TheMostComfortableTanker

Object 252: I've lost count of how many tier 8 heavy premiums the USSR gets now

111 posts in this topic

OK since you can buy the Obj 252 with patriot ruski patriotic camo and without it I do have a question. Does this ruski patriotic camo the same camo values as the normal camo does? 

€. Never mind

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, hall0 said:

OK since you can buy the Obj 252 with patriot ruski patriotic camo and without it I do have a question. Does this ruski patriotic camo the same camo values as the normal camo does? 

You can check it in game now with the tank comparison tool. The ruski camo is slightly worse.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does this discussion still belong in "Upcoming Changes"? 

We've had a thread for it in the Vehicles subforum for two weeks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, TAdoo87 said:

You can check it in game now with the tank comparison tool. The ruski camo is slightly worse.

 

Does this also take camo skill into account ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This thing is so disgusting and it shows what is wrong with WG's sandbox-plans, both in the first and the second iteration. Even the one place, where some of the more obscure premiums had a place to shine if driven to their strengths, is now a GTFO place for them. It's sad. It's broken as fuck. It's the perfect proof of why WG's vision of WoT's future is synonymous with the death of this game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/24/2017 at 6:22 PM, hazzgar said:

30% chance to pen is not really "in the realms of pen". That means I need to shoot it 3 times to pen it for 240 while it needs to hit me once to hit me for 440. 

Also yeah it's not a worlds destroyer but it's stupid. A liberte if it angles is super easy to pen in the sides. It needs to be at close to 90 degree angle to you to be hard to pen due to weak sides. That's the problem. I get it super good front armor but the problem is when I literally need to hit your back or good angle at the sides to pen you then it's a problem.

Also Liberte armor stops working against higher triers and it cannot effectively trade with higher triers. FFS this can bounce t10 meds and outtrade them. So again not a destoyer of worlds but it's a super retarded choice because it's advantages over other tanks in t8 are so many. You can't make a tank that is better than its competition in 80% of the things it does. It is like giving the t49 is3 gun handling and claiming it is balanced because bad armor and no pen. 

Yes. I see 3 of them and I know the flank they will see is obliterated. More competent players will deal with them but the typical pubbie is dead and the tank is too strong for you to eliminate it before it eliminates your flank. So the only choice is kill the other flank faster than they kill yours. 

Liberte doesn't need to angle, that is the point, it just points it's front at you and you need 240-250 penetration to get through. 

Plus it has -10 gun depression so can work ridgelines no Russian tank can go near and increase that UFP even higher.

252 has to sit at a perfect angle to get 230 protection and has two bigger cupolas, Liberte doesn't have to angle and gets one smaller cupola.

Don't see the difference personally.

And if tier 10 meds are shooting the UFP they are morons who deserve to die, do you shoot at E100 UFP? No, so why would you shoot at 252 UFP, you are better taking pot shots at his turret where you could pen his gun mantlet. 

252 LFP is huge and easy pen even when angled for tier 10s, the amazing UFP is not a problem aside the fact you can angle the tank to make the LFP so much better, that is the issue. 

Who cares it tier 10 TDs bounce of the UFP, tier 10 TDs bounce of IS3 turrets, a tier 8 having one area of strong armour that might bounce tier 10s is not a problem, the problem with this tank is the fact it's a pain to 200 - 220 pen guns which is the average for it's tier.

But then that is no different to a Liberte, or VK 1001P. 

The tank is stupid, but no more stupid than those above two tanks or the IS3. 

I mean FFS a VK 1001P that pokes it's over angled drive wheel round a corner is immune from being tracked and damaged at the same time, a 252 is not. I don't get why people are making such a fuss over the 252 but the 1001P which has even more retarded amour, more HP, same alpha, same DPM, 400m view range, -8 gun depression, better gun handling and 1700HP seems to be getting a pass. 

And it being slow is no excuse, the Maus is so slow but it's way more broken and OP than the E5 used to be. 

 

On 2/25/2017 at 11:14 AM, Victrix said:

The real question is it better than the best tier 8 tank in the game, the IS-3?

Lets seee...

The Armor

 

  Reveal hidden contents

MjUfy4S.png

 

The Gun

 

  Reveal hidden contents

p7zqXxB.png

 

The Traverse and Movement

 

  Hide contents

Ek8BysH.png

 

 

In literally every way other than traverse and movement, this is the better IS-3 imo, which makes credits.

Lol

 

This is clearly a bad tank and not worth a buy Jebaited

 

Not sure how can list the stats where it's clearly inferior to the IS3 in multiple ways and then just say it's mobility.

252 basically has better hull frontal armour and more alpha, it's then inferior to the IS3 in every way.

IS3 is faster, more agile, has vastly better gun handling, is better hull down, has more forgiving side armour, still the better tank IMO. IS3 is still the king of tier 8. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, tajj7 said:

Liberte doesn't need to angle, that is the point, it just points it's front at you and you need 240-250 penetration to get through. 

Plus it has -10 gun depression so can work ridgelines no Russian tank can go near and increase that UFP even higher.

252 has to sit at a perfect angle to get 230 protection and has two bigger cupolas, Liberte doesn't have to angle and gets one smaller cupola.

Don't see the difference personally.

And if tier 10 meds are shooting the UFP they are morons who deserve to die, do you shoot at E100 UFP? No, so why would you shoot at 252 UFP, you are better taking pot shots at his turret where you could pen his gun mantlet. 

252 LFP is huge and easy pen even when angled for tier 10s, the amazing UFP is not a problem aside the fact you can angle the tank to make the LFP so much better, that is the issue. 

Who cares it tier 10 TDs bounce of the UFP, tier 10 TDs bounce of IS3 turrets, a tier 8 having one area of strong armour that might bounce tier 10s is not a problem, the problem with this tank is the fact it's a pain to 200 - 220 pen guns which is the average for it's tier.

But then that is no different to a Liberte, or VK 1001P. 

The tank is stupid, but no more stupid than those above two tanks or the IS3. 

I mean FFS a VK 1001P that pokes it's over angled drive wheel round a corner is immune from being tracked and damaged at the same time, a 252 is not. I don't get why people are making such a fuss over the 252 but the 1001P which has even more retarded amour, more HP, same alpha, same DPM, 400m view range, -8 gun depression, better gun handling and 1700HP seems to be getting a pass. 

And it being slow is no excuse, the Maus is so slow but it's way more broken and OP than the E5 used to be. 

 

1. Libertes weakspot is bigger

2. Liberte has shit sides.

3. Liberte armor overal works worse vs being ambushed/tanks coming from unexpected directions

4. Liberte doesn't have 440 alpha. This is a big advantage v playing t10s

5. You can hide your LFP. 

 

Overal Liberte is an easier tank to deal with for lower and same trier tanks imho. The sides are trash, you can take a hit to drive to them in some ocasions and it hurts less and the cupola is higher so easier to see on flat/higher ground.

I think the tank is more supid than an is3 because a badly angled is3 is easy to pen in the UFP. This isn't. A badly angled liberte will show weak sides. This is retard proof. Vk is the good example and I agree. 

I think people are less angry at the VK because at least it has one area it is bad at. The problem with obj252 is it doesn't seem to be punished in any area while having top in class alpha and armor (including good sides), good mobility and gun handling that should be way more trash (ffs t34 has trash handling because it has 400 alpha, this has 440 and is much better with better dpm)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, hazzgar said:

1. Libertes weakspot is bigger

2. Liberte has shit sides.

3. Liberte armor overal works worse vs being ambushed/tanks coming from unexpected directions

4. Liberte doesn't have 440 alpha. This is a big advantage v playing t10s

5. You can hide your LFP. 

 

Overal Liberte is an easier tank to deal with for lower and same trier tanks imho. The sides are trash, you can take a hit to drive to them in some ocasions and it hurts less and the cupola is higher so easier to see on flat/higher ground.

I think the tank is more supid than an is3 because a badly angled is3 is easy to pen in the UFP. This isn't. A badly angled liberte will show weak sides. This is retard proof. Vk is the good example and I agree. 

I think people are less angry at the VK because at least it has one area it is bad at. The problem with obj252 is it doesn't seem to be punished in any area while having top in class alpha and armor (including good sides), good mobility and gun handling that should be way more trash (ffs t34 has trash handling because it has 400 alpha, this has 440 and is much better with better dpm)

Liberte weak spot is not bigger, that cupola is smaller than the TWO cupolas the 252 has. 

252 sides are pretty crap anyway, and Liberte has no need to angle, it can poke corners hiding it's inside shoulder plate and be like 250 effective.

252 is not a Maus or VK, it's got 100mm flat sides and pike nose, so if people have angles on you they will pen, at best side turret might bounce but again it's worse than IS3 for both side armour and side turret armour.

You don't need to hide your LFP in a Liberte which means you can bully and push a lot easier.

So I'll give the alpha advantage, that it. 

Vk has view range, gun handling, excellent sides, HP.  252 has none of that and calling the mobility good is a stretch, it's an IS6, IS6 is sluggish.

T34 is a crap and hardly a benchmark. 

The tank is BS, but it;s no more BS than a Liberte or an IS3 IMO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, tajj7 said:

Liberte weak spot is not bigger, that cupola is smaller than the TWO cupolas the 252 has. 

252 sides are pretty crap anyway, and Liberte has no need to angle, it can poke corners hiding it's inside shoulder plate and be like 250 effective.

252 is not a Maus or VK, it's got 100mm flat sides and pike nose, so if people have angles on you they will pen, at best side turret might bounce but again it's worse than IS3 for both side armour and side turret armour.

You don't need to hide your LFP in a Liberte which means you can bully and push a lot easier.

So I'll give the alpha advantage, that it. 

Vk has view range, gun handling, excellent sides, HP.  252 has none of that and calling the mobility good is a stretch, it's an IS6, IS6 is sluggish.

T34 is a crap and hardly a benchmark. 

The tank is BS, but it;s no more BS than a Liberte or an IS3 IMO.

Libertes cupola is less fat but it is higher so it is more visible hull down.

Sorry but 252 will still bounce same trier tanks at an angle and meds will bounce off it often. Liberte is easy to bounce. You compare armor based on what happens if all goes to plan. Also if at perfect angling liberte is 250 then I can hide 252 lfp and I'm 300 so it's not worth comparing them. 

Yes 252 is not is3 side armor but it is VASTLY better than both liberte and patriot. That is what we are comparing it too. No overmatch sides. Hard to pen by same trier meds an lower triers. Will troll you. Liberte sides will never troll anyone. 

Imho it's more BS than is3 and liberte. Liberte may be the same in the hand of a competent player but 252 is much much better in the hands of a total moron and those are the most common on the servers. Yes you will outplay him but what if he goes to the other flank and kills the morons of same skill on your team. It's hard to come back from 3:10. 

The new german is also broken but this can also shift flanks with some effort. The micro maus can't. Go to the wrong flank and you are fucked. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I will say one issue with the VK 100.01 (P) and Liberte that's not been mentioned here is they're much larger than a 252, while also being slower, meaning nice fat brick for arty and TDs to nom.  There may be niche cases where one of those is clearly superior in some regard to the 252 (i.e. corner poking), but the 252 has its fair share of those as well (i.e. >200mm effective turret sides).  The 252 gets comparable armor to them while not being a fat brick in the process.  I'd actually argue it's superior to the liberte generally speaking, but this is not the liberte thread.

I'm fine with comparing it to an IS-3 though.  252 has better armor in most cases and hits harder, but the IS-3 is overall more reliable in what it does.  252 is better in a pubbie's hands than an IS-3 I'd imagine, and vise versa for uniscum.  It being powerful in the hands of an idiot is one of my main complaints, the other being the armor letting it stomp all over things with guns smaller than an IS-3's while paying relatively little for it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah. The +5% WR for idiots is a problem in the obj. Liberte if you peek at a wrong angle you get annihilated. This one will save you from your mistakes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.