dualmaster333

UDES 03 - What is a one trick pony?

67 posts in this topic

150ish games solo, managed a lousy 59% w/r and 2450 dpg.  Overall, you either rekt everyone on the opposing team or you get rekt yourself.  The key to the tank is very good map awareness and playing perfect vision games.  I

How was your guys MM with this? Mine in a nutshell:
>Himmels T10
>Ensk
>Red Shire
> Ruinberg
>Sacred valley
> Himmels

Like what the fuck is this even.

6 hours ago, Siimcy said:

How was your guys MM with this? Mine in a nutshell:
>Himmels T10
>Ensk
>Red Shire
> Ruinberg
>Sacred valley
> Himmels

Like what the fuck is this even.

That sounds like the MM I get whenever I attempt LT missions. With LT-15.2, for example, I kept track and played 99 straight games without getting Prokhorovka. On my 100th battle, I got Prok and did the mission easily. It made me want to invest in tin foil.

Otherwise, I've found Erlenberg to be an extremely good map for the UDES. Steppes--while definitely better than the city maps--is not as easy as I would have thought. There aren't as many opportunities for camo-sniping from higher ground.

1 hour ago, monjardin said:

That sounds like the MM I get whenever I attempt LT missions. With LT-15.2, for example, I kept track and played 99 straight games without getting Prokhorovka. On my 100th battle, I got Prok and did the mission easily. It made me want to invest in tin foil.

Otherwise, I've found Erlenberg to be an extremely good map for the UDES. Steppes--while definitely better than the city maps--is not as easy as I would have thought. There aren't as many opportunities for camo-sniping from higher ground.

Believe it or not, in my 102 or so games I did in this tank not a single one was in Erlenberg, not a single one. NotLikeThis

1 hour ago, Siimcy said:

Believe it or not, in my 102 or so games I did in this tank not a single one was in Erlenberg, not a single one. NotLikeThis

Give wg more money, you'll get better mm.  ^_^

4 hours ago, TheDivision said:

Give wg more money, you'll get better mm.  ^_^

My MM with it was truly trash and I'm not even kidding. Well, onto the T9, at least it can only get better from here on. :)

On 1/13/2017 at 1:35 PM, Siimcy said:

Well, you missed out. May your 103 grind be blessed with many of these.

udes_5th.jpg

This isn't a great game, but I had to share it because I out brawled a T-54 that got right on top of me. I had to get in 3 shots with only time for one in siege mode. It's pretty funny.

http://wotreplays.com/site/3260972#redshire-monjardin-udes_03

Yeah... So, my UDES 03 solopub win rate is not at 62% anymore. :feelsbad:

vh1JCMr.png

The inability to push is SO FRUSTRATING! I don't normally rage at pubbies, since I can usually just go do things myself, but in the Udes? I'm about to turn into one of those guys that shoots scouts that are hiding next to me instead of scouting for me. "Light them for me and I will kill them for you, you cowardly oxygen-thief!" I can tell you with high certainty the type of game I'm going to have as soon as I see the map and the team comp. Maybe I should see the Udes as a Zen test, requiring acceptance of the way the game will be...

Tried this out on the test server as the retard I usually am, with zero prior TD experience

It's fairly comfy to play but I can't win in it for shit. Had a 3.6k dmg game with 3k spotting, then got spotted and died instantly.

If you have binocs, camo net, food and a good crew, this is some next-level chai-sniping redline camping invisitank cheater HACKER!!! machine (assuming you, unlike me, know where to go). You can even take advance positions like lake bushes on Serene Coast and farm assisteds.

I'm currently sitting at 140+ games in the UDES with a little over 60% WR and 2k WN8. True that in the past I severely hated this tank due to its almost complete inability to make offensive moves (my experience: attempted to 'mop-up' a winning game, ran into an enemy Chaffee at close range and subsequently died from full health) and my early WR suffered for this, But the tank itself has a unique playstyle and combination of traits that, IMHO, contributes positively to the winning chances of the team. 

First off, this thing can SCOUT. It has the Camo-On-The-Move and top speed/acceleration similar to the infamous E25 and the lower range of Light Tanks. If the map or situation does not allow you to play passively or engage the enemy safely, this is a part-time job you can take. Once, I assclenched when I spotted an enemy E50 in cover at a little over 350m while in the open and on the move. Only when he started blindshooting the bushes around me then I realized I wasn't actually spotted. The two things you need to make up for is the UDES's TD-like low turnrate and spotting range. For turnrate, my only advice is to turn well in advance or use the handbrake if you dont mind bleeding speed. For spotting range, I would first do a cautious loop or poke first to see if 6th goes off, if it doesn't then I settle down and let Binos do its work (I don't run Optics, but it is a possible setup).

The Camo also lets you engage at much closer ranges than a typical Sniper TD without getting seen, sometimes even self-spot, and you have the speeds to take and abuse advantageous positions provided you dont run into enemy lights or meds in which case you are buggered. I run Camo Net to help with this. Also, a basic Camo/TD skill that I never cared about until I got to this tank is to wait for 2 seconds after coming to a complete stop before attempting to invisitank shoot, because the transition from 'moving camo' to 'stationary camo' is the same conditions and delay as binos or net kicking in, if you have either equipped just wait for the sound of them activating before shooting to be sure.

Speaking of advantageous positions. You can mountain goat with this thing due to its acceleration and top speed. If you have that kind of map knowledge then this tank with its L7A1, -12(?) degrees of depression and camo you can wreck merry havoc from above.

Another tip with this and the next two TDs is to go into travel mode immediately after shooting, this is so that if 6th triggers you can immediately back away at 40 km/h. The substantial reload time is enough for you to set up again for the next shot regardless if you're not spotted.

If you absolutely must engage enemies that will see you before you shoot or will see you after you shoot, your most favorable circumstance would be shooting down under cover from high ground. The best way to do this is starting from being fully in cover is step:
1. Enter siege mode and force your ass up to maximum by aiming at the ground, 
2. Auto aim the target, 
3. Inch up the last few feet until only the raised gun and butt of your tank is visible to the enemy, 
4. Let auto aim snap to the target, 
5. Fire and autopen because you have 288/330 pen as a T8, 
6. Hit travel mode so your butt lowers itself out of sight faster than you can reverse in siege mode,
7. Back down just a little bit so you can perform step 1 without being seen,
8. Repeat.
This entire cycle can be completed in slightly less than your reload time so you don't lose DPM. If you want, you can delay the cycle slightly so you recloak before the next shot.

Final note: The tank gains a little bit of depression while moving forward in travel mode. If you must perform the ELC European Lancer Charge, don't stop to aim unless your piece of ground slopes downwards because 1. The gun will jerk upwards when coming to a stop, and 2. No telling that even flat ground can give you enough depression.

Rating: Permanent addition to garage for pubs with non girl crew.

This tank is delightfully stupid to play. Camo is absurd (running Rammer, Bino, Net... tempted to go w/ vents over rammer just cause) and lets you do some stupid shit right up to about 350m or so. Im... having fun, having completed half of the grind in just two days. Hell, I have the Obj 416, Emil I which I bought MONTHS ago and have less EXP saved up on their tanks for the next.

Its a camo sniping bitch of a tank that lends itself to some stupid shit you shouldn't be getting away with but do

@dualmaster333's Udes

Sitting in the open Udes

C0U5B4V.jpg

http://wotreplays.eu/site/3438281#redshire-marine-udes_03

I doth enjoyeth this tank. 119 battles, 58.82% WR, 2279 DPG. Really dont feel that MM makes or breaks this tank, just the map rotations. If you get into a good map rotation, you'll farm for years

On 3/18/2017 at 1:25 PM, TheMarine0341 said:

C0U5B4V.jpg

http://wotreplays.eu/site/3438281#redshire-marine-udes_03

I doth enjoyeth this tank. 119 battles, 58.82% WR, 2279 DPG. Really dont feel that MM makes or breaks this tank, just the map rotations. If you get into a good map rotation, you'll farm for years

I gotta say, I'm having a lot of fun in it, too. Map rotation can bum ya out, and in general it carries like wet cardboard, but gosh darn it, it's a heck of a lot of fun to camo rape people. 

Finished 150 battles in the Udes, will be about #15 overall for NA DPG once its updated :D Finished the grind at about 100 battles, but its been stupidly easy to shit out TD Missions and daily missions in that thing, Ive just kept playing it