kunjuro

Tier X Light tanks

369 posts in this topic

These are literally no longer Tier X tanks.  They barely have more dpm then their (also nerfed) tier 8 counterparts.  I watched a QB (yes, yes, I know) video where he compared the dpm progression of all other tier 8-9-10 vs the nerfed dpm progression of light tanks.  Its bad, really bad.  Throw in derp gun levels of dispersion, tragically low ammo counts, and the fact that tier X meds now out spot them again and you cannot justify these things as Tier Xs.

I am hoping they are going to release them weak and buff on the fly, but who knows.  The shitters win again, typical. 

They are some really good T9 light tank btw... WG have their eyes on T10 but did you guy's look at T9 ? 

Comparing 13-90 :

http://imgur.com/4GB1BxW

Comparing T49 (this is how i setup the T9 right now and how i would set it up at T9) :

http://imgur.com/fcBWX4u

10 minutes ago, DHP said:

Comparing T49 (this is how i setup the T9 right now and how i would set it up at T9) :

TBH I see no point in comparing derp T49 on 8 tier with T49 tier 9 with normal 90mm gun. 

Compare T49 90mm with Sheridan 105mm. Surprise surprise T49 has more dpm with 10m more viewrange. What an upgrade going from tier 9 to 10.

Same with T71 and bulldog. Bulldog is one tier higher and has 600dpm less with the autoloader and has that generous 10m viewrange too. 

13 minutes ago, RagePrincess said:

Compare T49 90mm with Sheridan 105mm. Surprise surprise T49 has more dpm with 10m more viewrange. What an upgrade going from tier 9 to 10.

Much higher damage while retaining nearly the same DPM is invaluable tho

17 hours ago, Archaic_One said:

These are literally no longer Tier X tanks.  They barely have more dpm then their (also nerfed) tier 8 counterparts.  I watched a QB (yes, yes, I know) video where he compared the dpm progression of all other tier 8-9-10 vs the nerfed dpm progression of light tanks.  Its bad, really bad.  Throw in derp gun levels of dispersion, tragically low ammo counts, and the fact that tier X meds now out spot them again and you cannot justify these things as Tier Xs.

I am hoping they are going to release them weak and buff on the fly, but who knows.  The shitters win again, typical. 

13 hours ago, DHP said:

They are some really good T9 light tank btw... WG have their eyes on T10 but did you guy's look at T9 ? 

Comparing 13-90 :

http://imgur.com/4GB1BxW

http://imgur.com/fcBWX4u

They aren't worth spending credits on. I'lI be refusing to directly generate data for WG during this abominable NA test, except by completely farming LTs with my armored meds and heaviums. 

E-50/M, 907 and 140, Bat25t, 430v2 and T-54 field day.

35 minutes ago, CraBeatOff said:

They aren't worth spending credits on. I'lI be refusing to directly generate data for WG during this abominable NA test, except by completely farming LTs with my armored meds and heaviums. 

E-50/M, 907 and 140, Bat25t, 430v2 and T-54 field day.

I was thinking to do the same. If it hits the EU in this form, I won't play them, and I hope good players won't play them either. At some point the WR of those tanks will be so bad, that they have to do something about it.

Good idea, will do the same. 

Sheridan and Rhm are still playable. Not good, but they can do something. I think main reason is that they still have small view range advantage over meds. Sheridan with derp is pmuch unnerfed, and i seemed to do pretty okay with it. Lucky me, i was going with that setup :doge:.

So if you want to do missions i guess these are no doubt best ones, with Sheridan being imo better overall.

Rest of them are utterly fucking useless, especially T-100 and AMX. Avoid those.

Poor AMX 105.  I've not been following the timeline of this all super close, but it seems like right after they got it where it more or less has its place next to the bat chat, WG brought down the nerfhammer again and made it useless shit once more.

9 hours ago, leggasiini said:

Sheridan and Rhm are still playable. Not good, but they can do something. I think main reason is that they still have small view range advantage over meds. Sheridan with derp is pmuch unnerfed, and i seemed to do pretty okay with it. Lucky me, i was going with that setup :doge:.

So if you want to do missions i guess these are no doubt best ones, with Sheridan being imo better overall.

Rest of them are utterly fucking useless, especially T-100 and AMX. Avoid those.

You want a fast paper tank with good viewrange? Get a Leotard and you get a gun than isn´t absolute dogshit on top of it, nevermind that the leotard already is one of the shittiest tier 10 meds.

11 hours ago, leggasiini said:

Sheridan and Rhm are still playable. Not good, but they can do something. 

The tier 8s we have now are playable, but they do not approach the level of playability of what qualifies as a tier X tank.

5 hours ago, Fabunil said:

You want a fast paper tank with good viewrange? Get a Leotard and you get a gun than isn´t absolute dogshit on top of it, nevermind that the leotard already is one of the shittiest tier 10 meds.

Clearly we wanted worse Leotard and AMX 30B. That's a demand WG couldn't resist.

2 hours ago, Archaic_One said:

The tier 8s we have now are playable, but they do not approach the level of playability of what qualifies as a tier X tank.

These current lights are partially balanced by their very low MM values (48) compared to tier 9 or 10 tanks (72 and 120 respectively). Not that MM weights are something WG has bothered with tweaking meaningfully AND I realize this new MM is going to be nominally different but it's absurd to think these X LTs are worth 120 as currently implemented. Are you going to see 3/5/7 matches where a maus, 50b and E5 get matched against a Batchat, T-100 and Grille? Or worse, 5-10 split match with a triple LT platoon on one side? I guess we'll found out soon on NATest. I'll be killing LTs so hard in my TVP, T57, and other carryhard tanks.

3 minutes ago, CraBeatOff said:

Clearly we wanted worse Leotard and AMX 30B. That's a demand WG couldn't resist.

These current lights are partially balanced by their very low MM values (48) compared to tier 9 or 10 tanks (72 and 120 respectively). Not that MM weights are something WG has bothered with tweaking meaningfully AND I realize this new MM is going to be nominally different but it's absurd to think these X LTs are worth 120 as currently implemented. Are you going to see 3/5/7 matches where a maus, 50b and E5 get matched against a Batchat, T-100 and Grille? Or worse, 5-10 split match with a triple LT platoon on one side? I guess we'll found out soon on NATest. I'll be killing LTs so hard in my TVP, T57, and other carryhard tanks.

Lights will still be matches vs lights. And now TDs will be matched vs TDs as well.

11 minutes ago, sr360 said:

Lights will still be matches vs lights. And now TDs will be matched vs TDs as well.

So they're trashing the old weighted mm for straight class matching? That's good if it doesn't murder our queues or dump us in bucket matches!

On the CT, MM has been able to stick to the numbers at each tier promised in the official descriptions, and perhaps have even done decently at matching the numbers in each class, but it has NOT done well at matching the classes of tanks in each tier.  So, there are plenty of matches with the three T10 tanks on each side mismatched significantly, such as two arties and a light on one side, and one heavy, one medium, and one light on the other.  

22 minutes ago, Griphos said:

On the CT, MM has been able to stick to the numbers at each tier promised in the official descriptions, and perhaps have even done decently at matching the numbers in each class, but it has NOT done well at matching the classes of tanks in each tier.  So, there are plenty of matches with the three T10 tanks on each side mismatched significantly, such as two arties and a light on one side, and one heavy, one medium, and one light on the other.  

Hopefully thats more a result of a skewed tank population and low server numbers on the test server.  Oh well - NA server best test server NA, confirmed.  If we get to be the test server beta, I guess we need to do our best to engineer the results.

2 hours ago, sr360 said:

Just because both teams are guaranteed to have the same amount of tanks of each class that doesn´t mean that they have to be the same tier.

As it currently works on the testserver you can still end up in situations where a tier 10 light gets matched up against a Maus when there are only 3 tier 10s on each side which is just retarded.

Pretty sure the heavys and mediums are still not matched in their own class.