leggasiini

Ikv 65 Alt II, tier 6 TD

63 posts in this topic

There is tier 3, 4 and 5 TDs, but im too lazy to do seperate threads for them.

Anyway:

https://thearmoredpatrol.com/

CnbunQ9pox0.jpg

HP: 580
Engine: 215 hp
Weight: 11 tons
Power-to-weight: 19,55 hp/ton
Max speed: 60/-20 km/h
Hull traverse speed: 32 degrees/second
Terrain resistance values: 1,055/1,247/2,301
View range: 350 m
Radio range: 615 m
Hull armor: 15/10/? mm

Gun: 9 cm Bofors L/53
Alpha Damage: 240/240/320
Penetration: 195/270/45 mm
Damage Per Minute: 1877,1
Rate Of Fire: 7,821 rounds/minute
Reload time: 7,671 seconds
Accuracy: 0.307

Aimimg time: 1,82 seconds

Depression/Elevation: – 10/+12

sweden-s08_ikv_65_alt_2_2
sweden-s08_ikv_65_alt_2_4
sweden-s08_ikv_65_alt_2_3

https://thearmoredpatrol.com/2016/09/19/supertest-ikv-65-alt-ii/

---------------------------------------

Looks very fun. 0.3 accuracy + nice aim time + 60kph top speed + -10 depression + 270mm APCR at tier 6. It can literally just autoaim at tier 8 heavies and just flat out pen it.

Looks almost bit OP at current state, especially when compared to other tier 6 TDs, which tend to be rather mediocre apart few special cases. Then again, it seems to be fairly big and it has completely no armor, so i guess its balanced.

It seems like a keeper if it stays like this.

I was thinking it too. It seems like actually decent counter to O-Is, because it has so high APCR pen that it can flat out penetrate O-I from literally everywhere (even from sloped upper plate), and its also accurate so there is that.

Gonna be OP in the first patch after release and then pubs will learn how to kill it. As always. Gun and mobility are OP but defense (assuming that camo sucks) is UP. 

BTW this max 15mm armor means that every howitzer with AP shells will bring a judgment day for this TD. 

1 hour ago, MacusFlash said:

Gonna be OP in the first patch after release and then pubs will learn how to kill it. As always. Gun and mobility are OP but defense (assuming that camo sucks) is UP. 

BTW this max 15mm armor means that every howitzer with AP shells will bring a judgment day for this TD. 

Fortunately most of us will probably grind through it then move the crew on so we'll only play it during the first patch.

Idk about it. It fundamentally has the same basic problems as the Nashorn. Much better than the Nashorn granted, but that tank sucks in the current map meta for a reason and idk if this will do much better.

On 9/21/2016 at 2:20 AM, Tupinambis said:

Idk about it. It fundamentally has the same basic problems as the Nashorn. Much better than the Nashorn granted, but that tank sucks in the current map meta for a reason and idk if this will do much better.

More like Flakwagen - like surviability.

Nashorn has very high gun mount, so "hull down" is viable - very hard to hit the tiny sliver of gun shield, since you are the most accurate gun in its tier, you have to find a gentle slope, and a kill zone of 350-400 m. And arty free match...Nashorn can get OP positioning once in 6-7 games, this not so. Almost M3 lee-like gun position...i wonder if gun depression would cover enough of it.

Looks underhwelming to me, it's a turret less Hellcat with worse DPM.

On 9/20/2016 at 0:27 PM, cavman276 said:

Oh good.  More glass cannons.

Stop and think about it, this isn't such a terrible development. The armor meta isn't that magical. And a tier 6 that may even give the mighty IS-3 pause? That can only do good for the game.

As for the thing itself, we don't know the camo ratings and its hard to get a scale for how bulky it really is. Also whether or not the new line will get access to new and unique equipment loadouts. But even in spite of the underwhelming DPM, the sheer accuracy, penetration, depression, and mobility will let the IKV-65II (henceforth dubbed 'doorstop') have some niche. You know what everyone likes? Not getting shafted by RNG. Seems to be just the gun for that job.

Also the shape and proportions of the doorstop are kind of cute actually. Low and a little bit fat, kind of like a Welsh Corgi.

Guys, an ELC-padding sage once said " You bounce every shot that miss" and I think it applies on the tank, or the line in general. These tanks are tiny! And who the fuck expect well-armored Tier6 TD anyway?  

Camo shouldn't be too bad.

Size:
Length: 4,85m (with gun: 7,15m)
Width: 2,75m
Height: 2,3m

To put that into perspective, here's for the AMX-13:

Length: 4,88m (with gun: 6,36m)
Width: 2,51m
Height: 2,35m

On 9/22/2016 at 6:07 PM, Nekommando said:

Guys, an ELC-padding sage once said " You bounce every shot that miss" and I think it applies on the tank, or the line in general. These tanks are tiny! And who the fuck expect well-armored Tier6 TD anyway?  

i'd argue the British Assault TD AT 8, but that's pockmarked with weakspots. Maybe SU-100 because Russia?

Cant explain this, but the t6 TD just clicks with me. T5 is horrendus. If you consider buying to t8 then I'd recommend giving t6 a try.

9 hours ago, Vesirott said:

Cant explain this, but the t6 TD just clicks with me. T5 is horrendus. If you consider buying to t8 then I'd recommend giving t6 a try.

Small fast tank with dank depression and good handling gun, yeah the IKEA65 can be a good tank.

I still need to get the top gun, but so far I don't like the tank at all. The gun has mediocre alpha and terrible DPM, it has no armor, no HP, can't spot anything for itself, bad gun handling, no APCR option. Gun depression seems almost completely useless on a tank that can't make use of terrain. Experience so far is trying to make use of my camo/mobility, getting outspotted by a heavy or TD, and then getting nuked immediately. Or trying to play like a support TD before realizing my damage output is garbage.

Yeah, it has gun depression. So does the Jackson. The Jackson's gun is better in every single way. It has good view range. It has much better gun handling. The Jackson has some armor. The Jackson has a turret. You could cut the Ikv 65 Alt II's HP/rof and it'd be just fine at T5.

7 hours ago, Rexxie said:

I still need to get the top gun, but so far I don't like the tank at all. The gun has mediocre alpha and terrible DPM, it has no armor, no HP, can't spot anything for itself, bad gun handling, no APCR option. Gun depression seems almost completely useless on a tank that can't make use of terrain. Experience so far is trying to make use of my camo/mobility, getting outspotted by a heavy or TD, and then getting nuked immediately. Or trying to play like a support TD before realizing my damage output is garbage.

Yeah, it has gun depression. So does the Jackson. The Jackson's gun is better in every single way. It has good view range. It has much better gun handling. The Jackson has some armor. The Jackson has a turret. You could cut the Ikv 65 Alt II's HP/rof and it'd be just fine at T5.

Whole line is terrible, a genuine free exp sink at least until tier 8 (and that one is also bottom feeder).

Tiers 4-5 are downright unplayable.

I didn't think the T5 was that bad; 300 alpha/120 pen is pretty strong at T5, even with the horrible gun handling. It was a shitty version of the S35 CA, which is fair enough because the S35 is probably the best T5 TD. I don't even know what you're supposed to do with the T6; what's the point of a tank that has no alpha, no dpm, no armor, and no turret? With the T5 I could just derp someone a couple times and call it a day, the Ikv 65 is like an ELC with a damaged engine driven by Stevie Wonder.

The T7 isn't giving me hope either, it looks exactly like the T6 with just enough of a gun improvement that you can call it a bargain bin SU-100M1 instead.

I agree. The tier 6 is garbage. At least the tier 5 was unique with great alpha and -15 gun depression. I think the tier 5 might actually have more DPM that the tier 6. 

I like how WG thinks they can remove all the  bushes and still use high camo as a balancing factor for tanks.