dualmaster333

UDES 03 - What is a one trick pony?

88 posts in this topic

I'm starting the thread for the Tier 8 Swede TD....because if I don't Rexxie soon will! I just finished a 166 game grind with this tank and here are my thoughts:

Pros

• Fast - high H.P./ton, good top speed
  • Fast going backwards!
  • Gun is awesome in siege mode
  • 288 pen APCR standard, 1385 shell velocity (1560 with premium APCR!)
  • Great camo
  • Good view range with binocs (stays active while turning in siege mode so more effective than on most TDs)
  • Average DPM
  • Awesome climber - time to learn how to boost!

Cons

• Awful at everything when not in siege mode
  • Incredibly slow movement while in siege mode (a couple kph)
  • Slow to exit siege mode (2 seconds)
  • Low alpha for a TD
  • Horrendous at trying to push (pure reactionary tank)
  • Everything overmatches your 20mm of armor
  • A piddly 1000 hit points
  • Can't push anything (listed twice for emphasis)

This is a one trick pony - find somewhere you can shoot bad guys without them being able to see you. The gun can put out solid damage if you just find a place to use it. But that's the bad part - there's many maps where there just aren't good spots. This tank becomes largely useless when forced to be seen by bad guys - you have to be in siege mode to have any chance of shooting stuff but you basically can't move anywhere while in siege mode. When trying to push somewhere you have to drive into the open, go into siege mode, and start shooting. But the bad guys will still get off a shot or two or three and your 1000 HP doesn't last very long. So pushing is either a cleanup move or a desperation move. It's also garbage when trying to fight on hills - movement in siege mode is too slow to hill poke, fire, and duck back down. Bad guys have time to sit there and aim and since everything overmatches your top armor there isn't much you can do.

Equipment: Rammer, vents, and binocs. Boost your DPM and get the best view range you can. Vision and distance are your ONLY defense. Since your camo values are relatively high and your view range is high with binocs you can actually spot and shoot stuff at 350-400 meters without getting lit.

Consumables: Rep kit, med kit, auto fire extinguisher. This burns quite a bit so I wouldn't recommend running food.

Crew Skills: After sixth sense, camo is the highest priority because it is your best defense. After that BIA, view range skills, and then repairs. This tank is kind of like a light tank - you get tracked, you burn your kit. You get tracked again you're probably dead anyways so repairs won't help you much. Camo and view range are more important.

I also recommend learning boosts with this tank (because what else are you going to do with this garbage). A good boost can put you in a position to farm damage from an unexpected location. For example, I picked up over 8k damage while staying invisible from this spot on Fjords. Yes, my best game ever in a tier 8 was in this stupid tank.

tqxFOTH.jpg

Was considering grinding down that line instead of the TVP which will be on discount soon... Any thoughts on that? 

You were right to make the topic before me! XD

I'm working on it, but I didn't have any gold left to skip the stock grind. And oh boy is this a bad stock grind. Could complain about it for days, but I think you can imagine what the UDES with the 90 is like. Happy to hear you can have some good games with the top gun, couldn't come soon enough!

45 minutes ago, SmurfReroll said:

Was considering grinding down that line instead of the TVP which will be on discount soon... Any thoughts on that? 

Tier 9 and 10 in the Skoda line are great tanks. Personally I'd much rather play those over this TD line.

42 minutes ago, Rexxie said:

You were right to make the topic before me! XD

I'm working on it, but I didn't have any gold left to skip the stock grind. And oh boy is this a bad stock grind. Could complain about it for days, but I think you can imagine what the UDES with the 90 is like. Happy to hear you can have some good games with the top gun, couldn't come soon enough!

Sure I can imagine it because I did it! I only had enough free XP for the tracks so I ground out the engine and top gun. With AP only. I didn't even put a fire extinguisher on it because hey, I'm already suffering, might as well burn to death. Things get a lot better with the top gun!

51 minutes ago, CraBeatOff said:

That CraBeat0ff guy sure is bad at TDs.

Kind of like the real one :=D

Actually, for the last 40 solo games where I *kind* of tried I managed 65% and 2500 DPG. I got all the potato out of my system when I was platooning with you!

2 hours ago, dualmaster333 said:
  •  
  • Everything overmatches your 20mm of armor

When they announced they were delaying the new overmatch mechanics, this is what i figured would happen. Until that's done, RIP Swede TDs @ T8+

Cant wait to play this tard tank, im kidding, im already mad, and i didnt even play the tier 6...

2 hours ago, DHP said:

You don't take any premium rounds ? Or are we fooled ? 

1. could be pure gold loadout then swapped place with standard one

2. Doesnt have gold because lol 290 pen on tier 8

He's playing it on a refer a friend account, with super eco speed grind load outs.

6 hours ago, BadLuckCharm said:

When they announced they were delaying the new overmatch mechanics, this is what i figured would happen. Until that's done, RIP Swede TDs @ T8+

tbh they don't even have to update overmatch mechanics since that'd fuck up a lot of things balance wise (invincible us heavy turrets lololol). they could honestly just buff the armor to something like 40.8mm and then only big russkies and stuff like that can overmatch

12 minutes ago, Jug0sLovEn said:

+ "Udes" means "car crash" here in the Balkans :happyfish:

Same is for WOT, it's a fuckin wreck :D

6 hours ago, DHP said:

You don't take any premium rounds ? Or are we fooled ? 

I haven't shot a single premium round in the entire grind up that tree because I was conserving credits. I didn't use any consumables until the tier 6 and didn't use a fire extinguisher until half way through the tier 8. But with 288 penetration you really don't need premium rounds for anything.

6 hours ago, BPX said:

upload that 8k game dual you double kneegro

Super boring game. Thought process:

1. Boost
  2. "X" to enter siege mode
  3. Kemp bush
  4. Farm north side
  5. Farm middle
  6. Repeat steps five and six until everything disappears

For those interested in seeing this tank on a city map, here is the best result I got from Himmelsdorf. You can notice how incapable I am of having a serious impact - I'm largely immobile, I have to get lucky on a couple of non-siege shots, I can't even poke a corner on an IS-6 after he has shot at me, and I nearly throw the game because going into siege mode apparently takes twice as long with a damaged engine. Most of my other Himmels games ended much, much worse...

11 minutes ago, BPX said:

I know the T10 is fast enough for the safe way up.  T8 isn't or you just don't care?

I know nothing about boosting so I didn't even know there is a safe way.

may i just jump in here

i saw guys practice climbing in 1vs1 games? how do i set that up?

i'd like to try boosts but can really practice it in randoms

1 hour ago, volim_velike_sise said:

may i just jump in here

i saw guys practice climbing in 1vs1 games? how do i set that up?

i'd like to try boosts but can really practice it in randoms

There is a tab for training rooms next to the Battle! button. Watch out for wolf lyfe and other RP weirdos. Needs 2 to launch. 

15 minutes ago, CraBeatOff said:

There is a tab for training rooms next to the Battle! button. Watch out for wolf lyfe and other RP weirdos. Needs 2 to launch. 

Or alt account and running two WoT clients in the same time.