monjardin

What’s Ahead for World of Tanks

109 posts in this topic

http://worldoftanks.com/en/news/pc-browser/17/wg-fest/

Maybe I've been living under a rock, but this article calls out a lot of new changes that I had not previously seen. Here are some examples:

1. T28, T28 Proto and T95 will get mobility buffs
  2. VK 45.02 B will lead to a regular tree version of the Fail Lowe (Pz. Kpfw. VII)
  3. Max of 3 clickers per team
  4. Light tanks will extend to tier 10
  5. Tank types will be balanced across teams
  6. O-I Exp/O-I nerfs, O-Ho buff and Type 4/5 derp gun additions
  7. The E75 is getting a gun handling buff?
  8. VKB is getting a side and turret armor buff?!

9 minutes ago, monjardin said:

http://worldoftanks.com/en/news/pc-browser/17/wg-fest/

Maybe I've been living under a rock, but this article calls out a lot of new changes that I had not previously seen. Here are some examples:

1. T28, T28 Proto and T95 will get mobility buffs
  2. VK 45.02 B will lead to a regular tree version of the Fail Lowe (Pz. Kpfw. VII)
  3. Max of 3 clickers per team
  4. Light tanks will extend to tier 10
  5. Tank types will be balanced across teams
  6. O-I Exp/O-I nerfs, O-Ho 10cm buff and Type 4/5 derp gun additions
  7. The E75 is getting a gun handling buff?
  8. VKB is getting an armor buff?!

fixed

wont change anything for me because only plebs use 10cm on O-Ho :serb: 

1 minute ago, leggasiini said:

fixed

wont change anything for me :serb: 

Oh... I haven't played the Japanese heavy line. The O-I's are bad for the game IMHO.

1.Finally. 

2. More super heavy tanks for shitters crying about gold ammo killing this subclass.

3. Still more than should be. 0 is a nice number. Zero shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be zero. 

4. Let's see how broken they will be.

5. It requires new MM.

6. Is there no-Finn player who plays Jap heavy tanks? :doge:

7. Nice.

8. :serb:

Oh, i think you got me wrong. O-Ho will get a buff, but only on the 10cm gun, and since i use derp gun, i joked that its irrelevant because "derp masterrace, 10cm is for plebs". The 10cm might be actually viable now, because right now it is really ehh.

Really nice changes so far. Im especially hyped about Type 4/5 derp aswell as German HT line changes. Tons of more superheavies for me to play! Hopefully they bring French beautyqueens too like FCM F1:frenchy:

This will impact personal missions quite a bit

Standard ammo fix: It scales MUCH too quickly. Tier 9 standard MT ammo is fine for the most part, but then the jump to tier 10 pen is stupid, it scales like WN8. Make it linear. Premium ammo should have the increased pen for less damage, or less pen for more damage: Then remove the "premium" moniker from it.

God I cant wait to play tier 9 and 10 Lights!!!

2 minutes ago, flare_phoenix said:

You guys haven't even mentioned the most important changes - Indien-Panzer mobility and gun handling buffs :D

That's fly-over country. :dealdog:

Currently, the penetration stats and great accuracy of top-tier TDs and medium tanks allow them to hit and penetrate well-armored frontal projection, even at long range. We’ll be tweaking their penetration stats and penetration loss over distance mechanic, as well as accuracy stats for all other tanks, to raise the role of armor and make it more fun to play heavily-armored vehicles.

not giving up, are they :doge: 

21 minutes ago, nemlengyel said:

FFS they will never learn.  I'd literally rather watch Will and Grace reruns than play slow as fuck derp-gun wielding heavy tanks.

1 hour ago, nemlengyel said:

I like how they want to make HT's more fun to play (which are already quite good imho) by nerfing TD's which are already shit to play. Good thinking WG.

the new german box tanks seem to be the most interesting from this, VK-B moar buffs!! (but lfp nerf)

Also curious to the new tier 10, will it be the same as the prem one? i really hope so :P

But it seems WG used sandbox v1 as testing ground, and they now split it up:

• Many heavy tanks got buffed between summer and new sandbox (if wg cant nerf med because people go hurr durr, then they will buf heavys)
  • Arty gets its own, seperated test phase
  • The rest is dumped on 1 test fase

I bet most changes will be the same as last time sandbox, only a bit less harsh (since maus and type 5 already got their mega buff...)

PHASE 1 AGENDA:

Changes to accuracy, penetration loss over distance, and the revised overmatch/ricochet rule that was first revealed during the 9.17 Public Test.

I don't care about the rest, even about them adding more a more retarded super heavys, that just stall the gameplay and make the game more and more boring. But THIS, THIS, fucking piece of shit and the RETARDED reasoning behind it.

Currently, the penetration stats and great accuracy of top-tier TDs and medium tanks allow them to hit and penetrate well-armored frontal projection, even at long range. We’ll be tweaking their penetration stats and penetration loss over distance mechanic, as well as accuracy stats for all other tanks, to raise the role of armor and make it more fun to play heavily-armored vehicles.

Holy fucking shit WG are you insane or stupid, even for your average retard this will kill the game, the retarded can't do jack shit with his HT (except bounce for 3 hours against the enemy HT) will try to play TD, he can't do jack shit -> arty 3 hours waiting for a game, the retard quits. FOR FUCKS SAKE YOU TWATS!

WG trying to reinvent the wheel, mobility + pen + some armor > all, that makes the game fun, not lumbering drooling asshats that duke it out in 2*2 corridors praying to rng. I HATE the vision meta and each day WG makes me want it back, i'll end up liking fucking prokorovka >.<

And for TDs is even worse, TDs are already one of the worst classes in the game, and they're tanks that trade everything for a big boomstick/insane dpm and you want to cripple the most crippled class in the game (for the most part)?! WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK!?

I NEED another online game to waste hundreds of hours in, and quickly 'cause WG is determined to royally fuck their game.

3 minutes ago, Nkrlz said:

I don't care about the rest, even about them adding more a more retarded super heavys, that just stall the gameplay and make the game more and more boring. But THIS, THIS, fucking piece of shit and the RETARDED reasoning behind it.

Holy fucking shit WG are you insane or stupid, even for your average retard this will kill the game, the retarded can't do jack shit with his HT (except bounce for 3 hours against the enemy HT) will try to play TD, he can't do jack shit -> arty 3 hours waiting for a game, the retard quits. FOR FUCKS SAKE YOU TWATS!

WG trying to reinvent the wheel, mobility + pen + some armor > all, that makes the game fun, not lumbering drooling asshats that duke it out in 2*2 corridors praying to rng. I HATE the vision meta and each day WG makes me want it back, i'll end up liking fucking prokorovka >.<

I NEED another online game to waste hundreds of hours in, and quickly 'cause WG is determined to royally fuck their game.

It's pretty funny how it is always the average players or worse that hate vision meta, never a good player. I wonder why?

28 minutes ago, Stige said:

It's pretty funny how it is always the average players or worse that hate vision meta, never a good player. I wonder why?

The same reason i hate the super heavys buffs + the meds nerfs, they force you to play certain things, the corridor meta is shit, the full on Komarin vision meta is also shit. Try playing anything that doesn't have great viewrange + camo in the vision meta and you're fucked. I now that i can hop into my 140 double bush/pull 15 meters from the bush and camo snipe for days (or use the old rendering square diagonal abuse), just having to worry about the enemy ru meds/lights (or the ocasional purple). It's the same shit as WG proposes, jump into your super heavy and just shrug everything off and only worry about another super heavy. Wargaming's proposal requieres 0% brain power and the vision meta required a good knowleadge of the maps, mechanincs (and how to abuse them), but the end result is the same shit, you end up being forced into a class of tanks/depend on your team mates (something horrible unless you constantly triple platoon). And the vision meta favors arty/tds a lot (i mean i doubt good players will be playing much more than a med but the retarded masses camp thrice as much making a stale and boring game).

the long and painful decay of WoT continues, only reason they can get away with this as long as they have is a complete lack of competition, shame AW was such a fuck up

2014 will be remembered as the best year for WoT

46 minutes ago, HELIONIST said:

3 arty per team.....oh go fuck yourself WG

Have you played against 4 FV304s once? You'd regret your life.

It's a step in the right direction, but artillery is still an important part of the game balance.

What happens when you remove arty from the game could be seen in the Confrontation game mode.

18 minutes ago, Super_Rybak said:

Have you played against 4 FV304s once? You'd regret your life.

It's a step in the right direction, but artillery is still an important part of the game balance.

What happens when you remove arty from the game could be seen in the Confrontation game mode.

Yes l have, been rekt by arty since day one playing this game so l know how it feels , remove arty and you will see double the amount of players online.