Super_Rybak

Mortar arty cheat

9 posts in this topic

Because I wanted to get myself up to date about cheat mods in WoT I did some research and found this:

It allows artillery to shoot any target, no matter if it is behind cover or not.

Can someone who knows it maybe explain how it works?

To me it looks as if the mod is abusing the in game physics and shoots up at a very steep angle allowing the shell to impact almost vertically.
All he has to do is angle the SPG up and the mod calculates the trajectory.
The only disadvantage I can see is that is significantly increases travel speed, because the firing arc is so big.

This is a really disgusting mod nevertheless and makes artillery even worse than it already is.

Although I don't know how common this mod is, it would actually explain some crazy hits by artillery I've been receiving.

Edit: The steeper impact angle also increases damage potential because it's more likely to hit the weak top instead of the sides or the front of a tank.

I think it got very quickly banned. And IIRC the mod actually costs money lol and it doesnt help that the mod is downloaded from suspicious course, so it is from what i know very, very rare mod, and its possible that its not even a thing these days.

How it works: Arty, even if it has higher elevation than 45 degrees, is limited to shoot up to 45 degrees when firing from cancer mode. So, at max range, arty's gun is elevated into 45 degrees, even if it has more elevation than 45. Always. If you are on ground that bumps your arty upwards, its still limited to 45 degrees overall. Thats why Bishop/FV304 can shoot from so high, because the range where gun is elevated 45 degrees is 500 metres instead of typical 1000 - 1400 metres.

What the mod does is that it breaks the "limit" and allows arty to shoot from very high angles, if it goes into terrain like on that video. This gives ability to shoot from like crazy angles, which gives them ability to shoot from very high. It goes further than any other illegal mod by giving you gameplay advantage that is not possible to do on regular circumstances.  The mod actually breaks a game mechanic, because its impossible to shoot with arty by more than 45 degrees. So basically, depending how you look to it, it could be called as "mortar hack".

Why is there no bloom show in the video? Or am i being retarded?

17 minutes ago, Gr1nch_1 said:

for me it was the fact he was facing north... But shot at the FV215B who was directly to his east.

It has been fixed if I'm not mistaken.

4 hours ago, Super_Rybak said:

Can someone who knows it maybe explain how it works?

To me it looks as if the mod is abusing the in game physics and shoots up at a very steep angle allowing the shell to impact almost vertically.
All he has to do is angle the SPG up and the mod calculates the trajectory.
The only disadvantage I can see is that is significantly increases travel speed, because the firing arc is so big.

There are 2 directions to aim to hit the same target.  Normally the game is forced into using the shortest, most direct firing arc. This mod switches to the longed, indirect arc.  You're still limited to the maximum elevation of the arty, which is why this guy has to drive up the side of the hill to increase the elevation.
It's not abusing physics, but it is giving arty an advantage that other tankers don't have.  You could always manually aim a high arc, but it's nearly impossible to do.  Once I managed to fire straight up and kill myself in an M53/55.  It took at least 20 shots to get it.

This image shows both arcs.
Gun_Data_trajectory_pic.jpg

4 hours ago, leggasiini said:

What the mod does is that it breaks the "limit" and allows arty to shoot from very high angles, if it goes into terrain like on that video. This gives ability to shoot from like crazy angles, which gives them ability to shoot from very high. It goes further than any other illegal mod by giving you gameplay advantage that is not possible to do on regular circumstances.  The mod actually breaks a game mechanic, because its impossible to shoot with arty by more than 45 degrees. So basically, depending how you look to it, it could be called as "mortar hack".

Actually it doesn't break any mechanics.  It's easy to manually aim your gun over 45 degrees (just look backwards while locking track traverse.  The mod just gives you the option to aim while using a high arc, which is unfair since it's not a feature of the game.

2 hours ago, Gr1nch_1 said:

It looks like that's a side effect of the mod, since the original aiming circle isn't being used.  It could be that the circle is being painted on the "roof" of the map box.

2 hours ago, Laceylace said:

for me it was the fact he was facing north... But shot at the FV215B who was directly to his east.

That actually made sense.  You can see his gun was traversed to the right (east).  Even though it doesn't look like much, because the angle is so high and the round is in the air for so long, it still travels far enough east.

They fixed this by adding a ceiling to the maps so using these hyper arcs won't work anymore, might still work for the normal indirect angle though since the ceiling has to take all arties into consideration (compare arcs on 304 and 261 etc)

49 minutes ago, Kolni said:

They fixed this by adding a ceiling to the maps so using these hyper arcs won't work anymore, might still work for the normal indirect angle though since the ceiling has to take all arties into consideration (compare arcs on 304 and 261 etc)

It would be even better if they moved that ceiling lower. A lot lower.

1 hour ago, Kolni said:

Good to know!