flare_phoenix

Chrysler K - new T8 prem American heavy

128 posts in this topic

I was just watching replays of the tank, to learn a bit about it, and in one, two Chryslers were facing off.  One of them kept penning the cupola of the other with AP.  The other kept bouncing off the LFP of the first one.  Guess who won that battle.  Maybe he was lucky, but it didn't seem that hard to do.  

31 minutes ago, Griphos said:

Yeah, and the AP round on the Chrysler is 198.  So.....

Just did some quick calcs on that cupola. I got my figures from the world of tanks wiki on how much angles affect effective armor. The wiki states that at 40 degrees, the effective armor of the vehicle goes up by 30% of it's original value. This means that cupola goes from 178mm thick to 231mm. That's a 50/50 pen for the 50 100, Lowe and such vehicles. Check your math before you throw numbers out, because 40 degrees is much more than you think. Nominal armor thickness doesn't mean anything, just look at the IS-3.

That Chrysler K was extremely lucky in his engagement or flinging gold, because 200 pen is not going to have a good chance at penning that cupola.

He may have been lucky, but he was shooting AP.  

And I was just going by what Fox said, "177.8mm angled at 40 degrees."  I thought that he meant effective, not nominal.  I know how armor angling works.  

Lowest number I can get on tanks.gg for cupola is 241 effective, with it quickly climbing to 280 if you are a few pixels higher.  So basically even in my 110E5 I'll have to load HEAT for an angled Chrysler K.  :minidoge:

57 minutes ago, Archaic_One said:

Lowest number I can get on tanks.gg for cupola is 241 effective, with it quickly climbing to 280 if you are a few pixels higher.  So basically even in my 110E5 I'll have to load HEAT for an angled Chrysler K.  :minidoge:

If you shoot HEAT you might as well go just for turret cheeks instead, or UFP if any bit of it gets exposed.

20 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

It was removed due to attacks/insults on WG employees. Not because "Your map is shit", just clarifying in case you didn't know.

Seen that vid. He was mocking them, not attacking.

10 hours ago, hazzgar said:

Seen that vid. He was mocking them, not attacking.

I frankly don't care what he was doing because Circon doesn't really give a shit either. I'm stating that the reason it was to be removed was for attacking/insulting WG employees. Ph3lan said in some forum post that it was the reason he wanted it removed. I was just trying to be as clear and factual as possible. It also doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things what word you use to describe it.

Oh boy tier 8 is reall going to shit, and it all started with the Skorpion G.

I'm barely playing this game anyways, but i guess it's tier 9-10 only from now on, boys

On 20.05.2017 at 7:33 PM, Sgt. Pepper said:

I frankly don't care what he was doing because Circon doesn't really give a shit either. I'm stating that the reason it was to be removed was for attacking/insulting WG employees. Ph3lan said in some forum post that it was the reason he wanted it removed. I was just trying to be as clear and factual as possible. It also doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things what word you use to describe it.

So we are to trust PR statements as facts? Ok. I'm going to listen to Sean Spicer and that crazy blond lady now to get some facts. They must be factual as hell. 

The whole discussion here mate is about the fact that Ph3lan expected people did not see the vids so the exaggerated what was in them. Also if you want to talk about facts talk about the content of the videos and not forum posted press releases. Using your logic if Ph3lan told us Foch called to create a caliphate and fucked a goat we should believe him.

I can see the CK being a CW tank with its goldspam resistant turret and UFP and very generous mobility. That said it will still be limited to defence I'd guess.

30 minutes ago, kariverson said:

How many more OP prems can tier 8 handle?

All of them. Most tier IX and X tanks are still ahead even the strongest tier VIII prem tanks. Less and less people are actually grinding and playing stock tanks. This makes "normal/classic" prem tanks VERY undesireable for the average player.

The question is when will WG buff the tech tree tanks (apart from the IS-3) at tier VIII and below?

8 hours ago, hazzgar said:

So we are to trust PR statements as facts? Ok. I'm going to listen to Sean Spicer and that crazy blond lady now to get some facts. They must be factual as hell. 

The whole discussion here mate is about the fact that Ph3lan expected people did not see the vids so the exaggerated what was in them. Also if you want to talk about facts talk about the content of the videos and not forum posted press releases. Using your logic if Ph3lan told us Foch called to create a caliphate and fucked a goat we should believe him.

Your 1st sentence in the second paragraph especially I have trouble understanding because of the grammatical errors. I understand english may not be your main language, however I can't understand you if your sentence doesn't make sense. I'll respond to the latter half of the message that I think I understand. I'm trying to say that WG stated that the video was to be removed on the grounds that it was offensive to WG employees. Now, I don't care if it was. But this is technically what WG declared as the basis for the calling of the removal of the video. Basically, WG's logic behind the removal was that the video was offensive to WG employees. That was what WG said about their own logic and I would assume that a person can explain their logic behind an action, thus why I believe we should trust that WG's grounds for removal of the video was being offensive to WG employees. I think you got confused about what I was trying to communicate, but I'm not sure.

3 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Your 1st sentence in the second paragraph especially I have trouble understanding because of the grammatical errors. I understand english may not be your main language, however I can't understand you if your sentence doesn't make sense. I'll respond to the latter half of the message that I think I understand. I'm trying to say that WG stated that the video was to be removed on the grounds that it was offensive to WG employees. Now, I don't care if it was. But this is technically what WG declared as the basis for the calling of the removal of the video. Basically, WG's logic behind the removal was that the video was offensive to WG employees. That was what WG said about their own logic and I would assume that a person can explain their logic behind an action, thus why I believe we should trust that WG's grounds for removal of the video was being offensive to WG employees. I think you got confused about what I was trying to communicate, but I'm not sure.

Sorry I was in a hurry and wanted to respond fast. No problems with my English, sometimes I just write too fast. English is my main language in work and understanding what people are trying to communicate is basically my life as I'm a movie buyer and most acquisitions are based off scripts. Sorry about the messy post. I'm on a trade event right now so a mix of hangover, low amount sleep and spare time is not working well for me. Now to get to your point.

" I believe we should trust that WG's grounds for removal of the video was being offensive to WG employeeThat was what WG said about their own logic and I would assume that a person can explain their logic behind an action, thus why I believe we should trust that WG's grounds for removal of the video was being offensive to WG employees" - This is the same reasoning from the first post. I understood it well. You basically say that we should trust WG's explanation if they say thing A was what caused them to take action. The thing is they can lie. Given that previously I worked in PR and I get info how my and other companies handle PR lying is OBVIOUSLY big part of your public relations. What I AM saying is we should not trust WG's explanation for their logic behind the whole move against Foch. The move might have as well been motivated by the need to censor him but OBVIOUSLY they can't say "hey guys we wanted to censor foch because his video was negative about our new product". This is exactly why you can't trust their official statements. Especially since at the same time they went after another contributor for a different video which may not be a coincidence and may indicate a change of politics regarding youtubers/contributors. It is a real possibility given that contributors have been recently more critical of War Gaming than usual and even QB gave them some flak for t10 light tank nerfs. I've worked under bosses who in similar situations would go after censorship and then deny it. So my experience tells me it is entirely possible they are lying.

Also WG called Foch Homophobic on Kotaku. You really want to trust them when they do shit like that?

7 hours ago, Jaegaer said:

All of them. Most tier IX and X tanks are still ahead even the strongest tier VIII prem tanks. Less and less people are actually grinding and playing stock tanks. This makes "normal/classic" prem tanks VERY undesireable for the average player.

The question is when will WG buff the tech tree tanks (apart from the IS-3) at tier VIII and below?

You look at this only from one angle. Trier 8 tanks can see 5 different triers of tanks 6,7,8,9 and 10. OP premiums are not a big problem for only 2 out of 5 of those triers. Also even as top trier if enemy bottom trier tanks are OP and yours are shit given same skill level it may still mean a loss if the teams are equally balanced on high triers. It's a smaller problem but in the long run it has an influence on the game. 

28 minutes ago, hazzgar said:

-snip-

I see what you're talking about now and I feel that's a justified opinion, however, I feel like I want to believe that they felt it was offensive, even though it was likely a stunt to censor bad press. They probably weren't concerned about protecting their employees, but I'd like to believe that.

16 hours ago, Jaegaer said:

T9 and T10 requiring HEAT spam for a T8 tank is ok? Seems legit.

On 22.05.2017 at 11:29 PM, Sgt. Pepper said:

I see what you're talking about now and I feel that's a justified opinion, however, I feel like I want to believe that they felt it was offensive, even though it was likely a stunt to censor bad press. They probably weren't concerned about protecting their employees, but I'd like to believe that.

I understand it was offensive. The problem is Foch is offensive. It's a change of philosophy towards him. Something must have caused that. Saying fuck this tank did since only a few vids ago Foch said Fuck all light tanks. Saying WG is greedy is also nothing new for him.

To be honest coming from a business that's bad at fighting bad press - either Ph3lan got overeager or someone higher up the chain got worried at the amount of bad press WG has been getting lately. Have in mind more and more contributors criticise WG - Light tanks, defender, Highway, Chrystler, Patriot, Skorpion. Every new thing in the game brings harsher and harsher criticism. The company simply behaved like an average internet guy in a shitstorm. Instead of understanding the criticism they decided the criticism is stupid and needs to be silenced. Usually I'm not a big proponent of listening to pubbies or even people at wotlabs (people here are biased towards tanks and gameplay solutions that suit 60%+ ers and underestimate tanks that are not good at farming or reliable - is4, ferdie to name 2). Still even if everyone is wrong (and I don't think that they are) a certain level of outrage should mean you start listening. They are your customers.

As for the Tank - the 20hp/t is idiotic. A close range fight between a Lowe and this POS and the Chrystler kills you because it can get to your sides and circle you faster than you can turn and it's super low + has better dpm. Fun.

2 hours ago, hazzgar said:

I understand it was offensive. The problem is Foch is offensive. It's a change of philosophy towards him. Something must have caused that. Saying fuck this tank did since only a few vids ago Foch said Fuck all light tanks. Saying WG is greedy is also nothing new for him.

To be honest coming from a business that's bad at fighting bad press - either Ph3lan got overeager or someone higher up the chain got worried at the amount of bad press WG has been getting lately. Have in mind more and more contributors criticise WG - Light tanks, defender, Highway, Chrystler, Patriot, Skorpion. Every new thing in the game brings harsher and harsher criticism. The company simply behaved like an average internet guy in a shitstorm. Instead of understanding the criticism they decided the criticism is stupid and needs to be silenced. Usually I'm not a big proponent of listening to pubbies or even people at wotlabs (people here are biased towards tanks and gameplay solutions that suit 60%+ ers and underestimate tanks that are not good at farming or reliable - is4, ferdie to name 2). Still even if everyone is wrong (and I don't think that they are) a certain level of outrage should mean you start listening. They are your customers.

The Fochgate is directly tied to the Circonflexesgate, as far as I can tell. WG is apparently absurdly protective of The Big VK himself (Viktor Kisly) and his family by extend, in fact so much so, that this is a borderline personality cult. Circonflexes had a small rant about map-design and when talking about Highway, he made a reference to how VK's son sneezing into a cloth and some map-designer using that as a basis for developing Highway. This comment got Circonflexes removed from the CC-program, on the grounds of having insulted VK's family and pretty much in the same moment, Foch also had his rant. I am fairly convinced, that the later wouldn't have happened without the former (not to mention that this is still a silly reason to fire a CC about).

4 hours ago, hazzgar said:

As for the Tank - the 20hp/t is idiotic. A close range fight between a Lowe and this POS and the Chrystler kills you because it can get to your sides and circle you faster than you can turn and it's super low + has better dpm. Fun.

Thats why i should be in charge of the balancing department!!

(and map making, because FU @ WG mapmaking department)

6 minutes ago, GehakteMolen said:

Thats why i should be in charge of the balancing department!!

(and map making, because FU @ WG mapmaking department)

Oh goddess, no! Instead of the current Rubicon Light, we'd get the full Rubicon.

7 minutes ago, Madner Kami said:

Oh goddess, no! Instead of the current Rubicon Light, we'd get the full Rubicon.

i would have never put all these prems in the game though, nor would i have tripled buffed Maus or give type 5 no frontal weakspots

I would murder kill heat spamming, APCR bobs and autoloader faggets though...

16 minutes ago, Madner Kami said:

Better him than me. We'd need bigger maps for the Rattes, for one...