Wewum

T28 Prototype

36 posts in this topic

41 minutes ago, Archaic_One said:

So I bought it for the on-track and have been power grinding it all week.  Post speed buff and post 9.18 arty. I cannot imagine how bad it was before . . . 

A few observations:

You should never be the farthest forward green tank on your minimap unless its clean-up time.  Stay in cover, try to keep between buildings, rocks, wrecks, etc.  As long as enemy is in front of you, you have a chance.  Taking a second to plan your deployment really pays off in this tank.

Your worst enemies are light tanks, your turret traverse is slow and they are fast.  If they get close to you, you are a dead tank.

Your hull is better than your turret, dont go hull down or people will just shoot your turret.  

This is a rare instance where I'll say XVM is helpful - red/orange/yellow players will rack up steel wall medal for you, green/teal/+ players will kill you.  A bad player in an E75 is much safer to fight than a good player in a T29.  Your gimmicky armor only works against idiots - find them.

You have just few enough HP that NATO 105s can three shot you.  

You have a really good gun that shoots through almost all tier 8 heavies with AP.  Your APCR round can deal with Maus or Type 5s frontally if you aim. 

You're going to have a lot of 3K+ damage games where you are literally creeping death.  You are also going to have a lot of 0 damage games where you get spotted early and vaporized because you could not traverse quick enough to get front towards enemy.  This happened to me twice crossing on Mountain Pass, now I just drive it to the bridge.

I hope the T30 is worth it.

26 minutes ago, Griphos said:

I have some bad news for you....

I like the T28p and this MM change makes it real nice. T30 is pretty solid.

11 hours ago, Griphos said:

Yeah, but didn't you like the Black Prince as well?  

Just sayin'....

A ton of good players like the t30. I hated mine but some people are more patient and are not annoyed by the gun. You don't need much to have a good game in the t30. 

I ground out the T30 on it pre-buff and then ragesold it. Rebought it now to grind into the buffed T110E3 line.

The speedbuff is insane. This thing can now work as a Pseudo Heavy in a mass Heavy lane push that can just tip the scales when your equivalent enemy TD is bushwanking somewhere, since TDs dont count against the Team MT/HT slots in the new MM.

I feel like it can kill a T34 mano e mano on flat ground.

On 26/10/2016 at 0:57 PM, DHP said:

I bought it in August with the T8 discount. Didn't really looked at modules until it was in my garage, then i realised you had to start with the 90mm (basically the same one since the T6..) DIDn't play a game ever since... I just... I Just can't bring my mind to it.. There's going to be so much pain in this.. 

:jebaited: Idiot.

On 23/04/2017 at 11:15 PM, Archaic_One said:

t tanks, your turret traverse is slow and they are fast.  If they get close to you, you are a dead tank.

This is a rare instance where I'll say XVM is helpful - red/orange/yellow players will rack up steel wall medal for you, green/teal/+ players will kill you.  A bad player in an E75 is much safer to fight than a good player in a T29.  Your gimmicky armor only works against idiots - find them.

Two really good points ! 

I just want to say. THIS TANK IS FUCKING GOOD ! Holy crap.  I was led to believe that this was the biggest turd ever created.. And held on it for 10 months !! And it frankly is not. Now i wouldn't take this to CW or SH but this is really good pubstomper. 

Biggest issue of this tank is that everybody thinks it's a TD.. Newsflash ! It's NOT ! 80% of your battles you should push with the heavy's. I Would only play TD like or go with medium on short path if they were a bit too high tier heavys. The DPM is insanely good and A LOT of people don't see it coming when i send 400 alpha every 8.5s. You can just eat people one by one and the armor does only work against pubbies but there a lot of them out there and when it does it's heaven. I ended at 0.92 armor blocked !! 

Obviously the big problem is that it's bit inflexible and winning can be challenging. 

Here are my stat at 100+ games : 

8X6Q6tw.jpg

Meanwhile, I'm here at 1'621 DPG after 35 battles. I heard T32 gun on slower tank without good turret is fun :trump: (got the top gun unlocked, but the grind has killed my will to play it).

I'm trying to play it like a heavy, my biggest issue is what to do while bottom tier. Do I go to brawling, knowing I can't take any shot because my armor doesn't matter and once flank is being won/lost I can't do any DMG, or do I try to play a TD? I love driving for 2 minutes to get into fight, just so my/enemy team can steamroll it :nmad:

Also, my favourite maps in this are legit Pilsen/Kharkov (from those that I played). Small so I can move around and every engament is a corner brawl so I can use my armor. Shit tank + shit map = good battle? :kappa:

11 hours ago, Marty said:

Meanwhile, I'm here at 1'621 DPG after 35 battles. I heard T32 gun on slower tank without good turret is fun :trump: (got the top gun unlocked, but the grind has killed my will to play it).

I'm trying to play it like a heavy, my biggest issue is what to do while bottom tier. Do I go to brawling, knowing I can't take any shot because my armor doesn't matter and once flank is being won/lost I can't do any DMG, or do I try to play a TD? I love driving for 2 minutes to get into fight, just so my/enemy team can steamroll it :nmad:

Also, my favourite maps in this are legit Pilsen/Kharkov (from those that I played). Small so I can move around and every engament is a corner brawl so I can use my armor. Shit tank + shit map = good battle? :kappa:

I free xp the 105 and the engine and i grinded the 120 because i was cheap. And the 105 is already pretty good. You have the same DPM with better ROF so you use it differently i guess. You probably shouldn't go to heavy area on EVERY map, some TD spots are quite decent since you do have some decent camo (on Paris for example i go middle and shoot people that cross and only go to heavy a little later depending on  how it unfold, unless they have a setup that i just can bully, then i go heavy line). 

This tank  has armor but just not against everybody. So depending on the ennemy penetration you should choose to go with the heavy's or not. 

Finished T28 Proto at 54% WR over 126 games, T30 is right at 60% over 52 games.  As a guy that has the T29 as my most played tank the T30 is ezpz.  The Proto was not great but I had some good games in it and it was certainly not Tiger (P) bad as a grind.  Definitely worth it, especially because the T30 is such a good counter to the super heavies.

1 minute ago, Archaic_One said:

Finished T28 Proto at 54% WR over 126 games, T30 is right at 60% over 52 games.  As a guy that has the T29 as my most played tank the T30 is ezpz.  The Proto was not great but I had some good games in it and it was certainly not Tiger (P) bad as a grind.  Definitely worth it, especially because the T30 is such a good counter to the super heavies.

T30 is delightful to play, never grind one, but on other people account it’s really good. Nothing hurts more than 750 alpha with 300+ pen.