flare_phoenix

Chrysler K - new T8 prem American heavy

128 posts in this topic

The Americans made so many "K tanks", so I have no idea which one this is.

Looks fuggly, though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks awful, pathetic armor for a heavy with hurr durr rear mounted turret. Tons of horsepower rendered moot by a non-soviet 30 kph speed limit. Lame gun. You'd basically have to stand in front of it shooting the turret for it to be a threat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

any chance of them buffing this to be like a tier VII American VK45.02(B)?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is no reason for a 20hp/ton to only do 30kph, change to 50kph and the tank would be good. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

am I now required to play cancer to purge the game of this abomination once it goes live :eww:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The bastard child of a vk4502b and a t-54 only with none of the good bits of either. Someone should tell WG that the key to telling a good joke is to make it funny.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like an Obj 416 before it got smashed to a pancake (or an inflated Obj 416)

It gets a crap gun and crap armor, so i guess this tank can wont be ``soo good``, unless it gets a serious buff

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bad tank is a bad tank. 

Mobility is surprisingly good - better ground resistances and Power-to-weight ratio than main tier VIII HTs but crippled with 30 km/h max speed limit. It looks like that WG is creating "wiggle this hull" tank.

Gun - it simply won't work. The only reason why this gun works on T32 is -10 gun depression and turret armor. I think that WG should give it T26E5 gun.

Armor - butter for its own tier and above. Useless sidecrap with only 76.2mm of side armor. Decent turret armor except ebola cupola. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Chrysler has fetish for making ugliest tanks ever.

While this thing already makes my eyes bleed, its awfully normal and not that ugly compared to something more terrifying designed by Chrysler...

 

Behold... TV-8:

Kuvahaun tulos haulle chrysler tv-8

:eww::eww::eww::eww::eww:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Imagine if they put TV-8 in game and when it burns it deals AOE radiation damage...God help us if one of them get ammoracked.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, leggasiini said:

Chrysler has fetish for making ugliest tanks ever.

While this thing already makes my eyes bleed, its awfully normal and not that ugly compared to something more terrifying designed by Chrysler...

 

Behold... TV-8:

Kuvahaun tulos haulle chrysler tv-8

:eww::eww::eww::eww::eww:

Looks like a Zeppelin attached to some tracks.

Also, the shottrapping would be hilarious ingame if it were to get implemented.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, leggasiini said:

Chrysler has fetish for making ugliest tanks ever.

While this thing already makes my eyes bleed, its awfully normal and not that ugly compared to something more terrifying designed by Chrysler...

 

Behold... TV-8:

Kuvahaun tulos haulle chrysler tv-8

:eww::eww::eww::eww::eww:

Ammorack rekts entirety of both teams in a nuclear blast

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, leggasiini said:

Chrysler has fetish for making ugliest tanks ever.

While this thing already makes my eyes bleed, its awfully normal and not that ugly compared to something more terrifying designed by Chrysler...

 

Behold... TV-8:

Kuvahaun tulos haulle chrysler tv-8

:eww::eww::eww::eww::eww:

This is why we don't let Chrysler design things anymore. It looks like a retro-futuristic tank, like I would not be surprised if it showed up in an episode of Futurama; it doesn't but I wouldn't be surprised if it did.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, M4A3E8sherman said:

Looks like Object 430 II ate too much Mcdonalds.

Came here to say that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, MacusFlash said:

Gun - it simply won't work. The only reason why this gun works on T32 is -10 gun depression and turret armor. I think that WG should give it T26E5 gun.

It was designed for the 105mm in mind, so that's what it gets

 

However there is plenty of room to rebalance the gun's pen for the better

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Legiondude said:

It was designed for the 105mm in mind, so that's what it gets

 

However there is plenty of room to rebalance the gun's pen for the better

^^^

An example is to give it the M46 Patton's 105mm (T5E1M2?), as it's a similar 105mm T5E2 on the T29 IRL (just lighter, but IIRC fired the same ammunition). The T29/T32's 105mm T5E2 stats (198 AP 320 alpha) is what this Chrysler K tank seems to have.

Having that 390 alpha, 218 AP/265 APCR 105mm on a tier 8 HT with a decent reload (10.5 second base reload maybe?) could make it a lot more palatable in the firepower department.

Bump the top speed up to 45 and it can prove to be a unique heavium if it keeps the terrain resistance and engine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/16/2016 at 7:34 AM, Flametz said:

^^^

An example is to give it the M46 Patton's 105mm (T5E1M2?), as it's a similar 105mm T5E2 on the T29 IRL (just lighter, but IIRC fired the same ammunition). The T29/T32's 105mm T5E2 stats (198 AP 320 alpha) is what this Chrysler K tank seems to have.

Having that 390 alpha, 218 AP/265 APCR 105mm on a tier 8 HT with a decent reload (10.5 second base reload maybe?) could make it a lot more palatable in the firepower department.

Bump the top speed up to 45 and it can prove to be a unique heavium if it keeps the terrain resistance and engine.

45 top speed, 20 hp/t, 390 alpha, decent pen and stronk turret seems a tad excessive to me. It might however, make a decent enough Tier 9.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, lavawing said:

45 top speed, 20 hp/t, 390 alpha, decent pen and stronk turret seems a tad excessive to me. It might however, make a decent enough Tier 9.

I mean the IS-3 exists with better hull/turret armor and decent mobility, topped off with 390 alpha and a usable front-turret layout. Top speed could get toned down to 35 km/h and make a good premium with 0.4 accuracy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.