TheMarine0341

Rating the Premium Tanks (Tiers 5 through 8)

249 posts in this topic

21 minutes ago, garryallen said:

So is is6 recommended buy for credit making.crew training at tier 8??

The IS-6 is perfectly fine, but if you can get your hands on an IS-5 you'll probably be more happy with it. If you can't, yeah, an IS-6 is a staple of any tanker's garage.

I would move the FV 4202 up to Can be Fun? because it has good gun handling, and with a troll hull and weirdly angled turret it can work. The only problems are the speed and the regular MM. I've been playing this the past couple of days because it's been enjoyable. Plus with the lack of speed it keeps you from over extending too much

2 hours ago, arthurwellsley said:

The IS6 is a good crew trainer due to limited MM but the Churchill III is a simply awesome crew trainer.

Churchill III is useless as a credit maker as you need to spam so much prem ammo, in fact it's not a particularly good tank. But it does have limited MM, and the fact you shoot a machine gun (decent crew re-load 1.9 secs or something nearly as stupid), means huge exp per game for the crew. Get a Churchill III, play daily double and watch you RASHA heavy tank crew roll in perks.

wat

i only use 10-15 apcr rounds on churchill iii and that's usually for an OI or when i'm too lazy to aim at an enemy heavy tank like m6. Which almost never happens... 

Can confirm is-6 is OP

IS-6 U.S.S.R. HT 8 3481 65.61%

I would probably put the KV-220 up a catagory.  I'm not sure, but I think its earns more Radlys/Pools than any other tank.

I have a ton of games in the FCM, its earned me a ton of money and I think its one of the best clean up tanks in the game, but its shit at winning.  If I had to pick a pref-8 to win a game in, it would be pretty far down on the list, maybe dead last - even the T34 can at least hold a spot.  People just push into the FCM when they are winning.

If you are a seal clubber the KV 220 is a must buy.  And if you can platoon it* they become unstoppable. 

*Church 3s or T14 will do fine. 

6 hours ago, arthurwellsley said:

The IS6 is a good crew trainer due to limited MM but the Churchill III is a simply awesome crew trainer.

Churchill III is useless as a credit maker as you need to spam so much prem ammo, in fact it's not a particularly good tank. But it does have limited MM, and the fact you shoot a machine gun (decent crew re-load 1.9 secs or something nearly as stupid), means huge exp per game for the crew. Get a Churchill III, play daily double and watch you RASHA heavy tank crew roll in perks.

ehh if i can only buy one tank and i need credits too, is is6 the best option?

I'm curious as to why the WZ-111 abd 112 are ranked so differently when they play somewhat similarly

14 minutes ago, SmurfReroll said:

I'm curious as to why the WZ-111 abd 112 are ranked so differently when they play somewhat similarly

112 was buffed in the last patch to God tier frontal armor, even the notorious LFP is 190+ effective now

26 minutes ago, Fianii said:

112 was buffed in the last patch to God tier frontal armor, even the notorious LFP is 190+ effective now

42 minutes ago, SmurfReroll said:

112 can't be penned in the lfp by ap or apcr from is-6 now LUL 

Tried it in training room, so after that been shooting 112 capoula with dank is-6 meme

48 minutes ago, garryallen said:

ehh if i can only buy one tank and i need credits too, is is6 the best option?

and yes is-6 OP best credit grind just rrrr and fire ap at them all day, ez creds. Disclaimer: may need to know weakspots of tanks

Don't forget the M41/90 GF.  I think that should be in the "must buy" section.  The AMX 13 57F should be in the "meh" section? I'm not sure, haven't played it.

I would suggest moving the Panther M/10 to Can be Fun, its a pretty capable tank with preff mm. And it may just be me, but the FV201 is certainly a solid T7 heavy, almost worthy of a Buy classification. 

The STA-2, Panther 8.8, Patton KR, and even the Mutz, should be in the buy category of T8s because of their flexibility, carry potential, and credit making.

17 minutes ago, PrinzEugen478 said:

Don't forget the M41/90 GF.  I think that should be in the "must buy" section.  The AMX 13 57F should be in the "meh" section? I'm not sure, haven't played it.

yes agree.

My strictly personal opinion not based on any statistics.

IS6 is just stupid, until power creep makes the 175 pen guns mostly obsolete. The armour and ability to just 3x r most t7s and all t6s however should not be underestimated.

FCM needs meatshields, E25 needs a map, T34, Löwe are obsolete. Scorpion (G) is nice and flexible as bush kemper or armourless medium. My current fav. SU-122-44 is and always will be retarded in t5-t7 matches where 175 pen is enough.

Fcm is still really strong imo. The armor allows you to bully low tiers. It also has amazing view range, 8 degrees of depression and it's fairly quick. It has all the attributes needed to outplay nerds. Not to mention you have 212 pen so you can just snap all day. 

9 hours ago, Rexxie said:

The IS-6 is perfectly fine, but if you can get your hands on an IS-5 you'll probably be more happy with it. If you can't, yeah, an IS-6 is a staple of any tanker's garage.

Because of the pref mm I'd even be willing to say that the IS-6 is better.

1 hour ago, Joyrider216 said:

The STA-2, Panther 8.8, Patton KR, and even the Mutz, should be in the buy category of T8s because of their flexibility, carry potential, and credit making.

Panther 88? Not sure... Mutz definitely though!

To be honest, I'm a convert to the P88 and STA-2 because of their DPM advantage over the KR, as well as the great pen on the STA-2 rounds.

13 hours ago, TheMarine0341 said:

Meta has changed against the FCM, where it was easier to get stand-off. It it had some other redeeming factor, it would be up a tier. Pls see Foch's latest video on it. Mutz is just average, because its still a tier 8 MT with standard MM
I also have no idea which tank you're referring to with the last bit

Eh Foch also does not think that the t32 is a threat and while the Sta-2 yes. 

The great thing about the mutz is that it print credits even in tier x games. If it had pref mm it would the 3rd best and must buy. But yeah it is much harder to carry games in it than a heavy

The T-34-85M is imho firmly in the NO NO NO section because the Rudy exists. You can not recommend buying a tank when there is a superior copy of it avaiable.

Given the increasing number of buffs to armour of tanks tier 8 and above (plus two new heavily armoured tier 8 premiums due to arrive very soon), will tanks with the 175mm pen 122 guns still be as good? There are a lot more tanks in and around tier 8 and tier 9 now that are pretty tough, if not almost impossible, to pen frontally with 175mm AP pen, and difficult even with the 217mm APCR pen. If this trend continues, would the IS6 in particular still be anywhere near as useful if this is the direction WG continues to go in?

Sure, it'll still be able to bully lower tiers like there is no tomorrow, but it could find it increasingly difficult even as top tier given it will be matched against tanks it will find hard to pen frontally and lacks mobility to flank.

Before I get to edits/replys:

Any "special" tanks such as campaign rewards or "special events" tanks will be left off. Correct me if I am wrong, but the M41-90 was only available once as a WGL tank much like the French 13-57. The IS-5 is only available, along with the Chieftan T95 as a campaign reward

3 hours ago, Jaegaer said:

The T-34-85M is imho firmly in the NO NO NO section because the Rudy exists. You can not recommend buying a tank when there is a superior copy of it avaiable.

Thats why they're in different categories. If you cannot wait for the Rudy, The "M" is just fine-ish

2 hours ago, Balthazars said:

Given the increasing number of buffs to armour of tanks tier 8 and above (plus two new heavily armoured tier 8 premiums due to arrive very soon), will tanks with the 175mm pen 122 guns still be as good? There are a lot more tanks in and around tier 8 and tier 9 now that are pretty tough, if not almost impossible, to pen frontally with 175mm AP pen, and difficult even with the 217mm APCR pen. If this trend continues, would the IS6 in particular still be anywhere near as useful if this is the direction WG continues to go in?

Sure, it'll still be able to bully lower tiers like there is no tomorrow, but it could find it increasingly difficult even as top tier given it will be matched against tanks it will find hard to pen frontally and lacks mobility to flank.

This is another reason why the FCM is falling further down. Its NOT been buffed, while even the new French premium will be almost invulnerable to that thing! With that in mind, theres NO reason to get the FCM.

The HD buff to the IS6 kept it into the "BUY!" group, as well as the buff to the 112, they now have at least somewhat relevant armor despite the power creep

4 hours ago, Joyrider216 said:

To be honest, I'm a convert to the P88 and STA-2 because of their DPM advantage over the KR, as well as the great pen on the STA-2 rounds.

I still have a hard time moving them up, simply because standard MM for a tier 8 medium tank can just be so punishing for the masses. 

I am debating moving the T-34-3 up a group though, since I forgotten its gun was buffed to -5 depression

Is the 34-85M that similar to the 34-85? I would of assumed the low pen gun and extra 50mm of effective hull armor makes them drive differently. The E8 is superior to the E2, but it doesn't mean there's no reason to get an E2. It's a different experience, even if you want to use the E8's turret on it. Is the T-34-85M not in a similar position?

1 hour ago, TheMarine0341 said:

n rewards or "special events" tanks will be left off. Correct me if I am wrong, but the M41-90 was only available once as a WGL tank much like the French 13-57. The IS-5 is only available, along with the Chieftan T95 as a campaign reward

m4190 GF and 1357F are available every year around WGL finals usually

Just now, HemanathanRX7 said:

m4190 GF and 1357F are available every year around WGL finals usually

I think they're one time deals. The 13-57 was not available this time, only the 41-90

8 minutes ago, TheMarine0341 said:

I think they're one time deals. The 13-57 was not available this time, only the 41-90

The 13 57 was on sale at least 3 times on EU, M41 90 twice as far as I remember.

Can you explain to me what makes the Panther 88 and the T-34-3 better than the FCM 50t though?

4 hours ago, TheMarine0341 said:

Not sure for other servers but APAC gets them every year during WGL Finals, both of them will somehow turn up.

Iirc for other servers i have seen announcements of sales as well, they don't come very often but they do come out for big events like WG anniversary maybe? Can't really remember because i bought mine both during WGL finals.