Wessmen

T8 med premium? CDC/STA-2

24 posts in this topic

Hello all purplegans.

Im a noob who plays for enjoyment, dont know my wn8 since I picked up WOT after a long break and now Im more of a patient player which pays off. 

Im grinding different lines and I want to buy myself another moneymaker and its not very important which nation its in.

I enjoy the playstyle using ridges and the gun depression and my Patton KR works this pretty good except some gold-rounds in tier10 games. Atleast I have a good time rolling it around. For some reason my win rate in for example T-54 took a dive over 10% from 55% in T-44 to 44% in T-54 so that is the kind of tank if not comfy in, sam with Panther which I hate. Other tanks I enjoy is Centurion (even with crap gun) and Strv 74. 

The premium I already have it T34, SuperP and Patton KR. Before I got the last I enjoyed the first too, but now I hate them. If its a bigger outdoor map its pretty much "RRR" and go for a drink and perhaps Im halfway when Im back. On the other hand its easy money on a citymap going hulldown. 

So this pretty much come down to STA-2 and AMX CDC. I have a decent crew in a batchat, but I hardly play it since I dont enjoy bad gun dep and "hiding" for half the game even if I did great in the 12t, 1375 and 1390. My highest winrate ever closer and above 60%, perhaps the Type 64 could be something?

If this was a year ago I would have picked the CDC but the STA-2 has the pen buff and the speed buff maybe its the better choice for a player liking the Patton KR?

If the Amx 30b was good it would be a no brainer, but that seem to suck compared to STB-1. 

Mutz aint a choice for now to exclude it.

Sorry for wall of clutter/thoughts/walloftext

Best regards,

yellow-mellow. 

STA-2 seems to be the more preferred T8 premium medium. It's a good enough medium on its own (decent everything) and premium ammo that does't have garbage pen.

Don't let the HP/t + top speed fool you, the CDC doesn't keep its speed well. It's gun is meh, and the armor can't bounce anything. You don't bounce anything in the STA-2 either, but at least you won't die from artillery as easily.

Don't get the CDC. The biggest mistake of my life. Not only the gun is ebola but everyone knows you have no armor so they load HE. It sucks to be outtraded by light tanks and lower trier meds. 

I'd seriously reconsider the Ravioli after the buffs though.

First of all tier VIII is imho a pretty bad tier overall. Thats because tier IX and X tanks are a HUGE step from tier VIII while quite some tier VII tanks are not that much weaker than their tier VIII counterparts.

Especially tier VIII mediums are not very good. At tier IX most of them get good dpm and pen as well as better mobility or decent armor or good gun stats.

Still tier VIII is where your rem tanks are earning the most money and grind the best crew exp but I have never played any of them "for fun".

With that outta the way I can recommend either the STA-2, the 59-Patton, the Mutz or the Patton KR. These are all various shades of decent and quite similar to each other. The T-54 proto is great when top tier but alas looses a lot when not. If you are not dead set on MT playstyle, consider the Ravioli or the Skorpion. These med style TDs can lay down the hurt quite well.

Finally if you don't care for going fast consider the Super Pershing. It can be quite hilarious and it's limited MM makes it a VERY decent trank after the recent buffs. In fact, except for the unavailable Type 59, it currently seem the strongest tier VIII prem "med".

Avoid the P8.8 or the CDC. The P8.8 has high MM weight for no other reason than WG trolling unsuspecting players which means you will be into tier IX+ battles often (in my first 19 games in it I was only top tier once...). The CDC is VERY situational, to say the least. It is the most mobile tank of all the lot but not by very much and it pays with awful gun soft stats and, most of all, literally no armor. Arty, T49 - even VK2801s will LOVE you and show their love in various unpleasant ways...

I tried CDC when there was rental on EU while ago. Jesus christ it was fucking piece of shit. Literally pulled straight out from donkey's anus. Im super glad i didnt buy it because i actually once was tempted to, because gotta go fast seems fun on paper

As everyone said sta-2 is miles better, cdc is a sad premium now if the gun wasnt so shit it would be ok

STA2 is a good medium tank CDC is a good dumpster fire.

the end.

since you do have a French MT crew, why not consider the M4A1 Revelry. I hear it's pretty good now.

That said, the STA-2 beats the AMX CDC both ways, two ways, everyday and twice on Sundays.

29 minutes ago, ThomChen114 said:

since you do have a French MT crew, why not consider the M4A1 Revelry. I hear it's pretty good now.

That said, the STA-2 beats the AMX CDC both ways, two ways, everyday and twice on Sundays.

Ive just looked at a few videos on youtube and sure it looks pretty good with the alpha and all. Im just afraid that it will be another slow moving turd which I eventually will hate. With T34 and SuperP I dont want to click the "Start"-button but since I need the credits I have too. Patton KR has been so much fun even if the profit is a little less especielly if I have to use some premiumrounds.

I would snatch Cromwell B if I could. could have should have would have if I didnt dwell on it. FV4202 is a no go.

2 hours ago, ThomChen114 said:

Recent buffs have much improved it, even snaps ok at shorter ranges.

4 hours ago, hazzgar said:

Don't get the CDC. The biggest mistake of my life.

Well if that is true you've had a pretty charmed life :P

That being said it does play like a tier 8 Leopard 1 -- and we all know how bad that is in the current meta.

1 hour ago, Fenxis said:

Well if that is true you've had a pretty charmed life :P

That being said it does play like a tier 8 Leopard 1 -- and we all know how bad that is in the current meta.

Leopard seemed better. Seriously. But yeah that's a slight overexageration since my job currently is ass annoying as an ammoracked CDC

Well Ok, couldnt hold myself back so I decided to buy the STA-2. Ive had 10isch battles in it and Im happy with it. Better manueverability and top speed than the Patton KR but no mantlet. That mantlet is kind of crazy right now, was bouncing all kind of shells haha. 

Unfortunatly I got maps that Im not very happy with and I was so eager I died the tomatodeath alot of times. Now it didnt feel like a punishment to farm credits, cant wait till better crew and better games. Ploot me already! 

Make premiums great again! :trump:

CDC is reliably frontally penetrated by HE of 100mm or above(just anything with 50mm or above) if you don't angle(if you do, it's about 50% with a 50mm pen 100mm HE round); and even  angling won't save you from 122mm+...etc. (you will have better luck not getting penned by 122mm+ HE by driving sideways and hoping RNG puts the shot onto tracks)

I love the CDC; shooting it, that is.

STA-2 at least requires aiming(at turret ring) to pen with HE.

these amounts of excrement everyone shoveling at the cdc i don't get it. ok gun is awful, but primarily this tank is a second line supporter which of course suffers on paris and other city maps, but otherwise, great. I have both sta2 and cdc, with the current buff i'd choose the japanese tank too, but if you want to train french medium crews cdc is a valid choice also.

both tanks has no armor but good shell velocity and fast relocation capabilities, with great dpm.

1 hour ago, Vindi said:

these amounts of excrement everyone shoveling at the cdc i don't get it. ok gun is awful, but primarily this tank is a second line supporter which of course suffers on paris and other city maps almost all maps, but otherwise, great it can have a good game on prok once in a milion years. I have both sta2 and cdc, with the current buff i'd choose the japanese tank too, but if you want to train french medium crews cdc is a valid choice also.

both tanks has no armor but good shell velocity and fast relocation capabilities, with great dpm.

Fixed that for you

1 hour ago, Vindi said:

these amounts of excrement everyone shoveling at the cdc i don't get it. ok gun is awful, but primarily this tank is a second line supporter which of course suffers on paris and other city maps, but otherwise, great. I have both sta2 and cdc, with the current buff i'd choose the japanese tank too, but if you want to train french medium crews cdc is a valid choice also.

Why ever consider a CDC over the glorious buffed Ravioli for crew training and less frustration? CDC gun is worse than arty gun, what the fuck is wrong with it and I have a nice crew. It got fucked by terrain resistances so it got mega fucked in that department even tho its hp/t is really high, it's nowhere near that.

CDC: Very shit gun, even on an armored vehicle this gun would be utter cancer, mobility isn't even that great because terrain resistances comrade, get rekt by literally everything with 0 effort, looks like an anteater.

I got the CDC for free yet I still consider it one of the worst premium tanks ever. It's great for SHs don't get me wrong, but after the buffs of Ravioli there's no point in me ever using a CDC again unless I wanna double it.

STA-2 is very good, and it has the most important factors in a premium tank: It doesn't need premium ammo and it's fun to play.

The only mediocre thing about it is the shell velocity, which is a bit potato.

:happyfish: MFW I am in a KV-2 and I see a CDC toon on the other team.

I have the STA-2 played about 140 games +3308 WN8 (didnt check for a week tho) it has amazing and very smooth acceleration it can relocate easily if you compare it with other premium mediums.The gun lacks accuracy but when you put optics,gun rammer and vertstab,playing on close range is just point and shoot not need for shift.

BUT be aware they hit my engine 4/6 games so always bring a large repair kit and be patient when repairing.

You will have 6.33 reload without special consumables or ventilation which is quite fantastic and most of the all THE HEAT ROUNDS BABY!

275 penetration with those little f**ckers.Look cdc, meeeh i never like it i always liked depression and my only tier 8 prem are T34 and SP like you mate.Go for it just do it

I actually love my CDC, I think it's a fun tank to play  :) 
The gun I don't think it's that bad, I usually hit everything I shoot at, misses are not so common regardless of distance(for example, "the most accurate gun in the game" Grille 15, misses fully aimed shots all the fucking time...wtf?)

T26E5 and Skorpion G  > ANYTHING ELSE

CDC is the biggest regret in WOt. End of story. If you want a french Med go for the ravioli 

On 1/23/2017 at 5:33 AM, IfICouldFly said:

I actually love my CDC, I think it's a fun tank to play  :) 
The gun I don't think it's that bad, I usually hit everything I shoot at, misses are not so common regardless of distance(for example, "the most accurate gun in the game" Grille 15, misses fully aimed shots all the fucking time...wtf?)

It's terrible and even the guys who have 3 marked it will usually tell you that. The gun is just so trash. You are more likely to snap shot in arty than you will in a cdc. 

On 2/5/2017 at 1:37 AM, Acumen said:

CDC is the biggest regret in WOt. End of story. If you want a french Med go for the ravioli 

It's terrible and even the guys who have 3 marked it will usually tell you that. The gun is just so trash. You are more likely to snap shot in arty than you will in a cdc. 

I wouldn't say that getting a CDC is my biggest regret in WOT (not getting the Hype-59 or playing in the first place ;) ) and it was extremely useful for training a new Frenchie med crew for the AMX30s.

But... I"m pretty sure I would have preferred even the pre-buff Rev than than the CDC (it's just more unique)