ThomChen114

I just got the SU-100M1...

43 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Treeburst said:

Going to have to disagree on the tier 9. Tier 8 hit points combined with tier 6.5 armor and essentially a fixed forward firing gun don't make for a "great" tank. 

That is discounting completely the the fact that you'll lose multiple crew and/or modules for each of the 3-4 shots it takes to kill you. 

perhaps in the current meta, mind you i stopped playing WoT in oct. 2015 my boy. and it was long before that when i played the 54, so the meta, the maps, and the available tanks were very different from what they are now. And as a result the tank could function well in the right hands, especially with its DPM.

On 1.11.2016 at 0:24 PM, soulsouljah said:

Well, compared to the 416 you at least have better DPM, Pen and arguably armour.

http://tanks.gg/wot/compare#t:su-101.c:jpanther-ii.c:su-101;4m00000.c:obj-416

Compared to the JP2 just everything is worse^^

b2t: Bought 122-54 yesterday, it's not too bad. Better than the T8. Props not as stronk as Jagdtiger but workable.

10 mm more HEAT is nothing to write home about.

Just look at the soft stats (+turret and camo) and you will realize why the 416 is the best tier 8 TD...

P.S.

You used 100 mm gun on the SU-101, when 122 is probably the better choice (if you play with 100 mm, why you play the tank, and not the 416 anyway?). You do lose any DPM advantage you have, but alpha outweighs is. Aim time sucks, thou.

Dude, I never wrote that the SU-101 is better than the OPject416. 

And i tried the 122mm for several rounds, its just disgustingly bad. The aimtime and DPM is horrible. You cant abuse the alpha bc the tank sucks at peeking since it has barely armour, rear mounted gun, low health and no gundepression. It just doesnt work. so you need to stay further back and snipe (which works much better with the 100) or if you're lucky and toptier bully enemys with the really nice DPM of the 100mm.

btw did you even play the su101? cant find it in your service record...

€ To say something good about the 122mm: don't need to waste 60k freeXP on the Tier9 :serb:

31 minutes ago, soulsouljah said:

Dude, I never wrote that the SU-101 is better than the OPject416. 

And i tried the 122mm for several rounds, its just disgustingly bad. The aimtime and DPM is horrible. You cant abuse the alpha bc the tank sucks at peeking since it has barely armour, rear mounted gun, low health and no gundepression. It just doesnt work. so you need to stay further back and snipe (which works much better with the 100) or if you're lucky and toptier bully enemys with the really nice DPM of the 100mm.

btw did you even play the su101? cant find it in your service record...

No, I have not (one of the rare tanks in WOT i have not). I simply stated that Obj 416 is a better platform for 100 mm. I thought you wanted something with different taste. Why to play SU-101 and 100 mm gun? You can spam HEAT with better results in 416 (just look soft stats), and since you actually have a turret (even 120 degrees one) you can do medium things and flank, so save on gold.

The whole line is a dead end, anyway, right after tha SU-100 branching.

SU 122 54 is also useless, and OBJ 263 is just 2-2 through gun mantles, and arty bait, low-alpha, low hp TD with shit armor against gold rounds.

Sweet spot for Soviet TDs are SU-85B (at least back in vision meta, with 390 view range), SU-100-122, SU-152, and ISU. Rest is garbage(all others) or meh (704).

No need to go any further. Era of TDs is over, there are only some nice niches with monstrous alpha/turreted ones like T-67. Jagdtiger is an exception, but it has all except the turret, nice, but not huge alpha, dpm, penetration, accuracy, shell speed, and 2100 hp, more than any other tank in tier, even the Jap heavies.

I can't imagine the 122mm is any good on the tank. The two guns are maybe sorta balanced if you play without using any gold ammo, but when HEAT makes their pen virtually identical I don't think you'd want to drop 600-700 DPM, obliterate your gun handling, and make your tank .5 hp/ton slower for the sake of 120 alpha.

A bigger punch is always better, but that's ARL 44 levels of self mutilation for pen.

2 hours ago, Rexxie said:

I can't imagine the 122mm is any good on the tank. The two guns are maybe sorta balanced if you play without using any gold ammo, but when HEAT makes their pen virtually identical I don't think you'd want to drop 600-700 DPM, obliterate your gun handling, and make your tank .5 hp/ton slower for the sake of 120 alpha.

A bigger punch is always better, but that's ARL 44 levels of self mutilation for pen.

Good move from WG for making that gun as an option. At least it is a better choice for tomatoes. Overall better Chai sniper for red line campers that fire AP only, at least it gives them chance to participate a little bit.

You would not believe how many idiots do not fire gold from guns that are basically build around goldspam (like T-54), but they lack the common sense, situational awareness or simply balls to actually try to flank, or make circle of death.

I would rather have ARL with long 90 firing AP than idiot who does not use gold/know weakspots/overmatch zones. At least they could do some dmg before they die, and delay the opponents (when I bounce 2 AP shots in a row that you know can not penetrate you, I usually rush.).

Then they cry in chat 10 hits, 0 penetrations. 

I use the 90mm F3 gun on my arl44. Whether you shoout 6 or 7 rounds per minute...

Got me su100 yesterday, just a week or 2 removed from my endgoal, the su100m1.

And from what I have heared and seen, mounting the 122 on the 101 is one of the stupidest thing you can do in wot. The 101 is more medium tank than TD with despressing gun depression, and you can rush along side your medium buddies but than you do need to DPM the living crap out of them.. and also hitting every shot is advisable. That 122 cant do either.

On 5.11.2016 at 1:52 PM, bask185 said:

I use the 90mm F3 gun on my arl44. Whether you shoout 6 or 7 rounds per minute...

Got me su100 yesterday, just a week or 2 removed from my endgoal, the su100m1.

And from what I have heared and seen, mounting the 122 on the 101 is one of the stupidest thing you can do in wot. The 101 is more medium tank than TD with despressing gun depression, and you can rush along side your medium buddies but than you do need to DPM the living crap out of them.. and also hitting every shot is advisable. That 122 cant do either.

F3 gun is the sweetest you can use, if you use gold rounds when needed. You are basically counting on good soft stats and gold penn to protect you, by limiting the exposure. How effective this tactic is gonna be, depends on your skills, and your opponents vehicle. You can outplay Soviet heavies (not the KV-85-100) that way, but M6 or VK not so much, and O-I is simply gonna derp you.

With 105 mm, you are simply trading shots, also a viable tactic with 330 gold alpha.

I liked F3 gun the most of all available, however, had no money for gold rounds back then (and no knowledge of weakspots).

So, for noobs the highest penetration gun is usually still the best choice. They also mostly select the gun by looking which one has the highest tier number written on it. 

All in all, 122 has its uses. But to have it in same tier as ISU, and somebody to play it at all (and tier higher 704 vs SU 122-54) is a mystery to me. Both tier X are crap, so why bother.

Well i think the 263 is one of the better TDs remaining.

I more or less only started the grind bc TDs were 30% off 3 weeks ago and i wanted to do some (260)TD Missions, so why not grind when already plaing TDs. + The line is kinda challenging and I'm one of those retards that like to play rather underwhelming tanks than the OP ones (E5 nearly untouched since HD buff, Skoda T50 bought 2 months ago, barely 50k XP grinded since i got autoloader :serb:)

The tier IX foch, amx ac48, su122-54 and the object 263 look actually somewhat fun to play to me. They are fast and have working armor (except for su122-54).

Other than these (+ my tortoise) I dont even want any high tier TD, they are either incredibly slow (T28, T95), most are just broken like the deathstars and that inpenetrable T110e3 and an individual is actally OP (grille 15)  and I really dont want any 750+ dam guns in my garage.

Besides even some of the noobs know that it is better to steer their tank to the other side of the map whevener they come across a Jp e100, deathstar or T110e3 rather than to try and fight them. I cannot imagine that a T110e3 or jp E100 is fun to play even when you sit hulldown, as nobody wants to play with you. Comming across one of those TDs is just... a nuissance

At one moment I thought: perhaps that the conway is somewhat fun... till I saw it's 35 km/h top speed.. so I will get an object 263 one day and perhaps an amx ac48 and a foch but that is it for me. Untill WG either deletes or fixes tier X TD, the teams with most of those will still lose on an average basis.

As someone who grinded the entire line the hard way, solo pub with zero free exp used... this is a miserable line. Pure chai sniping tanks just does not win enough battles when solopubbing.

I can safely say the su-100m1 is the worst of the bunch. It is sorely outclassed by the SU-122-44 premium and JP with 88mm gun (which is not a good gun choice on that). The camo is actually pretty worthless due to it being practically zero after firing. With no alpha, rear mounted gun, and no armor to speak of (gun shield is a big weakspot that is shot at by autoaim, that low tiers pen with ease); it performs poorly at anything that isn't chai sniping. With the current map pool, chai sniping out of vision range is poor in terms of winning battles. Vehicles that can only chai snipe and do nothing else suffers badly in this meta; the su-100m1 ends up being a bottom of the barrel tank in terms of influencing a match. The su-100m1 isn't even that good at chai sniping....  T9 heavies make you shit bricks, even IS-3s/110s or a properly angled KT make you cry.

People say the su-101 is bad because they don't know how to make that gun depression work. It's difficult, but not impossible. On the few places where you can actually hull down, the su-101 actually does an ok job, with good (gold) pen, dpm, and workable superstructure armor. This tank is sorely outclassed by the object 416, but at least it didn't make me want to pull hairs out every single battle, which the m1 did.

I hated the su-122-54 a fair bit. The armor is pretty crap in practice; I bounced more things with my ISU than this thing. I felt like a waffle pz4 with a broken turret and 75% gunner, for a benefit not getting penned by T49s. The camo is once again, not very useful. RoF is too high to spot your own targets and abuse camo properly; you will either have terribad effective DPM to abuse camo, or you will have someone else spot and not make use of the camo at all. I'd much rather be in an ISU or JT than than the 122-54. But on the bright side, I didn't hate it as bad as the 100m1; at least this thing can pen anything it faces against, and can brawl against low tiers.

Then there's the object 263.. which I didn't enjoy at all. Too many battles of getting absolutely wrecked by potatoes derping my gun shield/superstructure with HE, which frequently kill/break a lot of crew/modules and cause fires. Too many battles of gold ammo going through the gun shield like butter, and there is nothing you can do about it. Once again, pure chai sniping just does not win you enough battles when solopubbing. The once in a blue moon chance of an amazing malinovka game is there.. but I don't feel it's worth suffering the remaining battles for that one battle of awesomeness.

i just got the upgraded 100mm gun on the SU-100M1.

my conclusion on this tank? it definitely has no Russian bias behind it, absolutely relies on allies to carry since it's carry potential is pretty low. I have to play this kinda like the Flak Bus, just expect to get damaged if someone so much as looks at me with even a 76mm gun

Great sniper, only the jp compares to it in that role at t7. it is like a buffed, faster nashorn, with lower pen and worse gun arc.

Just got this for the on track and played a game. Welp, what a POS. SU-144-22 levels of horribad gun arc/depression with the infuriating complication of a rear mounted casemate. I literally can't aim at shit right in front of me half the time without fumbling around and readjusting my hull. Were it not for the crippling awkwardness it would be an SU-122-44 with a different gun, but instead it's just plain inferior. Time to sit in in the one bush on Himmelsdorf and hope for the best!

EDIT 20ish game review: What a shitbox. Crippling gun arc with shit pen and bad alpha. Armor's only useful against tier 5ish, giant pain the ass just to get your gun on anything. Even when top tier trying to frontline is suicidal because it's impossible to engage anything with this atrocious gun configuration. DPM is on the high end for 7 TDs, but who fucking cares? You usually get one shot for 250 alpha and then they get 5 seconds to duck and cover, every other TD's 320 would just be more efficient 75% of the time. Bad at everything except 350m+ DPM sniping against tanks with unexceptional armor, which in current game terms means, "fucking useless". The mobility, gun control, and accuracy are all nice, but they fundamentally mean fuck all when you can't engage anything without getting demolished outside a sniping scenario. The impotence sniping against tier 8 and 9 heavies is all the more pathetic when you consider this POS can't pen many enemies in the ONE scenario it's completely pigeon holed into.

Meh, honestly not bad. It won't shake your panties off but it's not too bad. Haven't checked the stats in detail but i think it got the low track traverse treatement of the 263 and 268.4. Armor ain't too bad and penetration is insane. 250 alpha is a bit low thought. It could have had a 100mm gun with 320 alpha it wouldn't have break this tank tbh.

I have played it now.

I think it's quite nice for a tier 7 turret-less TD. I enjoyed top config Challenger more though due to an existence of turret, but this one has armour which works in quite a few matchups. The gun has bad accuracy though and it hurts quite a bit.