leggasiini

Is KV-5 still worth getting (assuming it pops up from advent calendar)?

kv-5   38 members have voted

1. 1. KEI-VII FAIV WORT ET?

• YES
    • NO

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

49 posts in this topic

If you have it, let me now. So we can make a dank KV-5 "zero fucks given" pluton. :disco:

3 hours ago, leggasiini said:

Yea tier 9 HTs are a problem

And 112, IS-6, 110, KV-4, O-Ho, IS-3 (and its clones), soon WZ-111, and even the Löwe. T-54 proto is a tough nut also.

Below 220 penetration simply does not cut any more. I am speaking on flat ground, no hard cover...above mentioned tanks are a bitch to kill. I run T-150 for ages, and know the gun well. 

Yes, KV-5 can ram, and is higher/more mobile, better gun handling...theoretically it can flank or shoot from point blank/from above, negating angles, but that can be used rarely in this meta.

11 minutes ago, Felicius said:

And 112, IS-6, 110, KV-4, O-Ho, IS-3 (and its clones), soon WZ-111, and even the Löwe. T-54 proto is a tough nut also.

Below 220 penetration simply does not cut any more. I am speaking on flat ground, no hard cover...above mentioned tanks are a bitch to kill. I run T-150 for ages, and know the gun well. 

Yes, KV-5 can ram, and is higher/more mobile, better gun handling...theoretically it can flank or shoot from point blank/from above, negating angles, but that can be used rarely in this meta.

This meta is fine for the KV5. None of those tanks are a real problem for it given your competent (bar the O-ho) 

The only thing that really ever gimps the KV5 is range

I agree with Nutmeg for the most part, and never really liked the KV-5 for a long time.  But three of them in a platoon, or two with an IS-6, and you have serious don't give a shit bully fun potential.  

For solo-pubbing or wanting to carry games, either the Spersh or the IS-6 is a better pref choice, and the new E5 or M4 49 (although not pref) even better.  

I like it but it got powercreeped too hard. Fighting M4 49s and soon swedes wont be fun. It's only really good for bullying T7/6s.

11 minutes ago, Fulcrous said:

It's only really good for bullying T7/6s.

Even that it does not do as good as above mentioned tanks. That weakspots are known to everyone and their mother...and with WZ-111 LFP buff, one of the rare tier 8 heavies vulnerable to tier 6 guns without gold ammo frontally.

Noobs, l2armor!!

shot_891.jpg

the last tank ofc kills me, because my tard team fucks it up before that

In regards to buy or not buy, welllll....

...I dont know, its certainly a very capable tank (70% win after 200 solo games) but its by time very frustrating, yet other games its yolos forward and stomps everyone hard, it does need a good crew though, since it will be detracked a lot and it can use every % of mobility and gun handling it can get (i myself just use my KV4 crew, they have nice overlap)

9 minutes ago, GehakteMolen said:

WHY NOT ALL DAYS HUH!!

(how you got that ? :p)

From facebook page, that's all for now. 

If something pops out I'll post. 

20 hours ago, BlackAdder said:

iUdPBH5.png

:tanfiesta:

I know, less than week left :disco:

-------------------

Yea confirmed, im picking it up on Sunday. Thank you guys.

44 minutes ago, leggasiini said:

I know, less than week left :disco:

-------------------

Yea confirmed, im picking it up on Sunday. Thank you guys.

I'm picking Rudy. 

If I did not already own it, I would buy the leKpz M41 90 GF. Because (a) it's good, (b) it prints silver in randoms, (c) in Stronghold skirmish teams it is awesome and with credit boost turned on regular makes 75,000 silver per game. It has no camo, and is horrible looking and black, but it's just so good.

I have totally trash stats with this tank. Yeah, maybe its because I played it a lot when I was baddie (I am a still baddie but just a in a better version). I have 900 battles, 50% WR and 1,5K DPG FeelsBadMan. I am thinking that I will give one more try to this tank.

P.S. Can someone teach me how to meme with this "beast"? 

Since this is the recent KV5 topic:

Who the f*** plays this thing?

My mark of excellence went op less then 1% i think last 9 games, despite 3100 avg dmg (and 400 (?) spot, so 3500 combined...:feelsbad:

KB5.png

thought i'd just share a vid i made featuring the KV-5

would I recommend the KV-5 to anyone? no.

but is best tenk comrade! 

no, that title goes to the T110E5 

KV-5 has one of the highest winrates of any T8 tank in the entire game, idk wtf you guys are on about

Makes perfectly sense, actually. Pref mm + high DPM + shitload of HP + good armor + not THAT slow as other similar tanks

11 hours ago, leggasiini said:

Makes perfectly sense, actually. Pref mm + high DPM + shitload of HP + good armor + not THAT slow as other similar tanks

The only thing it has going for it is the DPM really but even that doesn't work if you are in a game with T9s in it. Or if people peekaboo with you and just shoot your turret and pen every time because it has no armor. If the turret had some armor on it, this tank might actually be good but right now? Nope.

On 12/1/2016 at 9:11 PM, Daezara said:

If you have it, let me now. So we can make a dank KV-5 "zero fucks given" pluton. :disco:

Mind if i join yolo no brain kv5 toon? 

Pewpewrampewwin

Took actaully quite some effort, buuuut my suffering ended with a glorious game, our Amx-100 hes inet crashed mid game, i RNG bounce a ton, i ofc miss a SP 3x in a row, and in the end with 1vs4 (including a 900 hp Mle 49)

Victory!
Battle: Live Oaks 
Vehicles: KV-5
Experience received: 2.781
Credits earned: 133.808
Battle achievements: 3 Marks of Excellence, Top Gun, High Caliber, Steel Wall, Radley-Walters's Medal, Spartan, Mastery Badge: "Ace Tanker"

http://wotreplays.com/site/3143025#live_oaks-gehaktemolen-kv-5

Had to use food + full gold ammo to make it, i even lost credits some games (dammit) but it seems KV5 is still a capable tank ^^

On 12/6/2016 at 2:18 PM, Stige said:

The only thing it has going for it is the DPM really but even that doesn't work if you are in a game with T9s in it. Or if people peekaboo with you and just shoot your turret and pen every time because it has no armor. If the turret had some armor on it, this tank might actually be good but right now? Nope.

Maybe it's just you

On 12/5/2016 at 10:17 PM, GehakteMolen said:

Since this is the recent KV5 topic:

Who the f*** plays this thing?

My mark of excellence went op less then 1% i think last 9 games, despite 3100 avg dmg (and 400 (?) spot, so 3500 combined...:feelsbad:

People like me, blueberries who transform into unicums when playing this tank. Not joking even, it's the only tank I got unicum status in. It's a hilarious over-the-top tank when platooned with other KV-5 tanks.