TheMarine0341

Ranking the Premium Tanks (Tiers 5 through 8)

245 posts in this topic

Well i guess this is the best place to ask. 

Tier for tier, just talking about crew training AND enjoyement (no credit). Panther M10 or Panther 8.8 tier for tier ? 

2 hours ago, DHP said:

Well i guess this is the best place to ask. 

Tier for tier, just talking about crew training AND enjoyement (no credit). Panther M10 or Panther 8.8 tier for tier ? 

Limited MM for the M10 is the key. Look at the panther M10 as a 30.02M that doesn't see tier 4 but has 1300 hit points, spaced armor and better gun soft stats. So this would be my choice of the two...and I will probably trade SU-100Y for it in next week. 

I guess it's not that important since pretty much no one will have one in the first place, but the ISU-130 is actually pretty nice to play after its buffs.  It can be awkward to play since it only has 215mm pen and is less agile than the ISU-152, but FUCKING 4K DPM WITH GOLD.  That's 700dpm higher than any other tier 8 and only beaten by the Tortoise and STRV 103B.  Just go on the flank with the mediums and laugh maniacally as their HP melts away.  The AT 15 has the second highest DPM at tier 8, but needs constant exposure to make use of it.  The ISU-130 with gold has JT levels of alpha.

Also unlike before, the gun handling improvements mean I'm not missing as many shots.  New MM also means you're not fucked when bottom tier either.  It's gotten a lot better since its release.

I think there's only one or two other people on here with one, but it should at least be in the average or can be fun sections.

So I wasn't sure how this tank would turn out at first, but from my limited pool of 31 games, the Thunderbolt is actually pretty balls awesome.

Good gun handling for a tier 6 and the armor trolls comets for days. It does really well at holding chokepoints and facefucking other mediums, and even in higher tier games I didn't feel handicapped with the new MM. I'd put it on the buy list.

Posted (edited)

Thunderbolt front is riddled with weak points for regular tier6 guns so I would try to avoid facehugging and keep it fighting ridges at medium range. On the other hand tier6 is riddled with bad players that just autoaim the front plate anyway so GG.

Edited by TohtoriP

IMO none of the Tier 8s are must buy until they fix the MM. 

44 minutes ago, lavawing said:

IMO none of the Tier 8s are must buy until they fix the MM. 

They can be used on other formats than randoms as well

Also i dont really have that many problems with MM. Most common battle format for me is full tier 8, and while i see T10 bit more than before, i can easily deal with 3 max tier 10s.

Though i  guess the MM should bit change positioning of few tanks. Pref MM tanks with low pen suffered the most no doubt, and im not sure if 112 is must-buy in current state, tho it can still do pretty damn well even in full T8 matches, as long as it just fires HEAT.

2 hours ago, leggasiini said:

They can be used on other formats than randoms as well

Also i dont really have that many problems with MM. Most common battle format for me is full tier 8, and while i see T10 bit more than before, i can easily deal with 3 max tier 10s.

Though i  guess the MM should bit change positioning of few tanks. Pref MM tanks with low pen suffered the most no doubt, and im not sure if 112 is must-buy in current state, tho it can still do pretty damn well even in full T8 matches, as long as it just fires HEAT.

Not sure if it's to do with server population, but on SEA I seem to be getting mostly tier 10 matches, seeing Tier 6's once in a blue moon. So to be Tier 8 becomes 0/+2 MM which makes it a pretty gimped tier on the whole. For myself, I'd rather play Tier 9s all day.

So where is type 59 in all this ^.^

4 hours ago, Hally said:

So where is type 59 in all this ^.^

In the trash.

Naah it's not that bad. It's just not very fun to play but it still shits on most meds same trier and lower. 

Come on...

An adequately played T34's a pretty amazing tank. Yes, it's slow hence not particularly fun to play for some people, that however doesn't make it any less effective. 

I'd also argue the 112's no longer a must buy. The armor nice but the gun and dpm are atrocious. It's also increasingly more and more useless unless you're spamming gold which sort of defeats the purpose of playing a premium in the first place. 

Also how's the 4202 average? It's a turd.

http://www.dpgwhores.com/tanks/55633/?server=eu

112 may not be a must buy anymore but it's still better than the is6, and while the gun is derpy af even with food (I can't play it without) it has a slightly more performing premium round (even though it's heat and it's more expensive than is6 pace, 5600cr vs 4800 per shell)..

T34 is bad, because the aim time is glacial, coupled with retarded dispersion on the move you really have to let the gun aim fully (when fully aimed is quite accurate with .35 base), hulldown potential is great despite the overmatchable roof (most people still don't realize that)..

4202 is just shit, base pen is good but everything else is crap..

Personaly, I'd put STRV S1 a bit higher. 

Although there are much more enjoyable prems to play (esp. meds), it is harder for me as a baddie to do well in them and make credits at the same time. Thanks to Defenders and Patriots I need to spam skill ammo more and thus I wont make that much money in KR or STA-2 and if you lose, you really don't get much

On the other hand STRV S1 has excellent rounds and yes, it is map dependent, but the moments when you drill enemy heavies (even tier 10s) with your regular ammo are priceless. 

I can usually make good credits even on a loss, which I cannot really say about prem. med for example. 

So the ranking should also consider enjoyment vs. profitability as the STRV S1 is kinda boring to play but usually effective creditwise. 

I think STRV S1 should go to inbetween tier since in the rare t6-t8 game it can dominate many of the tier 6s with the autobounce armour from med range not so reliable up close I've found though, and it's 288 standard pen let's it prey on even the tier 10s adequately in the ubiquitous t8-t10 games ofc it goes to inbetween and not must-buy because of being held back by siege mode mechanics and being so map dependent. 

UK mediums are being changed, will hold off on updating the FV4202 for the time. 

Has there been any new prems released since... June? To be quite honest I havent paid attention at all since @dance210 decided to leave for TWA :( 

How about move the Lorraine to the "buy" section ? Even the M4 is honestly anything anyone can hope from a premium. It's really strong. Maybe move the KR and mutz back into "the average"

Kv5 should get to power creep and 112 one or two level lower, I mean they are still the same but damn the new MM is killing them..

Edit : This is how i would redo the ranking because of the new MM

Buy! This where you want to make your credit.
T26E5
Skorpion
AMX M4 49 Liberte'
M41-90 Blackdog
252U / Defender
Lowe

M4-Rev
Lorraine 40T

Fairly good, can see some use for crew training:

STA-2
STRV-S1

The Average

Patton KR

Mutz
WZ-111
M1 Pilot
T-54 Proto (MAY be getting pref MM)
IS3A
Super Pershing
T-34-3

T-44-100
Panther 8.8
FV4202 (Buffed: top speed to 50kph)

Power Creeped:

KV-5
FCM 50t
IS6/IS6B

Don't buy unless you know what you are heading into
8.8 Jagtiger
Type 59-Patton
CDC

No.No.No
ISU-130
T-34
Kanonenjagpanzer
T-34 Black

PS: i have no idea what happened to formatting, so rip.

PPS: also at tier 7 i would put the Panther/M10 into the buy section. it's crazy good now. And type 62 should go into the average section.

PPPS: at tier 6 you have the Pudel which could be in the average section since it's a 30.02M pretty much.

This is just a draft

@TheMarine0341 so please feel free to get some input and move things as you wish.

I think the STA is great for its play style and costs, very similar to its non-premium tanks. If I had some spare money I'd put it into that (when on sale)

I would put IS6 at the bottom with recent MM. "buy only if you want to collect-them-all".