_Assad

STRV 103B: A post 200 game; 4k dpg review (Is it worth it?)

37 posts in this topic

I'm looking forward to the .26 acc on this things gun over the 103-0s .37 acc. Even 350 pen didn't feel like enough when nothing hit where I aimed.

3 hours ago, Joyrider216 said:

I'm looking forward to the .26 acc on this things gun over the 103-0s .37 acc. Even 350 pen didn't feel like enough when nothing hit where I aimed.

So you lose accuracy when going from the UDES to the 103?

22 minutes ago, monjardin said:

So you lose accuracy when going from the UDES to the 103?

Yes. The tanks.gg beta has been put up today http://beta.tanks.gg/ with siege mode added. The UDES has 0.24 acc, and the 103 has 0.29. The 103B then goes back to 0.24.

Honestly, I love this tank.  Such a breathe of fresh air with the new mechanic and playstyle.  

The armor is amazing once you know who you are immune to and where on the maps the tank will dominate on.  The rof is crazy good and overall mobility feels like a Leopard.  I love the fact you can mountain goat with this.

So far about 340ish battles.  70% w/r and 3700dpg.  

Ground out the final ~150k XP I needed for the T10 today, so I'm happy to sell the inferior wedge!

First impressions with the T10 are much better, but there's a level of unreliability in its protection that I wasn't prepared for. It's pretty obvious if you think about it, but I didn't realize autoaim aims directly at the strip of 40mm armor going down the middle of the tank. You can imagine my disappointment when I had an enemy 263 run towards and kill me with three autoaimed, 50kph shots.

Anyway, most of the time the armor rocks. I can't believe how much I missed having the UDES' accuracy, too. The buzzsaw gun net me a sweet ~8k damage game on one of my first matches, which left a pretty good impression. (Usually) hitting what you aim at is nice for a change.

4 hours ago, Rexxie said:

Ground out the final ~150k XP I needed for the T10 today, so I'm happy to sell the inferior wedge!

First impressions with the T10 are much better, but there's a level of unreliability in its protection that I wasn't prepared for. It's pretty obvious if you think about it, but I didn't realize autoaim aims directly at the strip of 40mm armor going down the middle of the tank. You can imagine my disappointment when I had an enemy 263 run towards and kill me with three autoaimed, 50kph shots.

Anyway, most of the time the armor rocks. I can't believe how much I missed having the UDES' accuracy, too. The buzzsaw gun net me a sweet ~8k damage game on one of my first matches, which left a pretty good impression. (Usually) hitting what you aim at is nice for a change.

Same stuff with jpanther, and some other tanks. 

Well my WR got taken out back and beaten yesterday (43.5% over 23 games, I knew it would be one of those days when i lost the first 5 in a row), but my DPG is still sittin' pretty at ~3660.  

Lack of end game carry aside, I'm having a darn good time in this thing.  Sick gun, sick DPM, awesome camo, and while the armor isn't always reliable, (and I got 1-shot yesterday by a 53/55), you can bounce a lot in it if you get in the right spots and don't have to deal with >150mm boomsticks.

My 2nd tier 10, the armour seems a bit better than the 103-0s at bouncing things, can stop 122s sometimes. The heat fence is also very handy at range.

lazerr accurate gun, can melt anything in the game with proper positining.

also new noob poster here, how come i can only post in the sweden vehicles forum??  

That camo and range is just amazing.  Never been very good at turret less tanks, doubt I'll pursue this one but it looks fun.  Sucks getting sniped constantly by invisible tanks. :)

On 18.02.2017 at 0:36 PM, Rexxie said:

IS3 stock turret has a shot trap that if a t44 facehugs you and autoaims you he will pen you.