BlackAdder

AppleEvent circlejerk

65 posts in this topic

Quad core Apple :kreygasm:

Damn. So we get Galaxy battery???

let circlejerk starts. Fenks

EDIT2

iPhone

• Apple has sold more than one billion iPhones since the first version launched in 2007. New latest – the iPhone 7 – will wake when lifted up, use Siri to voice activate apps, add contextual predictive typing and include a new version of Maps that allows taxi or hotel bookings from inside the app.
  • There are two new black options, one gloss and one matt, and the new iPhone is water and dust resistant. The display is 25% brighter. iPhone 7 has a 4.7” retina screen and the iPhone 7 Plus a 5.5” retina HD screen.
  • The camera on the iPhone 7 has a better flash, improved lens, image stabilisation, high speed 12MP camera and can capture raw image files. The iPhone 7 Plus has the same wide angle camera but also has a second telephoto camera on the back. A new feature uses machine learning to identify people, and then apply depth of field to the background.
  • iPhone 7 will come in 32GB, 128GB and 256GB starting at $640, and iPhone 7 Plus in 32GB, 128GB 256GB from $769. Pre-orders open 9 September and they ship on 16 September.

AirPods

The daily challenge of untangling Apple’s white earphones will become a thing of the past; Apple announced AirPods, wireless white earphones that can also still be used to take phone calls. Beats also launched the Solo 3 Wireless headphones and two further models. AirPods will ship in late October for $159.

Apple Watch

The new version of Apple Watch will be waterproof to 5om depth, allowing a new range of apps that track swim performance including lap time. It has a new, two-times brighter screen, a faster dual-core processor, a white ceramic case option and built-in GPS, which allows better tracking for running and sports apps, including a new Nike+ version of the AppleWatch available in late October. The new ‘series 2’ Apple Watch will be priced at $369, while series 1 will be dropped to $269 but gain the faster processor of the new watch.

Game apps

Tim Cook introduced Shigeru Miyamoto, now creative fellow at Nintendo and one of the world’s most respected and best loved video game creators, who announced a new Mario game app. Super Mario Run follows a familiar running platform game format and includes a new battle mode called Toad Relay, in which friends can compete across the internet.

• A version of Pokemon Go is launching for the Apple Watch. Niantic founder John Hanke said Pokemon Go players have so far walked 4.6bn kilometres.

EDIT

Some videos (and recap of event)

j8prI0V.png

RJu3J95.jpg

According to the live feed I read its going to have 1-2hrs more battery life over the 'old version'. We will have to wait to see what it's like in 'everyday-environment'.

Why the fuck would you buy a phone that costs as much as a desktop :facepalm:

1 hour ago, zapyoug said:

Why the fuck would you buy a phone that costs as much as a desktop :facepalm:

Please let's not get go in that area. We already spamed two other threads with excessive fanboyism, in short with Android you have cheaper solutions but if you want iOS you have to ply the price. 

EDIT

Please don't start flame war and let us (me) enjoy some new Apple overpriced products. FFS it's Apple circlejerk. 

nf1zCZK.jpg

I bought a galaxy s7 active.... it was super expensive. like $800 or so. -_-' but its pretty durable and water resistant.... much more than the stylish galaxy s7 and other phones.... so was wiling to pay a lot just to get a phone which would physically last me a while even if i drop it coming out of my car (which ishow i cracked all my other 3 phones screens) already the base phone edges have proven its worth and I'll be buying a case sooner or later, for more life proofness. 

I basically just use my phone for GPS via google maps, some talk applications such as kakao talk, slack/discord, and google chrome for mobile web browsing (many tabs op op) so.... its pretty overkill for protecting a simplistic usage of an expensive phone, but thats what i want i guess... oh yea, it has a large battery (4k mAH battery) so It can last a pretty good part of the days w/o charging (but unfortunate I can't swap it out with more batteries like i did with my samsung s4) [previous phones were motorola razor, some shitty free/cheap LG phone, samsung s4]

laugh at me all you want for getting a galaxy phone that more expensive than w/e the new iphone is 

Lol.  Apple removing a basic part of a phone so that they can charge you for even more overpriced dogshit that only they make. 

2 minutes ago, cavman276 said:

Lol.  Apple removing a basic part of a phone so that they can charge you for even more overpriced dogshit that only they make. 

They removed 3.5 connector (which is bad) but they give you wired headphones, wireless ones is option. 

And now seriously fuck off. 

* people buy all kinds of expensive stuff, if you don't like it please just leave it. Don't spam ffs

I bet they don't even include the wired headphones with the adapter.

It sounds like the new phone will come with the adapter, so not really a big deal I guess.  It is something else for you to lose...

Can't charge the phone and use the adapter at the same time...

http://www.theverge.com/circuitbreaker/2016/9/7/12839030/apple-iphone-7-headphone-adapter-replacement-pricing

4 minutes ago, BlackAdder said:

And now seriously fuck off. 

* people buy all kinds of expensive stuff, if you don't like it please just leave it. Don't spam ffs

But it's so easy, Apple are such a big fat target what with their whole whitetastic view on the world. Seriously, I can imagine Apple as the Evil Corporation in just about every dystopian SF...

Okay, we'll stop triggering you now. Maybe.

I feel it's worth adding that almost every iPhone owner I know is a hipster on one level or another... ;-)

5 minutes ago, OOPMan said:

Okay, we'll stop triggering you now. Maybe.

I feel it's worth adding that almost every iPhone owner I know is a hipster on one level or another... ;-)

I'm not triggered, it's just pointless.

Why people buy Veyron when you have GTR for 1/10 of Veyron price (even with mad mods)

Why people buy penthouse on Manhattan when you can have house in the Bronx

Why people eat steak when you have KFC.

Why some like male partners instead of female

The list goes on and on, and I don't jump on every thread and start a flame war. There is nothing good in that.

I started Apple thread since I like their products. Maybe we have more members like me, and we can discuss changes / upcoming news without being fucked about price and overpriced arguments. Because flaming brings nothing new valuable, it's really not necessary. Again everybody has their own opinion and preference, and we don't need judgment and spam. Like i said before, if you don't like it just skip it. Simple as that. (you clearly hate apple and i'm fine with that)

@BlackAdder

i like apple too, i own a mac and an Ipad mini, like i said i like the 7 i might get it (tho i am a poor college student now). The only thing i disagree with is the headphones, its a great design and all but that price IMO is ridiculous.

The first iPhone was amazing.  I don't think you can really debate that.  After the first couple generations Apple got lazy and the other players kept pushing new/better features.

Apple does charge WAY the F too much for additional memory for the phones.

One day they will unveil the army product called iSheep.

I like how people are retarded enough to defend apple for removing the headphone jack

If you are selecting a brand to be loyal to and then scrambling to justify it after the fact, the brand is shit. If you find yourself having to do mental gymnastics to continue justifying the brand loyalty, the brand is shit.

Apple has consistently and continuously been predatory, anti-consumer, and anti-free market since the original iPhone, and it's only getting worse. There is no good reason to remove that jack other than forcing people to spend more money on proprietary accessories. Any other excuse given is a lie. There's no reason to buy apple consumer products other than you need compatibility with work computers/programs, or you want to show off how much money you burned on your phone. That's it.

I'll admit the thump print scanner thing on the newer iPhones is pretty cool and actually useful, but that's really the only reason in my eyes why I would want an iPhone.  Otherwise, you can get a better phone for less money, while not needing to deal with all the apple BS.  

Heck, the "wakes up when you pick it up" is a feature my 1st gen Moto X has.  I guess a difference is that the Moto X doesn't actually "wake up" and bring you to the lock screen, but instead does a low power use sort of lock screen instead (so still better than the New and Improved™ iPhone 7 thing).  Doesn't zap my battery from the screen always getting turned on, but I don't need to fish for the power button either to start shitposting memes on the go.  This is a phone I got almost three years ago for either $100 or $50.  

It even had more color options than an iPhone, with 26 back colors, 2 front colors, and 4 different types of legit wood to use :^)

3 things.

Firstly, How to charge + play headphones or run into auxiliary chord at the same time?
Quite a major design flaw in regards to that, no matter the excuse apple will give us. 

Secondly, Those ear buds are going to get lost so easily. They're just two fucking pills. 

Thirdly, adaptors suck. Especially for headphones. Removing the headphone jack because its too big, just to add a bulkier adaptor that protrudes from the phone even more than the headphone chord already is just counter-intuitive. 

They needed to wait a generation to remove the headphone jack and invested more into wireless technology first. They really half-assed their attempt of utilising wireless technology. Not that its really an upgrade. Besides, still no wireless charging... That could have solved the issue with running an auxiliary chord.

2 minutes ago, MagicalFlyingFox said:

Secondly, Those ear buds are going to get lost so easily. They're just two fucking pills. 

What if that's the purpose :kwim:

1 minute ago, MagicalFlyingFox said:

3 things.

Firstly, How to charge + play headphones or run into auxiliary chord at the same time?
Quite a major design flaw in regards to that, no matter the excuse apple will give us. 

Thirdly, adaptors suck. Especially for headphones. Removing the headphone jack because its too big, just to add a bulkier adaptor that protrudes from the phone even more than the headphone chord already is just counter-intuitive. 

They needed to wait a generation to remove the headphone jack and invested more into wireless technology first. They really half-assed their attempt of utilising wireless technology. Not that its really an upgrade. Besides, still no wireless charging... That could have solved the issue with running an auxiliary chord.

that's another thing i was thinking, why not have some sort of small string or something attaching them? 159$ and nothing to keep you from losing them

Don't worry guys, Beats^TM is going to save us all with their wireless headphones!

definitely not more money to apple or will not be overpriced and still end up sounding the same or worse than my current $15 sony pair of earphones

So tell me why has apple decided that the corded headphones are last century and that their $160 wireless earphones are the future in sound technology?

1 hour ago, LeoAegisMaximus said:

So tell me why has apple decided that the corded headphones are last century and that their $160 wireless earphones are the future in sound technology?

Because Apple, that's dumbest move from them.

1. You can't charge and listen

2. Lightning is prone to break

3. AirPods are easy to lost (accidentally) and probably shit quality 

4. Adapters

That's dumb move, but you can embrace it or leave it. I don't like it but i do like new phone with new warranty. That's trade off that i used to do since iPhone 4 (before they were shit).