Jarkorsis

RN CL discussion What do you think

69 posts in this topic

the Des Moins hard counters the high tier RN CL like mad. You can radar them, angle to make you immune to damage, and with your insane AP and DPM you absolutely melt them, and if they angle.... just spam HE, which they cant.

High tier currently in DDs: get radared through two islands and deleted by a pushing RN CL within 6secs...

The only DDs that still work in tier IX and X battles are Ru DDs. USN rely too heavily on smoke and IJN rely too much on idiot that can't change course for 2 minutes.

6 hours ago, Jaegaer said:

IJN rely too much on idiot that can't change course for 2 minutes.

i cannot wait for the IJN gunboats to arrive... spamming torps all game in the hopes of hitting someone that does not know how to WASD is the most boring gameplay. 

On ‎11‎/‎7‎/‎2016 at 4:02 AM, Crossfader said:

i cannot wait for the IJN gunboats to arrive... spamming torps all game in the hopes of hitting someone that does not know how to WASD is the most boring gameplay. 

They aren't very flexible ships at present. I'd like a little more pew-pew power too.

I am soon to get the Fiji and a 15 point captain.

Should I go for an AA spec? BFT then AFT or perhaps MAA?

Alternatively thinking of vigilance for torpedobeats?

Currently I've got:

Priority Target

Adrenaline Rush

Superintendent

Concealment

3 minutes ago, Pocktio said:

I am soon to get the Fiji and a 15 point captain.

Should I go for an AA spec? BFT then AFT or perhaps MAA?

Alternatively thinking of vigilance for torpedobeats?

Hydro should suffice for torpedo protection.

If you're moving the commander further up the line, you're going to want AFT/BFT for Neptune and Minotaur.  Manual AA is arguably worth it for Neptune, but it's not for Minotaur, so I've gone AFT the whole line.

I just finished the Leander. I like the ship per say, but everytime your weekend team decides to wet their pants, I find it very hard to carry in the current meta - especially when spotting apparently is a lost art.

After starting with 6 losses in 7 games, I got the win rate up to 50 %, only to get slamed down again to 41%. This was in a session, where I had a 70 % win rate overall on the different boats.

As the night wore on the decisions of teams seemed to decline. I don't often play this late (1 a.m. here). Is this normal behaviour, so one should just log out at around 10 p.m. CET? I'm currently shaking my head in disbelief, having just closed the game after a yellow/red DD division managed to both get nuked by the torp's from a single Kagero.

PBSC106.png Leander 6 CA/CL uk.svg UK 22 40.91% 60,289 1,622 4.8 2.0 1.0 59% 38% 9% 1,652

All the things you kind of liked in the Leander, will blossom into respect and admiration when embodied in the Fiji.  Tier 7 is the sweet spot for being top tier frequently, and all the tools the Fiji has make it a force to be reckoned with.  Jarkosis thinks the Fiji is better than the Belfast - it might be, if not it is very close.

36 minutes ago, Birkovic said:

I just finished the Leander. I like the ship per say, but everytime your weekend team decides to wet their pants, I find it very hard to carry in the current meta - especially when spotting apparently is a lost art.

After starting with 6 losses in 7 games, I got the win rate up to 50 %, only to get slamed down again to 41%. This was in a session, where I had a 70 % win rate overall on the different boats.

As the night wore on the decisions of teams seemed to decline. I don't often play this late (1 a.m. here). Is this normal behaviour, so one should just log out at around 10 p.m. CET? I'm currently shaking my head in disbelief, having just closed the game after a yellow/red DD division managed to both get nuked by the torp's from a single Kagero.

PBSC106.png Leander 6 CA/CL uk.svg UK 22 40.91% 60,289 1,622 4.8 2.0 1.0 59% 38% 9% 1,652

This is both my experience and my stats from Leander so far. Solid ship but doesn't carry well. It's also very frustrating to ricochet off destroyers

5 hours ago, OnboardG1 said:

This is both my experience and my stats from Leander so far. Solid ship but doesn't carry well. It's also very frustrating to ricochet off destroyers

Thank you for sharing your frustrations! I was really triggered last nigt :) 

2 hours ago, Birkovic said:

Thank you for sharing your frustrations! I was really triggered last nigt :) 

I ended up divisioning up with a clannie in a destroyer, which helped a fair bit.

5 hours ago, OnboardG1 said:

I ended up divisioning up with a clannie in a destroyer, which helped a fair bit.

Did you act like a DD hunter to support him?  I have found that the rapid firing AP of the Brit CL's will quickly terminate any revealed DD's in smoke - two to three volleys and they are toasted - even with a fair amount of overpens.  At sub 6-8k range, it's not unusual to get 6 or more hits per volley in the Leander, 9 or more in a Fiji. 

26 minutes ago, BiggieD61 said:

Did you act like a DD hunter to support him?  I have found that the rapid firing AP of the Brit CL's will quickly terminate any revealed DD's in smoke - two to three volleys and they are toasted - even with a fair amount of overpens.  At sub 6-8k range, it's not unusual to get 6 or more hits per volley in the Leander, 9 or more in a Fiji. 

He blew smoke, we ripped and tore. Not much more to it than that. He was in a Gaede so we both had hydro and near synced smoke timers. It's a tough little division.

Regarding the captain spec, yeah AA seems the best. So the standard-ish cruiser base of PT, AR, SI, CE. Then changed up my Belfast captain to Edinburgh, with BFT and AFT iirc. This will still work in Belfast for training, no IFHE but no need for DE in that case either.

Fiji is at 11 or 12 pts but the base is sufficient. Will slowly spec for AA as well, it needs help there.

They are fun little ships, even the Leander though the extra guns/range of Fiji really start to make the line shine.

What's interesting to me is I did way better in the Leander than the Fiji which is the opposite of most people's experience. But then again most players regard the Mogami as an unvarnished turd and that's one of my strongest, most consistent cruisers ever. (67% WR in 58 games, 2.3 KD ratio, 1.1 average ships, 52% survival rate, etc...) I guess in some fundamental way I must approach cruiser play a bit different than most players. It's the only thing I can think of that explains the discrepancy. lol

Finally got to the Minotaur yesterday. It's my first and only Tier 10.

Enjoyable grind. 19-pt captain, PT - AR - JoAT - SI - BFT - CE - AFT.

That was the original RN CL captain, so the rest of the line needs new captains. Fiji has a 13 pt captain, Leander/Edinburgh have 6 pt captains iirc. Started a fresh one for the Neptune and stuck him in the Belfast. I really like the line.

Comment from a friendly regarding a red Minotaur yesterday: "Die AP Satan"  -  I like that.  :P

The line:

RN CL grind.JPG

Thanks for killing me last night cheereereerios. It was an honor. :P

50 minutes ago, Rodrigopine said:

Thanks for killing me last night cheereereerios. It was an honor. :P

I didn't even mention it in my post above :D  I saw the stenciling and ribbons on all of the torpedoes you kept sending to my smoke cloud as gifts. Very appreciated.

Just now, cheereereerios said:

I didn't even mention it in my post above :D  I saw the stenciling and ribbons on all of the torpedoes you kept sending to my smoke cloud as gifts. Very appreciated.

I take my express torpedo delivery service quite seriously. It's a shame you weren't able to receive any. At least a couple of your BB buddies and the Ognevoi signed a few delivery receipts on your behalf. lol