Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Battery

Hit a ceiling

8 posts in this topic

Hello all, I've been trying to improve lately and I seem to have hit a ceiling at 1.5k and could use some advice and pointers. Willing to use TS/Skype. All help is appreciated, Thank you :)

Platton with better people than you and look what  they do.

Platooning can also be used as a crutch by accident.

Getting carried by people who are better than you isn't always the answer to improvement.

4 hours ago, Victrix said:

Platooning can also be used as a crutch by accident.

Getting carried by people who are better than you isn't always the answer to improvement.

It depends on what you can actually take away from platooning with these better players. 

If you feel like you're a potential handicap to your platoon mates, don't be discouraged. Be humble and apologetic, and note the mistakes you made, but don't fret over it. Just be sure to learn your lesson.

I cannot stress enough how vital voice comms can be. Via TeamSpeak or Discord or whatever, oral communication will be a big help. Just try to remember to avoid unnecessary chatter, and listen to your platoon mate's input and directions.

If voice comms isn't regularly available, learn to type fast and use shortcuts/

Platoon with your buddy(s) regularly, and you may even be able to synergise just fine without voice comms. Via telepathy :kappa:

One last thing, if you get rekt early before your platoon mates, don't leave the battle. Stick around, observe your platoon mate(s), watch and learn what he does. And you can even help keep your platoon mates updated on what's going on in another flank by switching your view to another player.

Watch a lot of replays from good players. Take note of the positions they use, and why they are using them, so that you can be able to use those positions when you play. Also ask yourself when those positions would NOT be ideal to use, since everything is situational.

im willing to coach you for free if youd like. im getting back into the game after 7 months, but i think i know a thing or two still ;) let me know if you want me to help. involves replay review, ts, platoons etc.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0