Nelson2011

Mass Effect: Andromeda

25 posts in this topic

O damn dat combat

Can't help but thought of Warframe on quiet a lot of aspects though :doge: 

:disco::disco::disco::disco::disco::disco::disco::disco::disco::disco::disco::disco::disco::disco::disco::disco::disco::disco::disco::disco:

The hype is real. I love how they kept the universe but it appears to be a "parallel" story or even just alternate story.

I'll have to play through the previous mass effects again soon.

Seems everything No Man's Sky tried to deliver. Pretty hyped :disco: 

inb4 Dragon Effect : Mass Inqusition Age

if it happens to be more like ME1 than ME3 then ill buy it

but oh wait

Drew Karpyshyn is long gone from bioware :serb:

Game-play looks really nice... but what about the story-line, just like the old Mass Effect series.

Also, that butt.

I'm really hyped for this game.  I had the same hype for Fallout 4 but was left disappointed.  I don't think this game will disappoint, but we'll see.

2 hours ago, Valachio said:

I'm really hyped for this game.  I had the same hype for Fallout 4 but was left disappointed.  I don't think this game will disappoint, but we'll see.

People thought that about ME3, until they got to the ending.

8 hours ago, Shackram said:

People thought that about ME3, until they got to the ending.

Fortunately I played ME3 when all the DLCs including the extended cut was already out.  I didn't have to experience the tragedy that was the ME3 original ending as most other people had.

Tbh I'm pretty excited for this.  I really hope they don't fuck it up.

also fucking finally they let you jump/have vertical aspects to combat jesus christ

HYPE!! lol

I restarted playing the trilogy this month :D... almost done with mass effect, but I don't know if i want to do the second run through to get my level up to 60 for the bigger bonuses in Mass Effect 2 lol

@Nelson2011 I should probably play ME as well. I never played any of them, nor Dragon Age or the Witcher.

4 hours ago, OOPMan said:

@Nelson2011 I should probably play ME as well. I never played any of them, nor Dragon Age or the Witcher.

I've never played DA either but you're really missing out with the Witcher series and most of Mass Effect.

I will warn you that Gameplay-wise, ME1 and Witcher 1 are a little... lacking.  The main draw of both of them was storyline and lore.  As far as the later entries in Mass Effect, the gameplay improved but the story sort of suffered, whereas Witcher just overall improved

1 hour ago, PlanetaryGenocide said:

I've never played DA either but you're really missing out with the Witcher series and most of Mass Effect.

I will warn you that Gameplay-wise, ME1 and Witcher 1 are a little... lacking.  The main draw of both of them was storyline and lore.  As far as the later entries in Mass Effect, the gameplay improved but the story sort of suffered, whereas Witcher just overall improved

Yeah, I may not be able to push through Witcher 1. Tried it a while ago and found it a little too ropey looking to enjoy. Unfortunately, polygonal game engines don't age nearly as well as sprite ones.

I'll be curious to see how this one turns out. The Mass Effect universe was pretty awesome and the first and second game were some of my favorites. Andromeda looks to be a lot more like Inquisition which does not excite me. I always felt that Bioware's strong point was storytelling and the whole open world thing just doesn't work particularly well for that. "Oh, the world is going to end soon? Let me travel across the country to collect some herbs for a dude I found sitting in the woods. I mean, I'll do that right after searching for all these tombs so I can get a nice knife." Some of the side quests at least have their own mini-stories, but lots of them just feel so pointless.

One thing I really enjoyed about DA:I was the characters in your party were worth spending the time to interact with. Even if they were initially somewhat boring, conversations down the road could be pretty amusing or interesting. Hopefully the same happens with MEA.

On 16/03/2017 at 9:12 PM, Shackram said:

Wow, sounds bad. Glad I'm playing Tides of Numenara instead. 

I'm reading the reviews... OH NO, ITS NOT GOOD...