bad is server. Look at wrecks' gun direction and how my turret is turning 180 degrees without a reason.

That thing with the turret automatically turning seems to only happen with the Cent.AX.No other tank that I've played so far has that problem which is bizarre.This test server has been a massive fail in terms of functionality.The devs should atleast AKNOWLEDGE the fact that these issues exist,even if the don't immediately fix them.They really need to learn from Blizzard or the WoWS devs.

23 minutes ago, robosapieo said:

That thing with the turret automatically turning seems to only happen with the Cent.AX.No other tank that I've played so far has that problem which is bizarre

A moment ago had this on T-62A.

I was playing the T-71, and it was complete nightmare. Want to circle around slow tank? Shot 2 shell from the clip, turret instantly turns on the opposite side of a tank. Multiple times, random occasions. I would say this one was not intended.

This patch is so thoroughly underwhelming. 

You look at the console version getting the Chieftain, an armour viewer etc. and then what we get is so meh. 

Spotting system delay is something tons of people have been bitching about but now that its coming out its a nerf to LT's? AT LEAST 99% of the player base doesnt have the reflexes to make this change meaningful in regards to actually shooting lights. Now when poking ridges you wont have to be exposed for as long.

Currently you ride up to the point where you can peek over, drive a couple meters in parallel to the ridge, then swing back down, in order to be above just long enough for the server perform its spotting checks. Basically a wide truck turn. After the changes you can start turning back down the ridge before you even peek over so that youll be exposed for a smaller amount of time. 

Then theres the effect on peekabooming. How many times have you poked out, gotten shot, and THEN the enemy lights up after hes already behind cover? That shit infuriates me. Even if it is a nerf for light tanks its worth it IMO. Plus once they do this global rebalance bullshit lights should be faster and more agile so it wont be as much of a big deal hopefully.

On 14.9.2016 at 0:09 PM, tajj7 said:

This patch is so thoroughly underwhelming. 

You look at the console version getting the Chieftain, an armour viewer etc. and then what we get is so meh. 

Ehh?

We basically get damage log + how much you have blocked - log, aswell as we now see how much assist we have done, retarded spotting delay gets finally removed, minimaps become more clear, new tank compare which would be really helpful for newbies, as well as adding general stuff from mods making QB mod officially useless outside of...XVM.

Sure it sucks that we dont get Chief or armor viewer, but imo this is one of the better patches lately. It introduces some very nice features. 

11 hours ago, TheSovereign said:

Spotting system delay is something tons of people have been bitching about but now that its coming out its a nerf to LT's? AT LEAST 99% of the player base doesnt have the reflexes to make this change meaningful in regards to actually shooting lights. Now when poking ridges you wont have to be exposed for as long. [...]

Two things. First, from my experience from a current test server most of players are dumb lemmings unable to read map or see what is next to them - in result they make lemming trains in more than half of battles and die like badly written bots. Despite that they shot really well and fast. Many times I was unable to withdraw without taking damage despite pressing S key in 0,1 second after pressing LMB.  Second, on live server pubs use aimbots and that makes their shooting much better when it comes to hit a light tank.

I don't say it's a bad change and it should be canceled. Hell, I think it's way better than it's now with this stupid delay. After all I want to show its disadvantages. Some good spots for LT will be now deadly traps and we all know how few spots remained after changes of maps. 

---

Did I say that hit log does not work in replays? 

EDIT: Right now even autoaim is broken.

How the....dafuq? How do they manage to break all kinds of random shit that they supposedly didnt touch? 

22 hours ago, leggasiini said:

Ehh?

We basically get damage log + how much you have blocked - log, aswell as we now see how much assist we have done, retarded spotting delay gets finally removed, minimaps become more clear, new tank compare which would be really helpful for newbies, as well as adding general stuff from mods making QB mod officially useless outside of...XVM.

Sure it sucks that we dont get Chief or armor viewer, but imo this is one of the better patches lately. It introduces some very nice features. 

Sorry why would I get excited about something that I've had as a mod for like 2 years?

I mean the work was already done for them, I can't imagine much developing time has gone into adding a damage panel.

Copying the work of hard working modders who've improve the game for free and passing it off as a major upgrade patch seems pretty lazy to me.

Sure it's nice they've added this stuff in the game, but I'm not going to congratulate them for it when the patch barely has anything else, especially when the HD models are done by 3rd parties anyway.

For a major update they have

- Integrated some mods where 90% of the work was done by the modders in the first place. 

- Introduced one tier 6 premium

- Introduced a map they made last year

- Fixed the spotting system that should have been fixed like two years ago.

- Put some tanks into HD.

Big whoop.

No real new content, no significant fixes. 

Is my game going to change very much from 9.15 to 9.16? No, in fact I doubt aside the actual downloading anyone would really notice so it's a meh patch IMO.

I'd like something to look forward to, some fixes/changes that actually properly improve the game (like arty for example or a whole host of balance changes for crap tanks) or at least some new content i,e the swedish tanks or new personal missions. 

Well with more and more mods being integrated into the game + the assisted damage view which is not available by mods will maaaaaybe turn to less and less people playing with mods in the first place. Why is this good? - A lot of modpacks feature XVM stats as part of the package. The less people have XVM, maybe the cancerous behaviour of those people will diminish by just a bit. XVM yolo/clicker focus is a thing you know, even for us, blue shitters.

I would literally pay for a possibility to hide my stats, I can only imagine how it is for actually good players.

BTW. I run vanilla for a long time now, and am looking forward to this. Also my ingame tank list settings are set just to see the tank, not the player name. Making it default or even better only available view should be great!

And this spotting upgrade is huge. No more crap like in this replay: http://wotreplays.com/site/2951324#el_halluf-3maj86-fcm_50_t

(fast forward to near the end of the replay where I get killed by cent to see what do I mean)

49 minutes ago, 3MAJ86 said:

The less people have XVM, maybe the cancerous behaviour of those people will diminish by just a bit. XVM yolo/clicker focus is a thing you know, even for us, blue shitters.

FOG of war would be nice in random. 

11 minutes ago, BlackAdder said:

FOG of war would be nice in random. 

It would be a tragedy for all those who want to leave base circle in the first minute of battle.