MrMc24

I wish to improve further!

5 posts in this topic

I stopped playing for some time and when I return to game... I feel that I am playing worse.

I think it would be a good time to ask for help, together with the fact that I am also hitting my brick wall (can't seem to improve on my own), I still want to be a true purple :disco:

So please, I need a mentor!

I can speak Cantonese, Mandarin and English

Can use TS or Skype

Open to advice and critical comments (I really want to learn)

Please help :)

Well you are playing worse because you are out of practice since you said that you haven't played in a while and just now returning to the game. It may take a few sessions to get you back to your original level.

Hitting the brick wall is something I'm familiar with as I'm currently sort of hitting one myself right now. I'm stuck around 2.6-2.7k WN8 and can't seem to progress. However, this also happened to me when I was at about 1.5k WN8 a few months ago. At that point I started watching a lot of replays from really good players and it really helped me break through that wall pretty quickly and pretty much reach my current level, so my suggestion would be to try to watch as many replays/videos from top players and learn from them.

Another good way to get help though is to join a clan which contains good players, preferably ones that are better than you and then platoon with them and ask plenty of questions.

Good luck :)

I'm in the same boat. I took a 4 month break for WoW and coming back my game sense is taking a while to come back to me. 

It is one of those games that requires almost constant practice to maintain your level. Taking breaks certainly helps and are needed sometimes but there is such a thing as taking too much time off because then your game sense/feel and skills start to degrade. It's actually very true to real life in that sense.