kunjuro

Tier X Light tanks

233 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Silentsymphony said:

We seem to share a vision of what light tanks should be, and that same frustration of any time you play a light tank you know a batchat can basically do it better.  It seems like WG place so much value on "oh they go fast and dont lose camo while moving" that they have yet to realize it basically applies on 20% of the maps (or less) and doesnt offset giving light tanks marginally worse guns (rip accuracy, alpha is meaningless if you cant hit anything) and the constant physics thinking you're driving a zamboni on an ice rink.  

Competitively it almost seems like WG want to get rid of light tanks from anything tier limited (rip bringing m41's to tier 7 tournaments for memes) and replace them with lackluster tanks tagged with not losing camo while moving and kind of being able to spot.  I worry that unless they actually do something to fix the matchmaker as well (cause lol, balance) I'll be on the wrong end of mm deciding 3 tier 10 light tanks are equivalent to 2 E5's and a batchat, etc.  

Yeah same views because who needs some more RU_hover_LTs. Key for this game (at least for me) is the difference in class, you have slow ass TDs with monstrous guns, hard HTs, fast MTs with superb guns, and fast LTs for support. But they are killing it. In that case, anyone could pick what they like (rock-paper-scissor) and enjoy game with different styles. 

Tier 10 lights are on sandbox today. 

My opinion so far:

T100LT[RU], WG, I'll take 10 of them. :hb: 

Do you love your RU T10 meds? Have one in LT form with basically godly gun handling, armor and insane speed.

Only one battle in LT? RLY?

BTW sandbox still has turret rotation bug. GG, WG.

Holy balls, the German 10 light has 440 BASE VIEW RANGE. If the earth gets sucked into a black hole it's because I'm about to put vents, binocs, and food on this thing and its view range will create dark matter or something.

EDIT: Wait. Wait. Wait. WHAT? 50.79 horsepower per ton??????????

16 minutes ago, Jesse_the_Scout said:

Holy balls, the German 10 light has 440 BASE VIEW RANGE. If the earth gets sucked into a black hole it's because I'm about to put vents, binocs, and food on this thing and its view range will create dark matter or something.

So the T 50-2 has a Patton Tumor?  This is what the Type 5 derp guns purpose in life is . . . 

I don't even know wtf. First game got Prok with 505 view range on the move. 2300 damage, 3200 lighting, 7 spots, won. Not surprising. The wtf part is 90% of the damage I took was from fucking ARTY because once the first one splashed me for all of 60 damage it stunned me while I was attempting to circle down the last TD, so I ended up running away and and being chased by arty stuns literally the rest of the game. Every time they'd hit me for hundreds and restun me for 15-20 seconds. So somehow WG has managed to nerf arty, buff lights, yet still keep arty dangerous as fuck to lights. Mop up phase arty will still be a nightmare to deal with because once the first one hits you, you get into a stun lock loop where the rest keep hitting you while you can't move for shit and the blast radius is larger than ever.

Acceleration is good but doesn't match 50 HP/ton. They must have done some massive soft stat nerfing to keep it from running over a bump and accidentally flying into the sun.

2 minutes ago, Jesse_the_Scout said:

The wtf part is 90% of the damage I took was from fucking ARTY because once the first one splashed me for all of 60 damage it stunned me while I was attempting to circle down the last TD, so I ended up running away and and being chased by arty stuns literally the rest of the game. Every time they'd hit me for hundreds and restun me for 15-20 seconds. So somehow WG has managed to nerf arty, buff lights, yet still keep arty dangerous as fuck to lights. Mop up phase arty will still be a nightmare to deal with because once the first one hits you, you get into a stun lock loop where the rest keep hitting you while you can't move for shit.

Oh goodness, that sounds lovely. Guns that can always splash you and whose splash carries a major debuff was such a great idea. Still better than current arty I guess...

9 minutes ago, Jesse_the_Scout said:

I don't even know wtf. First game got Prok with 505 view range on the move. 2300 damage, 3200 lighting, 7 spots, won. Not surprising. The wtf part is 90% of the damage I took was from fucking ARTY because once the first one splashed me for all of 60 damage it stunned me while I was attempting to circle down the last TD, so I ended up running away and and being chased by arty stuns literally the rest of the game. Every time they'd hit me for hundreds and restun me for 15-20 seconds. So somehow WG has managed to nerf arty, buff lights, yet still keep arty dangerous as fuck to lights. Mop up phase arty will still be a nightmare to deal with because once the first one hits you, you get into a stun lock loop where the rest keep hitting you while you can't move for shit and the blast radius is larger than ever.

Acceleration is good but doesn't match 50 HP/ton. They must have done some massive soft stat nerfing to keep it running over a bump and accidentally flying into the sun.

pretty sure it's like 27hp/t

ps: didn't you have a medkit to gtfo ? 

There were like... 3 arty and an autoloader TD all after me, including the fucking autoloader arty. I used the kit after the first stunned me for 15 seconds, because fuck me, everything's on my dick at once and I can't be stunned right now, and a few seconds later I got splashed again for another 15-20s. Then I'm driving around slamming into red lines because the stun means I can't turn, but I'm trying to keep moving. It's about like a 50% driver I'd guess. So I can't dodge and keep getting splashed over and over. Before the first splash I had about 1200 HPs, I ended the game with like 100 or something. So they stunned me maybe 4 times and took maybe 1000-1100 HPs from me in the process. Pretty fucking obnoxious.

Not surprisingly lights dominated the game on Prok. A Russian light on their side was the trouble maker for our team, and we had two lights being a PITA for them. Eventually we killed the RU light and it was gg after that. He got way more lighting than me (5900), that thing is so flat it's like a tier 10 ELC... no one can hit it for shit. He was just buzzing the ridge, I would have been slaughtered doing the same in the fatass German light. An AMX passive lighting on our side from a bush did 5700. They can't give lights this kind of view, it'll be even more absurd at lower tiers where every other tank doesn't have 400m view range.

7 minutes ago, Jesse_the_Scout said:

There were like... 3 arty and an autoloader TD all after me, including the fucking autoloader arty. I used the kit after the first stunned me for 15 seconds, because fuck me, everything's on my dick at once and I can't be stunned right now, and a few seconds later I got splashed again for another 15-20s. Then I'm driving around slamming into red lines because the stun means I can't turn, but I'm trying to keep moving. It's about like a 50% driver I'd guess. So I can't dodge and keep getting splashed over and over. Before the first splash I had about 1200 HPs, I ended the game with like 100 or something. So they stunned me maybe 4 times and took maybe 1000-1100 HPs from me in the process. Pretty fucking obnoxious.

Now imagine 3x bat cancer in platoon chasing one player (mostly because of XVM). Healthy gameplay, right?

8 minutes ago, Jesse_the_Scout said:

They can't give lights this kind of view, it'll be even more absurd at lower tiers where every other tank doesn't have 400m view range.

The entire vision requires an overhaul but WG has no idea how to do it. 

25 minutes ago, MacusFlash said:

The entire vision requires an overhaul but WG has no idea how to do it. 

Yep, now imagine your teams LT is a 45% turd and the other teams LT is Jesse.  GG WP, not close.  Its typical WG wild swings in balance with no thought of subtlety. 

Well Malinvoka sure is going to be fun to play now...

2 hours ago, Jesse_the_Scout said:

Currently the rhm for me has 545v viewrange :serb: Balanced da comrades.

45 minutes ago, Siimcy said:

Currently the rhm for me has 545v viewrange :serb: Balanced da comrades.

Just balanced this tank for 1246 HP. With raw splash.

Just saw this and few streams of this sandbox, well..

Leopard, Amx 30 line will be pretty useless from now on, all of the tier 10 lights are just much better versions of them, especially the russian and the german one..

Thank god I didn't sold my t54 ltwt, I will powergrind the shit out from that line

Leo 1 and 30b needs buffs anyways...

Meds still have more health and better guns. GL dealing with maus or type 5 sitting on corridor with LT. Type 5 especially is literally immune to new LTs from front while it can potentially oneshot them.

Am I the only one who can't wait for those T10 lights tanks ? 

I mean don't get me wrong they do have some bad aspect but 320 and 390 alpha on such mobile platform is going to be nice. 

I know a lot of people say "a BC 25t is going to be better everytime" and i can't deny it's good but 320-390 alpha on a tank with incredible view range and camo ON THE MOVE is going to be pretty epic (on most map.. :( ).  

I fell like i can't just judge yet and can't kill the idea before i tried it for good.

17 hours ago, MacusFlash said:

Only one battle in LT? RLY?

BTW sandbox still has turret rotation bug. GG, WG.

You have to play 3 games in normal tanks I think to get 1 game in the new lights and possibly also arty (not sure), it;s a clever idea, stops everyone just spamming the new lights and creates more a natural game. 

16 hours ago, Jesse_the_Scout said:

Yeh the German light is insane, the mobility was just off the chart IMO, so fast and agile, feels like an ELC though it's obviously bigger and has the best view range.

15 hours ago, Jesse_the_Scout said:

Acceleration is good but doesn't match 50 HP/ton. They must have done some massive soft stat nerfing to keep it from running over a bump and accidentally flying into the sun.

You need to remember that there is a lot of arty on sandbox cos everyone is trying it out, most of these players probably don't have arties on live so like test server they are all chosing CGCs and Bat Chat arties.

But, if these changes go live, arty numbers will drop dramatically, most of the bobs that play arty, the hard core clickers are only interested in the big damage numbers, they play for one bobbing people. 

With that ability gone, they'll play a few games and do 300 damage with their T92 and then drop the class like a stone, we already had loads of the hard core clickers on sandbox whining non-stop that the damage was too little.

So when these changes hit live it's likely there will be way more games with no arty or 1 arty because not many will play the class until new players replace them.

These changes are de facto removal, or about as close as you get. 

Do think though that lights should get a much quicker cool down on their med kits and repair kits because they rely so much on their mobility and that way they would be affected less by the stun. 

53 minutes ago, DHP said:

Am I the only one who can't wait for those T10 lights tanks ? 

No I think so too, playing the new German one was immensely fun. 

4 hours ago, leggasiini said:

Leo 1 and 30b needs buffs anyways...

Meds still have more health and better guns. GL dealing with maus or type 5 sitting on corridor with LT. Type 5 especially is literally immune to new LTs from front while it can potentially oneshot them.

Is it possible for you to post in ONE thread without bringing up the Type 5? :bigdoge:

8 minutes ago, Whole_Nutjob said:

Is it possible for you to post in ONE thread without bringing up the Type 5? :bigdoge:

Just explained how LTs are not gonna completely outclass them :O

I was honestly not impressed with them last night.  LTs need to be able to fall back on sniping when there is not a viable spotting roll.  All of these LTs have low health and poor armor - having derpy guns just seems like overkill.  Giving them at least accurate guns with decent pen and a lower DPM would at least keep them in the game on Sacred Valley, Abby, Karkov, ruinburg after the first 90 seconds when spotting loses value, etc.

At the end of the day players want to be able to FIGHT in their tanks and these things seemed pretty crippled as fighters.  I tried the derp on the Sheridan . . . sigh, its obvious that WG wants me to use the mediocre 105 mm instead.

Edit - Nothing I said above applies to the T-100 which is a retardedly OP tank that is destined for a huge nerf

Waouh ! Did you guy's see their speed ?? look at the T-100 in DezGamez video. on himmel from spawn to top of the hill in 30sec !! (at 2.30)

I don't know who said in CW they are outclass by the 25t but that is pure bullshit. For spotting purposes and covering the map to gather info i don't see a better tanks tbh... 

It almost feel's too much speed. Like AW with th scouting tanks they have on wheels. 

On 2017-02-27 at 6:41 PM, Jesse_the_Scout said:

So somehow WG has managed to nerf arty, buff lights, yet still keep arty dangerous as fuck to lights.

It's the new eye-for-an-eye mechanic to even out all the arty yolo rushes that will take place with these speedy lights. Both lights and arty finally get a purpose in game, to kill each other in a never ending circle of hate.