Rexxie

Ikv 90 Typ B, T7 TD

54 posts in this topic

Because we need a topic to complain about this one, too.

Pros:

210 AP pen
Very little hull above the gun
-10 depression
Small

Cons

No armor
No HP
Bad gold round
Low alpha, mediocre DPM
Bad gun handling, poor accuracy
Engine damage
Blind

I was hoping for something a bit more usable than the T6, but the T7 doesn't seem to be any better. You gain a little comfort and lose any raw power the T6's alpha still had. The 210 pen feels like a pretty lousy advantage when the accuracy/handling make it feel more like 175, and the 250 HEAT option is unreliable against everything you'd want to use gold for. Basically, it's a SU-100M1 with a dead loader and no armor.

Probably the worst T7 tank, although the newly-released Krupp Waffentrager could easily compete for that title, too. At least you can fit a good crew into that, though.

Doesnt it have pretty nice shell velocity, too?

Worst T7 tank? NO WAY its worse than Black Prince, atleast as long as it has 210mm pen

Shell velocity is nice.

BP is horribad, but still better. The BP is more frustrating because it's too slow and one dimensional to do anything. The Ikv 90 B has more options, but is a worse tank because all those options are useless. I mean, we're comparing a heavy with 1,450 HP, 170mm armor, and 240mm pen to a TD with 800 HP, 15mm of armor, and 210 pen. Just hold W until you meet someone in the BP and you'll get similar damage. It's not even like the Ikv 90's gun is much better than the BP's, and it's a TD.

Being worse than BP is one of the worst possible insults i can imagine :eww:

It looks like sidegrade and on some cases even downgrade to tier 6 TD. And that thing is imo quite bad aswell (lol @ that retarded 1,4k base DPM). Looking forward to getting it sooo much...

I'm suffering through the tier 6, but after this thread I'm tempted to skip the tier 7. 

@Rexxie I look forward to hearing your thoughts on the Strv 103B. Granted, I haven't played it nor seen one on the live server, but it looks like a really frustrating tank to play against.

I legit had fun grinding through this tank. The superb hill poking ability was amusing. But yeah, it's pretty trash overall.

ps - tier 8 is worse

It is definitely more fun to play than the tier 6 but I think that is just because of the lolzy hill pokes because the tank is still definitely garbage. I think tier for tier it is slightly better than the tier 6.

Actually overall it is a pretty good tier 6 TD. The alpha is pretty average and 240 is still enough at tier 6. The dpm is pretty average as is the gun handling though aim time is pretty poor. The mobility isn't bad. The armor is of course trash but you can expose very little of yourself and it makes up for it with HP. View range is still pretty terrible but it is workable at tier 6. I just don't know what possessed them to give this tank scout matchmaking.

4 hours ago, dualmaster333 said:

I legit had fun grinding through this tank. The superb hill poking ability was amusing. But yeah, it's pretty trash overall.

ps - tier 8 is worse

The UDES has taught me what inflexibility can be. Fuck that tank.

6 minutes ago, neziho said:

The UDES has taught me what inflexibility can be. Fuck that tank.

You mean a one trick wonder? And not a very good trick...

So, grind the 7 and skip the 8 if on a free XP budget with low levels of masochism?

9 hours ago, FavreFan4ever said:

@Rexxie I look forward to hearing your thoughts on the Strv 103B. Granted, I haven't played it nor seen one on the live server, but it looks like a really frustrating tank to play against.

I'd love to give my thoughts, but I don't put in massive hours or use a ton of free XP in my grinds. It might take me a long while before I hit T10 in this line.

8 hours ago, monjardin said:

So, grind the 7 and skip the 8 if on a free XP budget with low levels of masochism?

I skipped the 7 and ground the 8 :doge: 

Dont play t7. The hill poke gimmick does not carry it. Its a sidegrade to t6 but a tier higher. Seriously, dont play it.

In case if you wonder why this thing is terrible, keep on mind that this thing had 3 round, 1,5 sec intra and 15 sec full reload autoloader when it first appeared on supertest. Thats actually pretty nuts, so WG balanced it by giving it poor traverse speed, terrible aim time and mediocre accuracy. It probably turned out that the autoloader was broken anyway, so WG simply removed it and kept those terrible stats on this tank. Probably as tier 8-10 TDs certainly were not easy to balance (and they are still not) they probably were quite a big time sink and thus the tier 7 was kinda "forgotten" and it went on game on state like this.

Or...they just supposely made it yet another trash tier 7 money sink.

This thing wouldnt be hard to fix, though. Just give it better accuracy, aim time, traverse speed and DPM and it would be 1000x better.

But crewwise:

• only the tier 9/10 are worth keeping
  • tier 6-7-8(?) are crap

So i better grind the crew a bit on the tier 5, and after that just keep only 1 TD? (i wanted to train up 2 crews, but if they are all ``not that good``, then no point in starting a new crew with the tier 6)

6 hours ago, leggasiini said:

In case if you wonder why this thing is terrible, keep on mind that this thing had 3 round, 1,5 sec intra and 15 sec full reload autoloader when it first appeared on supertest. Thats actually pretty nuts, so WG balanced it by giving it poor traverse speed, terrible aim time and mediocre accuracy. It probably turned out that the autoloader was broken anyway, so WG simply removed it and kept those terrible stats on this tank. Probably as tier 8-10 TDs certainly were not easy to balance (and they are still not) they probably were quite a big time sink and thus the tier 7 was kinda "forgotten" and it went on game on state like this.

Or...they just supposely made it yet another trash tier 7 money sink.

This thing wouldnt be hard to fix, though. Just give it better accuracy, aim time, traverse speed and DPM and it would be 1000x better.

They could just put it at tier 6 with a 250 HP nerf and it would be pretty average and the hill poke gimmick would actually be useful.

The IKV90 is horrid. The ELC is a better tier 7 TD than this thing. 

I think it should have a rethink, maybe use it as a trainer for the tier 8-10 give it a semi siege mode, when you enter it you tank locks the horizontal gun traverse and rotates on the spot like the higher tier ones so it's bino's and Camo net don't deactivate, also give it faster reverse in normal mode.  

Well i am currently grinding the tier 6 TD and rather liking it, about half way to go before i get to try this one out which should be interesting

So I was apologetic towards the Ikv 65 II. It was a bad tank, but it could at least play ridge liney campey snipey, which kept it out of the shit tier with tanks like the Sturer Emil, Churchill GC and the Challenged. You know, tanks that only even do damage if the enemy sits still in front of them (side on for the challenger). The Ikv 90B sits somewhere in between.

The penetration at least goes up to 210mm, which as with the Ikv 65 II is above average for tier. This is the only thing keeping it out the garbage bin, because at tier 7 you will be able to find something to hurt, even though with the now properly anemic 240 damage you won't hurt them very much. However, while the standard round got a nice 30mm buff as you go up in tier, the already shit HEAT round on the Ikv 65 II only gains 20mm. At the very least this upgrades it from "shit the IS-3 doesn't care about" to "shit the IS-3 doesn't care about, much". For some reason though, WG saw fit to nerf the accuracy and gun handling when you went up a tier. The DPS goes up by a third, which is nice. But the only time you'll use it is to farm the occasional tomato that decides to hide his IS in the open, and to fire lots more rounds because not only is your alpha damage shit but you can't hit anything any more.

Probably the only good thing about this tank is that it's fucking tiny, the gun is top mounted and poking it over a ridge you become a very small target. Now relying on your enemies to miss is never going to be a winning strategy, but they do at least need to aim at you, whereas the Ikv 65 II could get snap shot and its low mounted gun meant it took ages to get into cover. This, combined with the health boost from going up a tier, means I found myself surviving getting spotted 1-2 times, instead of 0-1 times in the Ikv 65 II.

This tank is very much like the Ikv 65 II, the only thing it can do is plane unfair and kemp bush, any aggression is immediately punished with failure and death. The skill ceiling is slightly higher than before because the small size means you can camp some slightly more aggressive bushes, but it's still pretty low. At the end of the day I managed to average 1308 damage per game, but it was all damage I could have either gotten more of in a better tank, or damage my team could have dealt without me.

Compared to the T6 for me:

Pros:

• You can finally peek a ridge without getting insta spotted or get rekt in a matter of a second because the T6 platform is just pure ebola
  • Gun has nice pen for its tier, I mostly fired AP only
  • More DPM!
  • More HP on a(in my opinion!) better platform made it quite okay-ish
  • You can push a bit more against certain targets while on the T6 you couldn't even push a tank a tier lower because of your abysmal DPM

Cons:

• Aimtime seems quite bad
  • Camo didn't seem to be the best, I got spotted quite a lot, then again T6 I was as well because literally 3/4 of my games there were T8
  • I got 1 shot by T49 more than I was by arty
  • Engine seemed to get rekt a lot
  • Accuracy was mostly "This tank is showing me its whole side armor? Better miss a few times!"

Conclusion:

I found this grind to be more pleasant than the T6 in every way expect aim time and the accuracy(it just didn't feel good). I'd rate it mostly a 4/10 while I'd rate the T6 a -4/10. I did the whole T7 to T8 grind in a single day during the x2exp/win event on the EU server so games mostly were literally ebola, some were not even ~4 mins long, shortest being 3mins12sec.

I got this tank, and it may be because I'm bad but this thing is utter cancer. Why on earth would you give a tank a tier higher WORSE accuracy than the tier below it?! Why?! The 65 Alt II wasn't even that accurate, and this thing just misses everything... They give us a tank that has distance and camouflage as its only defense, and then make it so it can't hit anything, and it can't hide well either... I haven't found a single redeeming feature on this piece of shit. Then again, I may have unrealistic expectations due to my only other t7 tds at the moment being the SU-122-44, the E-25, and the SU-152. Please tell me the top gun makes this thing bearable.

Wargaming decided that the odd tiers in this line should have terrible accuracy. It's frustrating to be unable to hit things. Some battles RNG hits you hard.