Shade421

Official Show Off Your Vehicle Thread!!

132 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, Assassin7 said:

that moment when my entire car is only 4 feet longer than the bed on your truck. 

(I just went and measured it lol, its 3.8m long)

Had it mildly chipped, made my own Bio-diesel for it. Easy driving at 65, highway, would net 21 to 22 mpg. Yeah. It was a 2007 BTW.

I now drive a Subaru CrossTrek . . . which I also love for entirely different reasons. will post pics of it, and my 89 5.0 Mustang.

Speaking of modifications, I want to give my Integra a bit more power (mainly in the mid-high ranges as it gets off the line pretty quickly) I dont want to drop a turbo or anything into it, I want something small and discrete if possible.

I already have a sports exhaust system, is there anything I could do to it? Preferably cheaply - but I wont be doing it for a while though. 

to be honest I think the transmission is the buggest issue, its a 4 speed auto which, while has pretty good response time and has sharp changes, sorta leans towards smooth driving and lacks the ratios to suddenly pull out and floor it to overtake another car at 80kph for example

While converting it to a manual is an option, its not something I want to do. 

If it still has a stock air filter change it to a pod filter. Probably the cheapest easy performance mode you can do. Also how it shifts depends a lot on how it's driven. If you reset the ecu by disconnecting the battery for 10 - 15 minutes and then drive it hard it will change how it drives. It will also use a fair bit more juice.

2 hours ago, Assassin7 said:

Speaking of modifications, I want to give my Integra a bit more power (mainly in the mid-high ranges as it gets off the line pretty quickly) I dont want to drop a turbo or anything into it, I want something small and discrete if possible.

I already have a sports exhaust system, is there anything I could do to it? Preferably cheaply - but I wont be doing it for a while though. 

to be honest I think the transmission is the buggest issue, its a 4 speed auto which, while has pretty good response time and has sharp changes, sorta leans towards smooth driving and lacks the ratios to suddenly pull out and floor it to overtake another car at 80kph for example

While converting it to a manual is an option, its not something I want to do. 

Putting a turbo on it is not an easy or cheap mod anyway mate. Uprating a turbo is fairly easy but turning a natural aspirated car like a Honda into a turbo'd car is complicated and expensive.

You would need a thing called a piggy back ECU that basically tells the regular ECU that the turbo is there. To do the job right you probably want to uprate the valves,valve springs,cam shafts,con rods and also the injectors. You'd also want a competition head gasket and a much bigger fuel pump,it's been a long long time since I've modded cars so I've probably missed other things. :-)

I would start with the box! Switching to a manual box just on its own would make a massive difference as you'd be able to screw that engine right up past 5k rpm where the real power is.

With lesser mods you really need to add mods in combination of you want to feel any gain power wise. You have an exhaust which is always the first place to start. The other chap suggested a sports filter which is a good idea,but how about chipping the ECU at the same time? Chipping it basically changes the settings for the fuel/air ratio to be more aggressive and some can increase or remove the rev limiter.

So if you wanted to feel a huge upgrade in performance...change the box for a manual,have the ECU chipped and fit a K&N filter to it,maybe also add a set of competition spark plugs too.

Is your Integra DOHC Vtec?

Nitrous is also a good start point, a simple 50hp dry shot will do wonders, that said install it properly or you will damage your engine. As long as you keep it simple you will be fine.

Shedding weight is good too, start with unsprung weight like the wheels and move to sprung weight like the hood and trunk, seats, AC ect

On 9/7/2016 at 7:33 PM, Shade421 said:

I hadn't even realized they stopped selling the Ranger here but I was never a fan of it anyway. 

The Ranger is the butt of many jokes among people I know.

Since we've started talking about modification...A company has managed to fit a 525HP V8 into the new Miata, while nearly maintaining the 50/50 weight distribution:

ND_parked.jpg

Of course, for what they're charging, the end cost puts it close to the Jaguar F-type I was also considering.

On 9/3/2016 at 9:55 PM, Drunken_Walrus said:

Here's bae, had her just over a month now. IRL cars > vidya tenks.

UTZoDO3.jpg

drCcB0Q.jpg

mmpRDT4.jpg

Took a 3.6L V6 and replaced the engine with the V8 model because I didnt give a shit for the extra $5,000 they tacked on for "features" on the SS. Only thing that needed a bit of readjustment is the suspension.

Race you fucker :^)

2015 Camaro with the 6.2L V8 :kappa:

This car wasn't a good idea for where I live because big city, lots of driving in terms of distance, and poor gas mileage, but the batmobile is fuckin bae <3 I too am also a young piece of shit with a nice car (20) but I bought this thing without a single dime from my parents. 

For those of you who are curious I get 14.5 MPG :minglee:

26 minutes ago, Deusmortis said:

Since we've started talking about modification...A company has managed to fit a 525HP V8 into the new Miata, while nearly maintaining the 50/50 weight distribution:

ND_parked.jpg

Of course, for what they're charging, the end cost puts it close to the Jaguar F-type I was also considering.

Is "Miata" the American name for the MX-5? 525 break in an MX-5 lol insane:PogChamp:. I've drove a few of the older types and without doubt they are one of the best handling and fun cars to drive period! The new shape MX-5 is the nicest one they've ever made imo..

36 minutes ago, Deusmortis said:

the end cost puts it close to the Jaguar F-type I was also considering.

I really liked the F-Types looks.. sadly it felt waaaaay too stiff and was actually not that comfy to drive.. which is really strange for something as luxourious as a Jaguar :feelsbad: 

5 minutes ago, Kolni said:

I really liked the F-Types looks.. sadly it felt waaaaay too stiff and was actually not that comfy to drive.. which is really strange for something as luxourious as a Jaguar :feelsbad: 

This is the problem with sport/comfort steering. You'd actually be really surprised just how comfortable the ride is in my car. Most people expect it to be stiff and garbage; when in actuality I'm almost lying down with none of that vibration or stiffness I'd get from a performance car. Atleast until I switch it to sport mode ofc, but I never do that because there's literally no reason to. So performance cars without a luxury/comfort option = garbage Imo. Cool to have a poster of or have for a track day, but trash as an every day car.

I had this glorious machine for my first few years of college. 1996? Nissan Quest.

DeBdic9.png

I loved that thing, it has personality, and I had tons of fun in it.

Someone ended up hitting the van while it was parked and it wasn't worth fixing, so I got a new car.  I drive an 2015 Acura ILX now, just a civic with more features.  Parents choice, not really mine, because we bought it new for 6k under msrp.  They wanted me to have a safe car after the van.

bSRtqqG.jpg

2 minutes ago, tomhwk said:

Someone ended up hitting the van while it was parked and it wasn't worth fixing, so I got a new car.  I drive an 2015 Acura ILX now, just a civic with more features.  Parents choice, not really mine, because we bought it new for 6k under msrp.  They wanted me to have a safe car after the van.

Reveal hidden contents

bSRtqqG.jpg

**** Left intersection turn intensifies **** 

12 minutes ago, zbran said:

nissan-prairie-photo.jpg

Where do I get one of these beauties?

Am I dad now that I think I would absolutely love a volvo stationwagon, or any hatch/wagon for a dad car, and a s2000 as an weekend car?

My trusty steed. '99 Ford Focus estate. I've had it 7 years and it's a brilliant car, I love it. 

nUoB2D6.jpg

11 minutes ago, tomhwk said:

Am I dad now that I think I would absolutely love a volvo stationwagon, or any hatch/wagon for a dad car, and a s2000 as an weekend car?

90's cars were stronk :D. Volvo/S2000 combination sounds perfect to me if I'm honest Both do exactly what it says on the tin.... :kappa:

4 minutes ago, zbran said:

90's cars were stronk :D. Volvo/S2000 combination sounds perfect to me if I'm honest Both do exactly what it says on the tin.... :kappa:

I also always thought about getting an older miata for a fun car, but the new miata looks amazing, Deusmortis' picture was great.

8 minutes ago, tomhwk said:

I also always thought about getting an older miata for a fun car, but the new miata looks amazing, Deusmortis' picture was great.

If you can find an old Mazda MX-5 for reasonable money then buy it! Super fun car to drive. :-)

5 hours ago, Deusmortis said:

ND_parked.jpg

dont get a fucking jag. 

9 hours ago, zbran said:

Is "Miata" the American name for the MX-5? 525 break in an MX-5 lol insane:PogChamp:. I've drove a few of the older types and without doubt they are one of the best handling and fun cars to drive period! The new shape MX-5 is the nicest one they've ever made imo..

Yes the MX-5 is called the Miata in North America the Eunos in Japan and the MX-5 everywhere else.

13 hours ago, _Assad said:

mmpRDT4.jpg

Took a 3.6L V6 and replaced the engine with the V8 model because I didnt give a shit for the extra $5,000 they tacked on for "features" on the SS. Only thing that needed a bit of readjustment is the suspension.

Race you fucker :^)

2015 Camaro with the 6.2L V8 :kappa:

This car wasn't a good idea for where I live because big city, lots of driving in terms of distance, and poor gas mileage, but the batmobile is fuckin bae <3 I too am also a young piece of shit with a nice car (20) but I bought this thing without a single dime from my parents. 

For those of you who are curious I get 14.5 MPG :minglee:

Looking good man. I almost got mine in black, but goddamn it's hard to keep clean.  Yellow hides shit better than most colors and I'm still practically married to the damn thing.  It's so worth it though, I just love the car.  Like you said they aren't practical, but life's too short to drive boring cars.  It's all about that smiles per gallon :disco:

Once my first wave of mods finds its way through our postal system, I'm totally down for that race :kappa:

17 hours ago, zbran said:

Putting a turbo on it is not an easy or cheap mod anyway mate. Uprating a turbo is fairly easy but turning a natural aspirated car like a Honda into a turbo'd car is complicated and expensive.

You would need a thing called a piggy back ECU that basically tells the regular ECU that the turbo is there. To do the job right you probably want to uprate the valves,valve springs,cam shafts,con rods and also the injectors. You'd also want a competition head gasket and a much bigger fuel pump,it's been a long long time since I've modded cars so I've probably missed other things. :-)

I would start with the box! Switching to a manual box just on its own would make a massive difference as you'd be able to screw that engine right up past 5k rpm where the real power is.

With lesser mods you really need to add mods in combination of you want to feel any gain power wise. You have an exhaust which is always the first place to start. The other chap suggested a sports filter which is a good idea,but how about chipping the ECU at the same time? Chipping it basically changes the settings for the fuel/air ratio to be more aggressive and some can increase or remove the rev limiter.

So if you wanted to feel a huge upgrade in performance...change the box for a manual,have the ECU chipped and fit a K&N filter to it,maybe also add a set of competition spark plugs too.

Is your Integra DOHC Vtec?

uhh, I don't think so.

after a lot of googling I think its this one:

SOHC ZC VTEC

VTEC

• Found in
    • 1991–1993 Honda Civic Ferio EJ3 (JDM)
    • 1992–1995 Honda Civic EJ1 (JDM)
    • 1992–1995 Honda Domani MA4 (JDM)
      • Displacement : 1,590 cc (97 cu in)
      • Bore and Stroke : 75 mm × 90 mm (3.0 in × 3.5 in)
      • Rod Length : 137MM
      • Rod/Stroke : 1.52
      • Compression : 9.2:1
      • Power : 128 hp (95.6 kW, 130 ps) at 6,600 rpm
      • Torque : 107 lb·ft (14.8 kg/m, 145 Nm) at 5,200 rpm
      • Redline : 7,200 rpm
      • Fuel Cut : 7,300 rpm
      • VTEC Switchover : 5,500 rpm
      • Fuel Control : OBD-1 MPFI
      • ECU Code : P70 (Domani), P91 (Civic Coupé), P29

'96 integra DC1.

tomorrow I will go have a look in the actual car and see if it gives me the engine model anywhere, I've never actually properly looked. 

15 hours ago, zbran said:

"Miata", "MX-5" and "MX-5 Miata" are all used pretty interchangeably here.  This is the 3rd I've driven, but the first I've owned.

15 hours ago, Kolni said:

I had a similar experience.  It's one of the things that kept me away from the F-Type.  That, and the fact that I'd be paying 2-3x the price of the MX-5 only to have it spend the majority of its time in an airport parking lot (or a garage, as it turns out)  Decided to go with something I could buy immediately, rather than finance.  

Ride stiffness also made me go for the GT trim rather than the Sport model.  I imagine I'll miss the limited slip differential, especially if I end up driving on snow, but the Sport just felt too uncomfortable for a daily driver.

15 hours ago, tomhwk said:

Have you considered the new Peugeot 5008? 

http://www.topgear.com/car-news/first-look/new-peugeot-5008-here

peugeot_5008_suv_allure_0709styp_012.jpg

Based on my experience with the 2012.5 model, would recommend.

18 hours ago, Psycodiver said:

Nitrous is also a good start point, a simple 50hp dry shot will do wonders, that said install it properly or you will damage your engine. As long as you keep it simple you will be fine.

Shedding weight is good too, start with unsprung weight like the wheels and move to sprung weight like the hood and trunk, seats, AC ect

I want to keep it as OEM as possible. I don't want to race it or anything. I just want a bit more power for overtaking other cars on 100kph roads.  I'm not going to put Nitrous in it, frankly. too expensive and complicated, and im not going to go around pulling out half the interior just to save some weight.