Evelyn

Skyrim SE

22 posts in this topic

Skyrim Special Edition will be out Friday (those on Steam can preload now), so it's time for a new Skyrim adventure. What kind of character will you play as and why will you end up becoming a stealth archer?

I always make spellswords so maybe I'll try something else.. like a stealth archer.

Stealth Archer is the only choice for me because I hate the melee combat in ES games and there's no polearms/spears (Bethesda can eat a dick).

What's special about the special edition?

2 hours ago, Cup_Of_Soup said:

I've always wanted to role-play as a sexually frustrated Orc stealth archer.

Fixed that for you.

1 hour ago, Shackram said:

What's special about the special edition?

Umm... New engine and better graphics? 

Not much really.

Probably gonna try one of those alternate starts when i get the mod manager working. 

Studio notorious for buggy and near-unplayable releases that just announced an across the board policy of no more than 24 hour review copy play for media? I'll be playing the role of the guy that doesn't give money to shitty studios. Especially after how awful the Fallout 4 engine is.

7 hours ago, MagicalFlyingFox said:

Umm... New engine and better graphics?

New engine you say?

How much is Todd paying you?

5 hours ago, AirG said:

Wait, *that*'s special edition ?!

Seems like skryrim looked way better in my memories that it used to do in reality.  :feelsbad:

THen again, it was a while and 300ish hours of Witcher III ago…

Why would you get this when ENBOOST provides a way better looking game for free and mods basically keep the game alive

1 hour ago, xmenxmen2 said:

Why would you get this when ENBOOST provides a way better looking game for free and mods basically keep the game alive

Maybe because the SE is free if you already own skyrim

4 minutes ago, yoyoya2 said:

Maybe because the SE is free if you already own skyrim

Only if you got the legendary edition

7 minutes ago, xmenxmen2 said:

Only if you got the legendary edition

Which just means own all of the DLC, which I would assume most people who paid for the game too. It's a cool release and all and features essentially complete mod support (since not much has changed). Dunno why anyone would spend actual $$ on it though.

I'm also probably not going to try playing Enderal on this version either -- I don't think that would end well.

Last time I tried playing skyrim it was on a pretty terrible computer and there was one point when I just had no idea what to do next to advance the story line so I got married bought a house and settled down and it was less interesting to keep playing vs new vegas. I also learned that I couldn't adopt an argonian kid without mods so I just stopped. Maybe this time I'll actually get further along in the story before getting distracted and stopping.

11 hours ago, xmenxmen2 said:

a1XM1PG_700b.jpg

15 hours ago, Shackram said:

a1XM1PG_700b.jpg

On ps3 had a reeeeeaaalyy long loading issue.

I had to wait more than 2 minutes to fast travel, then 2 minutes to enter breeze homee, more 2 minutes to get out, 2 mitnutes to enter the jarl casttle, 2 minutes to get out, 2 minutes to fast travel........

I'd spend more than 2 hours on loading screens each 5 hours played.

I migrated to my trash computer to play it because the loadings are sluggish

On 10/28/2016 at 6:18 AM, Cup_Of_Soup said:

I've always wanted to role-play as a sexually frustrated Orc.

Loverslab? :doge:

On 10/28/2016 at 7:17 AM, Roku said:

On 10/28/2016 at 10:30 AM, Shade421 said:

Quoting fugged up in mobile. Roku, there are mods that allows for spears and pikes, although the way its swung is usually the same as great swords. 

Shade, come on, the SE did good by being free for the people who already owns the game and its DLC's as for the ones that haven't have the game can just straight out buy the special edition. Besides the developer supposedly have contacted the ones that does the unofficial patch for the game which should weeds out lot of bugs (the unofficial patch is still a separate mod instead of being directly implemented into the game IIRC). I'd say tis a good thing to happen seeing how active the modding community for the game is and having better engine for the game should help. 

On a side note

Dem rain occlusion and river improvement , muh immersion 

I'm leaving it aside for the moment until some of the must-have mods are ported over. That aside, I am glad it happened, as it should provide a better framework for modders to take the game even further with better performance and stability.

Also, regarding the spear mods Lockhart mentioned, here's one of them. Haven't tried it myself, but it does at least add some thrusting animations.

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/62609/?