Toshiro.K.Arai

Too early to press F to OTTER?

26 posts in this topic

so petco na all ded now?

Petco apac still lives in a semi casual form :kwim:

(PBKAC - skirmishes, FLUKE - casual pubs, PBFG - alt/gutted,PBLAC/LUCK - merged with DPS/RPS (both inactive) and then now mostly in OMEGA)

#petcowillneverdie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

#FamWasAMistake.

Otter was in decline a long time ago. The merge with fam was just what sealed the deal. Unsurprisingly what happened was some otter egos got in the way and the fams said fuck it we're leaving. It sucks cause fam had potential, they should have left otter to die.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, HemanathanRX7 said:

so petco na all ded now?

Petco apac still lives in a semi casual form :kwim:

(PBKAC - skirmishes, FLUKE - casual pubs, PBFG - alt/gutted,PBLAC/LUCK - merged with DPS/RPS (both inactive) and then now mostly in OMEGA)

#petcowillneverdie

PBKAC NA is dedkac, but all we did was steal CW tonks :3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Zepherex said:

Soon enough the map will will ruled by cabra and its 2 million subclans.

CABRA

C4BRA

CABR4

C4BR4

KABRA

K4BRA

KABR4

K4BR4

C4BR3

K4BR5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, SkittlesOfSteeI said:

#FamWasAMistake.

Otter was in decline a long time ago. The merge with fam was just what sealed the deal. Unsurprisingly what happened was some otter egos got in the way and the fams said fuck it we're leaving. It sucks cause fam had potential, they should have left otter to die.

Merges have never really worked unless it's extremely early in the process of forming clans. Hell even the crabs spidy merge was a mistake. You lose your leader and top players and have it replaced by a different clan (although probably as good as the top players who left), and it falls apart from there. I mean obviously no clan is going to last forever, but it's going to last much longer with a strong leadership and constant self improvement. But this is a video game, and that constant "self improvement", people come away from it as something sucking their life away, or they leave the game for real issues, and you'll have to continually change people. You can last quite a long time like -G- did, but it'll eventually come apart even if you get rid of inn-actives and have a strong leadership, while improving. It's pretty much impossible to maintain as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Raj said:

Merges have never really worked unless it's extremely early in the process of forming clans. Hell even the crabs spidy merge was a mistake. You lose your leader and top players and have it replaced by a different clan (although probably as good as the top players who left), and it falls apart from there. I mean obviously no clan is going to last forever, but it's going to last much longer with a strong leadership and constant self improvement. But this is a video game, and that constant "self improvement", people come away from it as something sucking their life away, or they leave the game for real issues, and you'll have to continually change people. You can last quite a long time like -G- did, but it'll eventually come apart even if you get rid of inn-actives and have a strong leadership, while improving. It's pretty much impossible to maintain as well.

G's problem was partly because they didn't get rid of inactives. Nobody challenged them either, and I can only assume the atmosphere got pretty boring. From what I know, that's a big part of why Ox left and formed Bulba. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, _Dia said:

G's problem was partly because they didn't get rid of inactives. Nobody challenged them either, and I can only assume the atmosphere got pretty boring. From what I know, that's a big part of why Ox left and formed Bulba. 

le epik fun battles

I hate this shit so much, nobody wants to do clan wars, only the most autistic spergy teens-20 year olds do this shit(mfw I was beyond sperg). I was content with playing 1 tourney every month or so to just buy premium and convert free exp. I only joined clans really to get M60 and VK72. Clans are like competitive but not very competitive at the same time. I preferred the clans I was in that would take it casually and fight as little as possible, otherwise it becomes a gay thing. Like having a game schedule is ridiculous, but that's what a lot of players are drawn to, especially for CW rewards. I played wglna and burned out after 2 seasons because of this type of shit. The reward is nothing compared to the time and energy exerted. Nowadays I play coh2 like once a week or 2 with no commitment to anything. I stopped caring about any "reward", that type of mentality probably ruined the game for many players including me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Toshiro.K.Arai said:

My friend sent me this image of a player trying to recruit him, apparently this "CRABA" recruiter has dyslexia

IMG-20160323-WA0022.jpg

dyslexic goat lul

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Basic timeline of Otter's death

Super active with around 50-60 on per night-------->tanks gets boring, we lost in clan league, we all get burned out, Overwatch is out boyz------->no one plays tanks anymore-------->merger with Fam for activity-------->Purples who remain and refuse to let Otter die stay and begin to insult lower stat players who joined talking about their glory days more than a former high school quarterback----------->Fam players say fuck this, not worth it and leave--------->Jockstrap purples remaining say fuck this we left first and leave 2nd----------->Otter ded.

 

There's more details but this is the sum up.  Lesson here is if you're a super purple and don't want your clan to merge with a lesser one for activity, don't stop playing tanks :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Shifty_101st said:

Basic timeline of Otter's death

Super active with around 50-60 on per night-------->tanks gets boring, we lost in clan league, we all get burned out, Overwatch is out boyz------->no one plays tanks anymore-------->merger with Fam for activity-------->Purples who remain and refuse to let Otter die stay and begin to insult lower stat players who joined talking about their glory days more than a former high school quarterback----------->Fam players say fuck this, not worth it and leave--------->Jockstrap purples remaining say fuck this we left first and leave 2nd----------->Otter ded.

 

There's more details but this is the sum up.  Lesson here is if you're a super purple and don't want your clan to merge with a lesser one for activity, don't stop playing tanks :) 

i've had experience with this as part of 4 clans that had a large number of purples who are inactive/play cw only and having to merge or accept slightly less good players who are active 5-7 days a week and are decent(teal/blue)

SNTR - Singapore based therefore national pride and spirit meant there was less problems

LUCK - memes bring people together, but still there were some problems with certain purples not liking to play with blues in clan wars and it died

RPS - community clan that started doing clan wars to farm all the gold in t8s away from terrible viet clans which didn't deserve the gold, we started recruiting purples, blues and the occasional super active teal who knows how to listen to orders. Still died in the end because people stopped playing the game 

OMEGA - formerly all purple and some blues, have to resort to poaching and/or good blue/teals from previous clan war clans(hundreds/thousand of cw/sh battles), there are still some purples who left because they get salty when they don't get picked for skirmishes(had a 4k recent guy leave because of this)

In the end it comes down to being accepting and the fact that unicums are getting rarer and rarer on both the NA and APAC server and that new ones are going to take some time to be able to get their overall to unicum even if they are super uni recent. Ego issues imo if the player wants to be a dick about it you can't do anything but kick him out if he is making it super difficult for clan cohesion even after you talk to him about it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Shifty_101st said:

Basic timeline of Otter's death

Super active with around 50-60 on per night-------->tanks gets boring, we lost in clan league, we all get burned out, Overwatch is out boyz------->no one plays tanks anymore-------->merger with Fam for activity-------->Purples who remain and refuse to let Otter die stay and begin to insult lower stat players who joined talking about their glory days more than a former high school quarterback----------->Fam players say fuck this, not worth it and leave--------->Jockstrap purples remaining say fuck this we left first and leave 2nd----------->Otter ded.

 

There's more details but this is the sum up.  Lesson here is if you're a super purple and don't want your clan to merge with a lesser one for activity, don't stop playing tanks :) 

Hmm well we can say G managed to kill every clan while acting dead :dealdog: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Va1heru said:

I hope thats not me you're referring too :minglee:

Nah fam you left because you were getting stream sniped by viets and roby wasn't nice to you about it :doge:(he gets temperamental when people piss him off but he's a nice guy tbh)

 

(and yes we started winning with 12 v 15 and haven't lost much since then, could be wrong but i really think VAE/VPA/_S_ have some members watching your stream whenever you are in battles. Will still miss you fam :cri:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 24/10/2016 at 11:34 AM, Shifty_101st said:

Basic timeline of Otter's death

Super active with around 50-60 on per night-------->tanks gets boring, we lost in clan league, we all get burned out, Overwatch is out boyz------->no one plays tanks anymore-------->merger with Fam for activity-------->Purples who remain and refuse to let Otter die stay and begin to insult lower stat players who joined talking about their glory days more than a former high school quarterback----------->Fam players say fuck this, not worth it and leave--------->Jockstrap purples remaining say fuck this we left first and leave 2nd----------->Otter ded.

 

There's more details but this is the sum up.  Lesson here is if you're a super purple and don't want your clan to merge with a lesser one for activity, don't stop playing tanks :) 

Now that its informed, I can press F with assurance. 

Which clan will be the next to be disbanded by CW 2.0?:kappa:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/25/2016 at 9:32 AM, Toshiro.K.Arai said:

Now that its informed, I can press F with assurance. 

Which clan will be the next to be disbanded by CW 2.0?:kappa:

bulba should be next...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.