xtc4

problem with too much yoloing after strongholds

12 posts in this topic

Do you have any advice, or at least commiseration, for a problem that I have been having frequently? I find that a night of team play screws up my pub battles for a couple days.

In team play, I get used to our team pushing when we have an advantage.

Even though I know that pub battles are different, I can't stop my "stronghold" reflexes for a couple of days. I'll see in a pub battle that we have the numbers in our part of the map, and I push out reflexively. I obviously have the idea fixed in my mind that the pubbies will go too. Of course, they usually don't go. And I know intellectually that they won't go. But I can't stop myself.  It is like I have gotten addicted to the crack in strongholds and need a couple of days to detox.

I find that playing SPGs and slow tanks for a couple of days helps some, but doesn't cure me.

Do you have this problem also? Any advice?

Just try not to play too aggressively and have a flexible mindset. Before you start playing pub games after stronghold, calm down from all that adrenaline and the mental mindset of invincibility, and mentally say to yourself that you're not playing with an extremely organised team anymore.... or you can attempt communication with your team before you push... though a response is never likely...

You do learn to either be more aggressive after playing a couple of games, or campy if that's your team's style.

I also get that "high" after playing SH games, especially in tier 6 SH were Cromwell zerg rushes are all too common #wgnerfpls kappa

But I did learn to temper that.

First, learn the difference between aggressive and reckless. You should have experienced how certain in SH battles were rushes don't always work, either because your team attacked too soon, ran into an ambush, out of position, RNG detonates your ammo rack etc.

Second, communication. Don't be bossy about it, because everyone thinks they are better than anyone. It never hurts to ask, and to let the rest of the team know your intention. Never just assume. Even a simple "follow me" could make a difference.

Plus, you're on the NA server. No habla Espanol?

Imagine the SEA server, full of squares and Viets, Thais and wallet warrior kiddies.

Third, aside from numbers advantage, keep in mind the HP advantage as well. An aggressive push with a bunch of battered tanks isn't going to fare well if you get ambushed by an autoloader tank.

Maybe take a 30 min break from tanks before going into randoms?

nope. Strongholds and pubs are completely different, I've never had that sort of problem. 

2 minutes ago, Assassin7 said:

nope. Strongholds and pubs are completely different, I've never had that sort of problem. 

Stronks are where I go mentally afk and not give a shit

I tend to actually start focusing if I go into pubs after stronks so it wouldn't matter because Im not on autopilot anymore.

You talk about an issue that you are fully aware of why is there, and you even tell us what the reason is for the problem even occuring, and then you ask others for advice? No one can change nor fix that problem for you, except yourself. I honestly don't get the point of this, you clearly know what the problem to the issue is, then only one person can find the fix for it, you.

Thanks, guys, for the advice and butt-kicking. I think that what often separates the blunicums from us greenies is focus and self-discipline. I often know what to do but can't focus enough to execute. I know that I should not poke a corner. But I poke anyway, knowing as I am poking that I am doing the wrong thing. That may sound strange to more disciplined players, but it is true.

"blunicum" Is that what greens call us? Cuz... I just get called a "teal sh*tter" from the uni's. Moral of the story, there will always be someone better than you.

I have the other problem XTC, I always get yelled at for NOT doing what I was told to do, because my team mates just create all these opportunities for me during stronks. It takes a good 4-5-6 games of yelling to get me to fall in line and do what I'm told. Thats why, I try to make stronks, the LAST THING I do before going to bed -.-"

Just make a triple IS-7 platoon and Yolo balls deep. Problem solved, comrade.