leggasiini

Ikv 65 Alt II, tier 6 TD

63 posts in this topic

This tank is such a meme. It goes 60, has a decent gun, and enough camo to abusive the shit view range at T6. Outside of that its pretty cancer. The 230 HEAT is dope, though. 

Oh. and it can boost. 

dO0yX9r.jpg

On 3.03.2017 at 7:59 PM, Rspctd said:

This tank is such a meme. It goes 60, has a decent gun, and enough camo to abusive the shit view range at T6. Outside of that its pretty cancer. The 230 HEAT is dope, though. 

Oh. and it can boost. 

dO0yX9r.jpg

Standard ammo bounces waayy to often for the pen it has. it's super frustrating given trash trier DPM.

The tier 7 in this line has been the only tank I've skipped. If we ever get paid for Silver, I'll skip the rest of the 103-0 cause FML that gun is derpy. I did enjoy the T6 Ikv enough to not hate grinding it out

40 minutes ago, TheMarine0341 said:

The tier 7 in this line has been the only tank I've skipped. If we ever get paid for Silver, I'll skip the rest of the 103-0 cause FML that gun is derpy. I did enjoy the T6 Ikv enough to not hate grinding it out

Tbh I hated the t5 too.. The shell speed was so slow and heat so unreliable when not top trier that I'd rather be driving an alecto with t5 mm.

17 minutes ago, hazzgar said:

Tbh I hated the t5 too.. The shell speed was so slow and heat so unreliable when not top trier that I'd rather be driving an alecto with t5 mm.

But, it was only a tier 5 and the alpha could be hilarious sometimes!

5 minutes ago, TheMarine0341 said:

But, it was only a tier 5 and the alpha could be hilarious sometimes!

The problem is there are other tanks with same alpha on trier5. BDR gets same alpha and more pen and hp and armor, OI - Exp isn't even much slower and has more hp and pen and faster shells, same for a ton of td's that also get higger pen. Same for T5 derp meds. 

I have actually quite enjoyed this tank and have had some great games on it while i have had it..

See videos below if interested

Although im not sure how i will get on with the tier 7 one, about 8k xp left to grind... will let you know how i get on

Regards,

Solarflare

I bought it and tried it. It is nowhere near as bad as people say.

960m/s shell velocity is perfectly fine, it is basically the same as jp4's apcr (966m/s). It is plenty fast enough to nail moving tanks on ridges without arcing overhead.

Camo value is high enough to play vision (with binocs) on most maps given how blind tier 6 - 8 tanks are in general.

Gun depression and high reverse acceleration allows many bush on a hill crest positions to be abused.

For the most part, I acted as a pre-nerf elc amx with a 75% driver.

On 21.05.2017 at 5:00 AM, Hally said:

I bought it and tried it. It is nowhere near as bad as people say.

960m/s shell velocity is perfectly fine, it is basically the same as jp4's apcr (966m/s). It is plenty fast enough to nail moving tanks on ridges without arcing overhead.

Camo value is high enough to play vision (with binocs) on most maps given how blind tier 6 - 8 tanks are in general.

Gun depression and high reverse acceleration allows many bush on a hill crest positions to be abused.

For the most part, I acted as a pre-nerf elc amx with a 75% driver.

I agree I was to harsh about it after picking it up again and finishing the grind but it's still a shitty tank. HE pens it even more than the nashorn and inertia means when you want to turn/stop you often miss the direction where you wanted to end up. That is why playing like an ELC is a bit hard. 

I now know why I felt the shells were slow. It wasn't the shells but the slow gun traverse that made me miss. While the camo is amzing and it can abuse vision - any good player can abuse vision at t6. So it's nothing special. The low dpm is still a problem and the new arty changes hit this thing really hard since you are one of the few tank that arty will full pen. 

I think it would be decent if the gun was placed higher but since that is not possible buffing the dpm or making it better at turning and shooting would make it decent

19 hours ago, Jesse_the_Scout said:

You know a tank is bad when you load up a top tier game and have zero confidence in winning. This is just such a tank.

I take it that you haven’t played the tier 7? It’s MUCH worse. 

Just started playing this, after reading the thread I was expecting the worst - luckly for me it isn't. Its playable, I'm trying to use gun depression and mobility to do almost medium-like maneuvers and so far MM is allowing me to do so. I guess it will be pretty awful when I will start getting city maps. 

Also, about tier 5 - at the beginning I hated it, at the end of the grind I loved it. Really fun and competent vehicle.